Kevin Nicholson - 3 year contract

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Kevin Nicholson - 3 year contract

Post by samuel »

BTPIR announcing he has been given a 3 year contract. I would be very happy with this. :clap:
Oh Fer Christ Sake
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courteney Richards

Post by Oh Fer Christ Sake »

Annoyingly, we are therefore forced to assume that someone on that Godforsaken site can actually read. In a stroke doubling the average IQ in that place.

It's reported properly on the BBC, Twitter and the OS.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

samuel wrote:BTPIR announcing he has been given a 3 year contract. I would be very happy with this. :clap:
Hell Sam try to keep up! ;-)

It was reported on this site at 1143 and on BTPR about an hour later.

Nothing on TFF until you posted it 8 minutes ago.

Not that it matters. Quite a few of us read all 3 forums. Hell of a lot of forums for such a small club! ;-)
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 98134.aspx

All signed,

Right the idea of the £200 season ticket is back on!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Article on the OS also states "he will also have an increased playing budget for next season"

Good news all round! Now let's get some players signed up
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

I'd say well done, but it's the right decision.

Chuffed to have Kev signed up for 3 years, now let's get onto MacDonald, Butler, Blissett, Young, Racchi, Smith etc & who better to do this than Nicho.

Thought the news of Steve Breed's departure was lacking a bit of class. No thank you & one sentence, after some yellowfest drivel. Thanks for your efforts at TUFC SB!
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Great news, although the length of the contract is a bit of a surprise!

Not meaning to put a downer on it, but isn't this a bit cart before the horse with regards the change of ownership? I assume the appointment has the approval of the new regime but who knows? It could turn out to be a similar situation to the Leroy Rosenior debacle.....
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

Great news but does anybody sense that the takeover talks may have stalled? On Kevs FB page he talks about the need for new investment and sponsorship. Dave Phillips also mentioned that there should be an announcement before the end of May. Reading between the lines it sounds like this deal is far from done....
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

SatNav wrote:Great news but does anybody sense that the takeover talks may have stalled? On Kevs FB page he talks about the need for new investment and sponsorship.
New investment would be the new owners, right? Maybe it's a coded way for Nicholson to say "you gits better support me"
SatNav wrote: Dave Phillips also mentioned that there should be an announcement before the end of May. Reading between the lines it sounds like this deal is far from done....
It's May 6th.

I dunno, maybe you're reading too much into things :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Well he has lasted longer than 10 minutes ..... hope this contract is sound with new owners ...
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

westyorkshiregull wrote:Well he has lasted longer than 10 minutes ..... hope this contract is sound with new owners ...
Does anyone seriously think that the current board would have made such a decision knowing that they are going to hand over the reins WITHOUT consulting the new owners?
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: Does anyone seriously think that the current board would have made such a decision knowing that they are going to hand over the reins WITHOUT consulting the new owners?
It could be that the current board have moved to make sure he does stay and make it hard for the new regime to replace him. If so its a clever tactic cos they won't like having to pay off a three year contract
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Plainmoor78 wrote:Does anyone seriously think that the current board would have made such a decision knowing that they are going to hand over the reins WITHOUT consulting the new owners?
I'd like to think not but seeing as we've just gone from "news coming this week" to "hearing something positive by the end of May", who knows? Why the delay?

Certainly, if the deal falls through the current owners will need a contingency plan. Is that what we are seeing?

I don't have any insider knowledge but it doesn't look as cut and dried as others are making out. If people know why there is now a delay, please share.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Seriously, a bloody 3 year contract! Have they learnt nothing from the mistakes of the previous board, after Hargreaves I never thought we would see anything like this again. Nicholson eventually did his job and fulfilled his remit but a lot of you have got so carried away. The way some have carried on here I am surprised you havent asked for an open top bus parade to celebrate Nicholsons "achievement" of finishing 18th.

I surely hope there is a set amount of some sort of pay off clause if things arent working out, if we are going tits up by Christmas then God help us if we have to pay up 2 and a half years.

I cant believe this club sometimes. :no:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

First of all, I'm pleased the club have offered Kevin a new contract as it provides a bit of stability after what was a turbulent season.

However......3 years? A tad generous I feel and perhaps a 2 year contract would have been more than enough. Secondly, the comments regarding ownership and the need for more investement shows that this proposed takeover is nowhere near complete yet, unless the board are trying to taper excitement and quash the daily rumour mill. Third and finally, I think it was a shame that Steve Breed didn't get more than a short sentence to confirm termination of his role.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.