New Players/Loan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

RACINE, till the end of the season. good signing.
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

Pleased that we may have 2 centre backs capable of playing at this level and a right back in the team for the first time this season.

Still desperate for a centre forward...!
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

May have been some time ago, but Hodgkiss has played nearly 2 seasons with Racine, and more recently played with LRT so at least our back four aren't complete strangers.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

portugull wrote: 26 Jan 2017, 13:26 Newport County have been the most active Club with 11 players moving in and out including loans this month.

I have always had a high regard for Graham Westley.
I hope the Westley remark is a joke?

The bloke isnt all there at all!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Aarran Racine and Jared Hodgkiss are both experienced journeymen and will be a tremendous asset, both ex-captains so good leadership qualities and not afraid to voice the opinion on field. They wont set the world alight but will be solid and provide a good backbone to the side. Teams will not find it easy to break our defence down now. Still very concerned about are attacking options, hopefully we will secure a tried and tested centre forward plus give Williams a run of games (or just get rid) its becoming embarrassing having a goal scoring journeymen on the sub bench when on the field of play we cant get a shot on target..
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Good that both are ex captains and have leadership qualities. We seriously lack voices on the pitch so this is a good thing.

Young back and maybe a starting place for Williams. Perhaps we start to claw a few results. I might go on Saturday now.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I know I am going to be absolutely hammered for this suggestion but for Saturday only why don't we play Ben Gerring as a target man center forward.

He has scored a few goals with headers and is a big strong lad and could get on the end of crosses from Sparky and Fitz.

If Nicho cannot bring in a target man tomorrow it might be worth a try because we have no one else for this important role now Bliss has gone.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Maybe as a sub at CF for Gerring - if we need something at the end of the game.

Racine seems a good signing but surprised we beat York to him as well - if he did well there. !Wonder what Andy thinks?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Rob I do not know Graham Westley but in 20 years as a Manager ( 881 games) his win % exceeds 46% .

That is all I know but I guess you know better.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Portugull - not as crazy as it sounds. If he can hold the ball up for 3 sec for team to move up as a unit then he can be no worse than Emile Heskey (and he won 62 England cap). Maybe we should just go get big Emile he was released by Bolton last season, he might enjoy a few months down on the sunshine coast.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

MellowYellow wrote: 26 Jan 2017, 20:08 Portugull - not as crazy as it sounds. If he can hold the ball up for 3 sec for team to move up as a unit then he can be no worse than Emile Heskey (and he won 62 England cap). Maybe we should just go get big Emile he was released by Bolton last season, he might enjoy a few months down on the sunshine coast.
Thought he'd already played in Australia..... :} :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

portugull wrote: 26 Jan 2017, 20:07 Rob I do not know Graham Westley but in 20 years as a Manager ( 881 games) his win % exceeds 46% .

That is all I know but I guess you know better.
I think rob thinks he's a bit of a c*ck.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Dazza wrote: 26 Jan 2017, 20:07 Maybe as a sub at CF for Gerring - if we need something at the end of the game.

Racine seems a good signing but surprised we beat York to him as well - if he did well there. !Wonder what Andy thinks?
Racine played five games for York scoring their only (winning) goal at North Ferriby on Boxing Day before being recalled by Forest Green.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

We've been crying out for some experience on the pitch and these lads certainly give us that. Nice to have round pegs in round holes too.