Fan behaviour to cost next season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Far and away the best thing to do is to BAN anyone under 40. Leave it to us old codgers!
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

wivelgull wrote:Far and away the best thing to do is to BAN anyone under 40. Leave it to us old codgers!
Didn't realise you were old, Wivel, you should have mentioned it! ;-)
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

I know we've been warned and it IS illegal but a three year ban for going on the pitch? Really??? Shame they couldn't have banned half of the players who went on the pitch for us in the first half of the season...
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Yes, some of them were merely spectators!

Or ban the players who came into the crowd on Saturday (what's sauce for the goose....)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I have limited understanding of how the safety advisory group works, and it's make up as listed in the green guide for stadium safety. If the police are pushing for greater presence at our games next season, I can only imagine they've got a huge short fall in their budget and are looking for ways to make this shortfall up, total and utter overkill.

For me personally and yes I know, I'm not the only one, but as kid back in the late 1970's and early 1980's attending Torquay match's, and then on to my youth in the late 1980's not just going to Torquay games , but often going with friends to see some of the biggest teams in the country, that was and era in English football when attending match's wasn't the most pleasant experience, in my time I've seen some real shocking events at football.

I'm aware of a small group of fans that go to our games and know who they are , and I don't condone such behaviour, but please lets not turn this into something more than it is, I've seen nothing at any Torquay game home or away this season to justify an increased police presence.
Formerly known as forevertufc
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

forevertufc can you define the type of behaviour which has resulted in complaints from the public and has brought our Club into disrepute?

Although I sit in Bristows Bench I have not witnessed any bad behaviour either inside or outside the ground this season.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

what prompted all this.. I heard nothing of crowd trouble anywhere. so where is this all coming from and what was the incident?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Apologies, can see my reply was a tad confusing, I didn't go to Bromley so no idea what's happened there at all. What I meant separate from anything involving TUFC fans , is I do not condone anyone who goes to football with the sole intention to either damage property, or to pick fights with others.

There is group of young lads that follow Torquay around, but lets be clear, these lads behave no differently to any other group teenagers, they're loud, lots of high-jinx, banter, and they will stand up for themselves, as we all did at that age.

The real point I was trying to make, if you compare going to football through the late 1970's right through the 1980's to the current day, the difference is night and day, going to football is so safe now.

And to repeat been to every home match, and being honest only 2 away games pretty much the same as every season, seriously I've seen nothing to worry about or cause any concern that or club has a serious developing hooligan element over the last few season, this is really over the top, and I've seen written elsewhere have Cheltenham slapped 3 year bans on the 1000 fans who entered the pitch at Whaddon road last week, well of course they haven't.
Formerly known as forevertufc
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

forevertufc wrote:I have limited understanding of how the safety advisory group works, and it's make up as listed in the green guide for stadium safety. If the police are pushing for greater presence at our games next season, I can only imagine they've got a huge short fall in their budget and are looking for ways to make this shortfall up, total and utter overkill.

For me personally and yes I know, I'm not the only one, but as kid back in the late 1970's and early 1980's attending Torquay match's, and then on to my youth in the late 1980's not just going to Torquay games , but often going with friends to see some of the biggest teams in the country, that was and era in English football when attending match's wasn't the most pleasant experience, in my time I've seen some real shocking events at football.

I'm aware of a small group of fans that go to our games and know who they are , and I don't condone such behaviour, but please lets not turn this into something more than it is, I've seen nothing at any Torquay game home or away this season to justify an increased police presence.
Well said. This looks to be a cynical attempt to make money by the police. I wouldn't trust the Torbay Safety Advisory group to make a sensible decision on policing an over 80s 1 mile walk. There is no trouble at Plainmoor, talk of even more security is utter madness.
rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bodin

Post by rooster »

As a former Police Officer of 30 years and recently retired I can assure you that to suggest its a cynical attempt to make money by the Police is total rubbish. Any charges are used to provide the additional resources required that wouldn't normally be available.........
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

rooster wrote:As a former Police Officer of 30 years and recently retired I can assure you that to suggest its a cynical attempt to make money by the Police is total rubbish. Any charges are used to provide the additional resources required that wouldn't normally be available.........
Is that another way of saying a nice bit of overtime for the local police?
TUST No 278
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

rooster wrote:As a former Police Officer of 30 years and recently retired I can assure you that to suggest its a cynical attempt to make money by the Police is total rubbish. Any charges are used to provide the additional resources required that wouldn't normally be available.........
So the fee given to TUFC will be the cost price of all the resources required and nothing extra on top?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

cambgull wrote: So the fee given to TUFC will be the cost price of all the resources required and nothing extra on top?
Why would you assume any different? Have we become that cynical?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

As an accountant of 29 years (sadly not retired yet, although I wish I was), I can assure you that public bodies DO always charge more than the cost incurred by them for providing extra services. The amount charged for central overhead recovery (i.e. extra income Into the central pot, not matched by additional spending) is normally at least 50% of the total charge, often significantly higher. This means that if Torquay are charged, say, £5000 for policing, the actual cost to the police force of overtime etc is likely to be £2500 or less. And the overtime rate ain't cheap. That's why I said what I said.