Harrop

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Harrop

Post by Southampton Gull »

Despite Nicholson proving the doubters wrong it will soon be confirmed that Harrop will take over as Manager.

His close links to the new owner make his deluded ambitions a serious reality. If we don't let our thoughts on that become loud and clear we could be in trouble. He even has a backup plan to become DOF which Nicholson will obviously view with horror. Make no mistake that this is seriously about to happen.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

This is the news which we have all been dreading, horrendous decision!!
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Oh no, please tell me it's not true.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Oh no, please tell me it's not true.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Big mistake, very big mistake. I don't know what else the fans can do other than give our views on social media like this. We turn a corner and then slam head first into a brick wall.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

What can we do to stop this?
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

how can the new board think this is even a remotely good idea? did the 2800 fans on Saturday not make enough noise in praise of Nicho? Gaming International have a big black mark over them and they have not even taken over yet, sign of things to come? god help us.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I for one will be keeping hold of my season ticket money In my pocket if this is the case. Why bulldoze all of the progress that Kev has made!? He fully deserves our backing, and I hope we can make some noise about this as a fan base.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Jeff wrote:What can we do to stop this?
Possibly 3 things:

Protest after our last game
Write to the Herald and Board
Vote with your cash
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm expecting to see it unfold that Harrop first installs himself as dof, a low budget being set and Nicholson finding his position untenable allowing Harrop to step into the role.

The budget I've heard mentioned will undo all the hard work put in during this season.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

Was just going to find out how to buy a season ticket. If this is true then forget it.

I doubt that posting on this forum will do anything. An email campaign to the club MIGHT make them think again although again I doubt that too. Doing nothing does not appear to be an option though
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

This beggars belief. Are these people aware of what has happened since Feb. I know haarrop has been down watching recently. If he really has any love for our club he must know this is wrong.

Please Mr Phillips and MrBreed as much as we need the investment surely you need to try very hard to persuade the new owners that this will go down terribly with the support.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

How about not selling the club to these people? The deal isn't done yet. If we are owned by supporters who want the best for the club then why are they are just about to sell us to people interested in the ground, and as this decision proves, have 0% interest in the club.

Sell to someone else, anyone else. Let the fans have a go at raising funds, even keep it yourself and make our budget the smallest in the league so it doesn't lose money. ANYTHING is better than this. Once we are sold to property developers control is lost and we're uncertain of even having a long term future.

There is no point 'saving the club' to sell it to property developers 12 months later. The best way to avoid this is to act now and NOT SELL it to them.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Southampton Gull wrote:Despite Nicholson proving the doubters wrong it will soon be confirmed that Harrop will take over as Manager.

His close links to the new owner make his deluded ambitions a serious reality. If we don't let our thoughts on that become loud and clear we could be in trouble. He even has a backup plan to become DOF which Nicholson will obviously view with horror. Make no mistake that this is seriously about to happen.
When do you expect this to be made public, SG?
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

do we know this for sure Dave? As understand it he has no intention of being manager, just becoming the youth system coach.