Fun match April 30th Plainmoor

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
zebgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Fun match April 30th Plainmoor

Post by zebgull »

If anyone is interested, I am a Torquay fan and have hired Plainmoor on Saturday April 30th for a lunchtime match. We nearly have 2 full sides but could do with a few more - perhaps 3 or 4 players - as we are going to need a fairly large squad as some of us want to only make sub appearances due to age and fitness! If anyone would like to play, please message me back. We are asking for a (modest) donation per player towards ground hire, ref and kits etc, if we have any kitty left over we will donate it 50/50 between the club and local charity (and perhaps a bar tab!). We have an age range of 15-60 but most of us are 40s, some fit some not, some ex Sunday League players, some not. No silly tackles as it's a fun event!
We could particularly do with a centre back, a striker, a goalie, and a full back, but any position welcome to drop me a line...especially if you went to Churston Grammar!
Thanks....
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Have you seen the long range weather forecast for the end of April?!!! Bring snorkels! ;-)
markypoos77
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by markypoos77 »

Id be interested. That day is my birthday. I'm currently living in Cardiff but originally from sampford perverell so will probably be back home that weekend. I'll be 31 and play anywhere across the back but preferably centre back.
JamesTUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by JamesTUFC »

I could give a good go at striker if this is open to anyone. I have played for my school team for quite a while. I'll bring some wellies! I do go Churston Grammar currently.
Last edited by JamesTUFC on 27 Feb 2016, 15:19, edited 2 times in total.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Yes please. Help me fulfill lifelong ambition to play at plainmoor.

Fat n fifty, full back

Les

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Hi, if you still need somebody to make up the numbers I would be eternally grateful to be considered. As previous poster says, playing on the hallowed Plainmoor turf would fulfill a lifetime dream. I missed my chance when with TUFC u16's.

I shall be 41 two days before the game so it would be nice to flex the skills once more as well as seeing if I am still capable.

I have lost 12.5 stone in the last 2 years (not so chunky anymore) and my fitness levels are coming up quite well so this would be a good test and a little reward. I'm probably fitter now than I was in my early 20's.

Ideally I used to play centre/right midfield but could play further forward. I will play wherever you choose to put me, except in goal as I am too short.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

I'd love to play, get me up front. I'm the next Sean finch :lol: I'll pm you my mobile number :)
zebgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by zebgull »

Thanks everyone for your replies!
I'll message you all individually in the next few days but Mark, James, Les, Chunkygull and Bleeper I'l put you all down as it's first come first served. Although a couple more squad players would be good too especially a keeper. It's actually my stag event so I'll send you a link to our homepage and you can see what it's all about. If you're super keen you can book yourself in through the website and you'll be guaranteed a start, kit etc, but I don't want people to have to pay up front when they don't know us, so I'm happy to buy a few spare kits and have you turning up on the day and contributing a little something (I'll let you know how much in my message), in which case I'll confirm with you a few weeks beforehand once we know exact numbers - and likewise please let me know if you can no longer play so we don't end up short.It should be great fun we hope!
We are hoping there may be a couple of 'special guests' at the game :)
In particular Mark it would be great to have you playing on your birthday, that would be a fun addition! Plus we do need a centre back!
Also James it would be great to have a current Churstonite, I was there in the 80s (that ages me!) and my father taught at Churston for many years.
Will be in touch and thanks very much for replying!
Chris
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Forest gull wrote:Yes please. Help me fulfill lifelong ambition to play at plainmoor.

Fat n fifty, full back

Les

OH COME ON KEV!
You get more than enough games than you shouldn't really be playing in now don't you?
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

dammit, I'm going to be England April 1st- 15th. That's a shame.

And I went to CGS!

I remember they did a charity game at plainmoor for a few years in the early naughts, (i think). Never was able to play in that but I'd live to play at plainmoor one day.

Maybe next year :(
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I'd be interested!

My footballing CV highlight is recently hitting the crossbar twice in the crossbar challenge at the game V Macclesfield.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Thanks for reply and your pm Zebgull. Well excited. Looks like chunky finally gets to strut his stuff and grace the hallowed Plainmoor turf, 20 odd years later than it should have been but better late than never.

Will pm in the next few days with details you need in the next few days.

Yes I did say 12.5 stone, I'm not proud of it, I'm furious at myself for getting so big in the first place, its took far too much time and effort to put things right but it has made me fitter plus physically and mentally stronger.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

chunkygull wrote: Yes I did say 12.5 stone, I'm not proud of it, I'm furious at myself for getting so big in the first place, its took far too much time and effort to put things right but it has made me fitter plus physically and mentally stronger.
Congratulations on losing the weight, don't beat yourself to much on the past however, so are you going to change your username now ? :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Thanks Forever, Na, Im going to keep it, I quite like it and its a reminder of what I was along with the majorly fat pic I still have stuck on the fridge. Anyway if the strength training I have been doing has any results hopefully chunkygull will still be apt but in a good way. :)
zebgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by zebgull »

Chunkygull that's seriously impressive, you should be very proud of that! Looking forward to having you playing along side us!
To you, Craig and James: Send me a pm as soon as you get the chance as I'm trying to sort out line-ups over the next couple of days before ordering the kits, just an idea of fitness/standard/height/age etc will help me get two balanced sides...we're nearly there...can't wait!