New Owners

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Gulliball wrote: Stadium naming is £25k + VAT, shirt sponsor is £20k + VAT. The full list is there, including training ground and back of shirt, plus others.
I wonder why they don't say how much player sponsorship is. I emailed them the other day, haven't heard back yet. Bitched about it on twitter - as you do - and the Inside Plainmoor account said they'd get back to me today. I'd guess it's probably about £300, but that's really just a guess.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

£300 home and away, £150 just for home or away I think. Rob has been speaking to the club regarding this as Highway to Hele are sponsoring a player (see thread on here) and I think those are the prices.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Gulliball wrote:£300 home and away, £150 just for home or away I think. Rob has been speaking to the club regarding this as Highway to Hele are sponsoring a player (see thread on here) and I think those are the prices.
Yeah, I saw that. I just figured that sponsoring a player myself is a good way for me to support the club since I don't get to many games any more. Still - if they don't get back to me I won't bother :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

If Rob sees this first then he might be able to confirm, but I'm 99% sure those are the figures he mentioned.

I agree - player sponsorship is a great idea for exiled Gulls to contribute. I hope they get back to you!
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Interesting programme (File on Four) on BBC Radio 4 yesterday. While this looks at the bigger higher-profile clubs in the country, the lesson is no less appropriate for smaller clubs, who would be well-advised to thoroughly check on any company seeking to invest or to sponsor. Good to know our club is aware of the necessity for due diligence in the case of potential new owners. But it seems this should also apply to potential sponsors: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07cx2rt
(Also on Sunday 5 June 5pm Radio 4).
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Season ticket purchased for next year, apparently 850 have now been sold.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Still no response from the so-called commercial department. Pretty crap, really.

I did throw a few quid at the Highway to Hele thing though

SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Gulliball wrote:Rich, if you go to the official site and click on the sponsorship article, and click through to the link in that article, all the available sponsorships are on that page.

Stadium naming is £25k + VAT, shirt sponsor is £20k + VAT. The full list is there, including training ground and back of shirt, plus others.

These are big sums of money, figures that would make a big hole (or big increase if we sell more than budgeted) in the budget. Not selling £20 000+ of revenue just to pay less tax would make no sense and potentially ruin our budget.
How would they even sell the training ground naming rights? It's Torquay Academy's 3G pitch and whatever local coastal path they decide to run the poor buggers up and down. Wonder how much the shirt sponsorship was worth back when we actually got on BBC1 for 2 minutes every week in front of post pub boozed up dads.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Interesting that we've sold so many ST's but still have no intention of renewing mine. Prefer to pay occasional visits from now on rather than have a commitment.

Funny thing is, even if we have a brilliant season next year, I still won't feel moved to attend more often. I hate what this club has done to me over the past few years and watching games at other clubs probably hasn't helped as it's opened my eyes to what a poor deal we get.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Gulls fan

Post by Gulls fan »

Burnhamgull wrote:Interesting that we've sold so many ST's but still have no intention of renewing mine. Prefer to pay occasional visits from now on rather than have a commitment.

Funny thing is, even if we have a brilliant season next year, I still won't feel moved to attend more often. I hate what this club has done to me over the past few years and watching games at other clubs probably hasn't helped as it's opened my eyes to what a poor deal we get.
you don't sound like much of a fan BG
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Burnhamgull wrote:Interesting that we've sold so many ST's but still have no intention of renewing mine. Prefer to pay occasional visits from now on rather than have a commitment.

I kind of identify with Burnhamgull's sentiments a bit. But the problem I have with watching other teams is the lack of feeling I have for them. The reason I watched Torquay back gods knows when was simply because they were the local professional football team, not because of what TUFC was or stood for. When I was at school I went with a couple of mates, one was a spurs supporter the other supported arsenal, I supported mufc. All of us would rather have been watching our respective 'big clubs' but there it is. The thing is this began my attachment to TUFC. I have been up to Exeter city on several occasions and can see it is a better club, but I do not feel any sense of attachment towards them because I lack the memories that go with watching football at Plainmoor when I was younger.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Gulls fan wrote: you don't sound like much of a fan BG
Still a fan, just not got the interest to attend that I once had.

Putting a few other things first from now on.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: I kind of identify with Burnhamgull's sentiments a bit. But the problem I have with watching other teams is the lack of feeling I have for them. The reason I watched Torquay back gods knows when was simply because they were the local professional football team, not because of what TUFC was or stood for. When I was at school I went with a couple of mates, one was a spurs supporter the other supported arsenal, I supported mufc. All of us would rather have been watching our respective 'big clubs' but there it is. The thing is this began my attachment to TUFC. I have been up to Exeter city on several occasions and can see it is a better club, but I do not feel any sense of attachment towards them because I lack the memories that go with watching football at Plainmoor when I was younger.
I'm the same, I started going regularly at the back end of the 80's and still remember the night Steve Bull struck twice to, as we feared, deny us a trip to Wembley. Mark Loram obviously had other ideas.

I'll always have the attachment to Torquay but can enjoy watching football elsewhere without the emotional ties it involves.

Good to see the ST sales have gone well though.

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Is it good though?

What happens if GI pull out because they get nowhere with the council and the board find out they've suddenly given two thirds of the fanbase half price entry for the whole season ? The breakeven average crowd will be considerably higher than it was last season. I'm worried for the clubs future here, we're going to be in serious trouble unless we hit the ground running or find investment from somewhere.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Southampton Gull wrote:Is it good though?

What happens if GI pull out because they get nowhere with the council and the board find out they've suddenly given two thirds of the fanbase half price entry for the whole season ? The breakeven average crowd will be considerably higher than it was last season. I'm worried for the clubs future here, we're going to be in serious trouble unless we hit the ground running or find investment from somewhere.
I agree Dave. The deal is very reminiscent of the one offered in our first season in the Conference when, despite having a good season, playoffs plus Trophy final at Wembley, the Club lost, I think, something like £750K.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!