Gaming International have taken our club hostage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Dazza wrote:Nope they haven't yet apparently. Too busy agreeing terms to worry about the press etc.

Not a particularly good, reassuring, or diplomatic start but all of these words are probably old fashioned. Re-assuring a suddenly nervous and worried board or seeking still better terms than they had on Friday. Either way it's another horrible horrible day for the fans and supporters. These developers are here basically to land trade or build on our pitch. The fans feel simply abused. Not communicated with and left totally in the dark.

Tonight it will be the usual ITV special - life at the Devon death wish club...

Surely, surely between you GI and Board you could have done a little better than you did today...? surely there has to be a better way of conducting the day than this ??
Dave Phillips explains all in tonight's latest HE online story.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Gulliball wrote:http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/t ... gX2q7DX.99
So this is first we hear of the position the club was in, and it's after it's too late for any action, and it's from the person who's said nothing for months, telling us what we should know about the position of the club...
It's also the person that point blank repeatedly denied the TUST the option of having a couple months to do some fundraising and repeatedly blocked the TUST from exploring community ownership despite administration being just around the corner. The sheer arrogance when his board has along with Thea Bristows run this club into the ground. For what it's worth the other forum has been saying the club is close to admin for weeks now.

What is clear is that Dave Phillips is so beholden to Peter Masters that he kept the fans in the dark, repeatedly denied any opportunity for the TUST to see whether community ownership could work and then sold us down the river to GI, because they are no doubt in cahoots with Masters. A shabby way to deal with a fanbase that has by and large stick by this board, supported them and delivered the required attendances despite absolute shite on the field and being treated constantly with contempt by a board that couldn't run a piss up in a brewery at the best of times (Steve Breed aside).

For people that have attacked me and the other 'naysayers' for daring to criticise the boards running of the club. This is the result.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Close to administration because ( no doubt with the best of intentions ) they borrowed from GI a debt I suspect other potential investors had problems with. We will never know what the terms of that loan were but I it bet it wouldn't have been easy for others. Dancing with the devil. Cornered. All genuine offers of help from fans declined. Checkmate. Horrible.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Despite Dodgy Dave's words on TV tonight, I'm sceptical and suspect he is maybe getting part or maybe all of HIS money back if he continues to front up the fans and press by playing the "hard done by" card.

Telling us now that the club could have faced administration is a shocking admission when we've all been crying out for the full picture of the clubs situation for 12 months.

The guys is a complete cock and I am almost 100% certain he won't be at Plainmoor on Boxing day.

What a bunch of gutless cowards.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Phillips is a business man - in it for only one thing .. personal gain.
Don't be fooled for one minute when he spouts on about how he saved the Club.

I know for a fact he was on the phone less than three weeks ago offering the Club for sale at a knockdown price of £250k plus debts.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I don't believe a word that comes out of Phillips mouth anymore. What a complete farce.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Dazza wrote:Close to administration because ( no doubt with the best of intentions ) they borrowed from GI a debt I suspect other potential investors had problems with. We will never know what the terms of that loan were but I it bet it wouldn't have been easy for others. Dancing with the devil. Cornered. All genuine offers of help from fans declined. Checkmate. Horrible.

I'm not convinced. At best Philips and his pals have been totally incompetent.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Burnhamgull wrote:Despite Dodgy Dave's words on TV tonight, I'm sceptical and suspect he is maybe getting part or maybe all of HIS money back if he continues to front up the fans and press by playing the "hard done by" card.

Telling us now that the club could have faced administration is a shocking admission when we've all been crying out for the full picture of the clubs situation for 12 months.

The guys is a complete cock and I am almost 100% certain he won't be at Plainmoor on Boxing day.

I doubt match will go ahead on Boxing Day, weather is rain most the week and a storm on its from the Atlantic. Looks like Woking could be our next home match. Back to topic, he has admitted we face administration, so what if GI now delay further, we would be ten points less off, more likely to get relegated and the they can rub there hands as the club will be gone, there will be no need to build us a new ground. So a £125k loan gets them £5 million,
Lucy
TheElk92
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by TheElk92 »

We need to turn out in force on Boxing Day and show the club how the supporters feel.
TUST Member.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Gulliball wrote:http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/t ... gX2q7DX.99
So this is first we hear of the position the club was in, and it's after it's too late for any action, and it's from the person who's said nothing for months, telling us what we should know about the position of the club...
I'm beginning to think this guy is worse than Roberts. The rumours of administration have been around for weeks but why hasn't this "fan" been honest with the rest of us. Does he really despise us all that much? Think so little of his fellow fans that he wouldn't even give them the opportunity to help? A little bit of communication, some honesty and we might have stood a chance or surviving.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Can the Chairman answer that one group were turned away with no explanation when they were interested in buying the club.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

PhilGull wrote: I'm beginning to think this guy is worse than Roberts. The rumours of administration have been around for weeks but why hasn't this "fan" been honest with the rest of us. Does he really despise us all that much? Think so little of his fellow fans that he wouldn't even give them the opportunity to help? A little bit of communication, some honesty and we might have stood a chance or surviving.
:goodpost:

The words "fu*king livid" don't even come close. :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Bobbytanz63
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by Bobbytanz63 »

So it seems to have transpired that GI held personal guarantees from the board !! Well no surprise there as would you really loan money to parties without getting a nice little safety net !! proves that th board are spineless and looking after their own interests !!

Who knows what we happen in the next few weeks, and a sad reflection on the modern game when's there are football clubs in crisis and no help offered by the fat cats in the Premier League or the Football League. We aren't alone here just look at Coventry City for example.

I just hope that something positive well come out of this and this is the season of goodwill after all !!! All we want is clarity is that too much to ask for ...?????
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

arcadia wrote:Can the Chairman answer that one group were turned away with no explanation when they were interested in buying the club.
Oh he could......
But of course he won't.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Burnhamgull wrote:Despite Dodgy Dave's words on TV tonight, I'm sceptical and suspect he is maybe getting part or maybe all of HIS money back if he continues to front up the fans and press by playing the "hard done by" card.

This is the salient point. For roughly a year now, ever since the Dean Edwards falling out, the fans have been asking for the full picture, asking for information, so that we'll connected people, the TUST, the general public could realise how bad it was and try to put in place a way out of this mess. Instead the board refused to release specifics, constantly kept us in the dark and fed us shit and then flogged us off to a property development company on the basis of an impending administration, which not one member of the board mentioned in the past few months despite the fact they were probably well aware of it being over the horizon.

Why didn't they mention it and use it as a rallying call to attempt to organise a rescue package....because it would have destroyed their opportunity to sell the club for a sum and to try and recoup their 'we don't care if we lose it, we're fans' initial investment.

15 years down the line, the last two seasons will be a case study in how fans taking over a club is not necessarily a good thing, how very quickly they can become self interested, their communication can actually be worse than the 'much despised' old owners they take over from and how they can actually become the exact opposite of the open, honest, fan facing administration they claim to be.