The European Union: We're out...!!!

General chat about anything else goes here.

The European Union: In or Out?

Poll ended at 07 Aug 2016, 15:29

1. The UK should stay in the EU.
30%
2. The UK should leave the EU.
70%

Total votes: 335

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Plainmoor78 and S4fedrive, this is absolute bollocks. It was the Remain campaign that twisted the truth, accusing Brexiters of not keeping their 'promises' when they made no promises, no commitments, since they were not in Government and not in a position to make any. 'Leave' merely pointed out the possibilities for the country if we left the EU. The Remainers never told you the truth. Indeed, they resorted to dirty tricks such as using taxpayers money to send pro-EU propaganda to every household, extending the deadline for electors' registration in the belief that more young pro-EU voters would register, and engaging in 'project fear' including the major financial institutions, bankers and business people with their vested interests.

'Remain's negative campaign of fear focussed on the economy, ignoring the facts: The EU is a failed and doomed project, its economy has failed, it has the highest unemployment rates, its currency has failed, and it has brought demographic chaos upon itself. It has not even maintained peace in Europe - NATO did that - the EU failed in the war in Serbia, Bosnia, etc. and provoked Russian involvement in Ukraine. The EU was always a political project aiming for eventual union in a totalitarian European-wide super-state, its leaders lying to the peoples of Europe from the very beginning, and plotting with global corporations and capital behind closed doors.

Once the immediate volatility (caused by speculators, not Brexit: the Government has not even begun the process of leaving the EU yet) is over, investors and business will begin to see the opportunities opening up for the UK worldwide. As Daniel Hannan pointed out, immigration is not going to be stopped or even reduced immediately upon leaving the EU. But we shall be in control of immigration and of our own borders; we shall control the rate of immigration to keep it consistent with the development of our infrastructure, schools, housing, health. We shall regain our sovereignty and remain a democratic nation. We shall control our own laws, and make our own trade deals. This is what every other country in the world does outside the EU. Other nations and trading blocks worldwide don't require free movement of labour, nor political union and loss of sovereignty. Why should it be different in Europe?

On the three crucial issues of the economy, sovereignty/democracy, and immigration, the case for leaving the EU is overwhelming.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-new ... -tax-hikes
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tu ... ng-7511809
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/04/th ... ll-before/
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06 ... -time-low/
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Brilliant post Gullscorer, very well sums it up, as does many of Forevertufc and Scott Brehaut's posts on the matter. I wish more people would read things properly and see it that way. Lots of media manipulation and hysteria being whipped up, dont they see that by constantly talking Britain down and being negative that helps cause a downturn, the markets are always up and down but you only hear much when its negative For a while last week the pound and the markets were up preBrexit. The pound is actually higher this summer than it was a couple of years back, not much under last summer, so those bitching about their holidays need to chill. Democracy, world trade, governing ourselves, controlled immigration and getting out of a corrupt, bloated, bureaucratic, failing dictatorship is much more important than having an extra couple of quid to spend on your holiday. Which is all quite a few people interviewed seem to be bothered about.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Hello Gullscorer

That's your opinion and that's fine and time will tell. But as I have said before the time will come like any new government taking over from the previous regime where you won't be able to blame the other side for the mess we find ourselves in.

Regards

M
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We won't need to blame "the other side" but we will be able to start blaming our own government and take them to task. No chance of doing that as part of the EU.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Cracker Pat shoves it up the sh*tter of Remainiac Remainians:

:clap:

:bow:

:engflag:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

That bloke is awesome! Is it too late to get him in the leadership campaign and shoehorn him in to be PM?
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Teresa May wants to delay the start of Brexit negotiations with the EU; but she cannot be trusted to get the best deal for the UK. She is a Remainer, but her behaviour during the referendum campaign suggested she is interested only in her personal career advancement.

Andrea Leadsom is right: the Government must invoke Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty immediately. There must be no more negotiation with the EU, no compromise, no deals, until we are out of the EU. And we must leave the EU now. (Not that I trust Leadsom any more than I do May).

Even with no immediate EU trade deal we would be better off with WTO tariffs applied. Another two and a half years of uncertainty and uncontrolled immigration would encourage thousands more immigrants to take advantage of that window of time and overwhelm the country's ability to cope, which it can hardly do even now.

An immediate exit with no deal would end all uncertainty and allow the world to plan accordingly. Any subsequent trade deal with the EU single market (which exporters in Germany, France, etc., would be only too happy to have) as opposed to us being a member of the single market, would be a worldwide bonus for all concerned.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/687521 ... ost-Brexit
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I actually agree with you about delaying tactics adding uncertainty to any future outcome, but after Article 50 is triggered there is still a period of at least two years before the uk exits the eu. By the way don't worry about May, the tory membership generally favours the right winger, just as the lemmings in the labour party favour favour the lefties.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This is just some of the gutter nonsense we've been treated to since the vote.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... munna.html

http://www.nottinghampost.com/soubry-sa ... story.html

Blinding pig ignorance. Might I suggest that MP's including these two , remove their heads from how far they are stuck up their own arses, get out there, talk to real people, find out and confront the real "genuine" issues that are effecting peoples daily lives, and I don't just mean going 5 miles from their London swank pads either.

And these idiots wonder just why 17 million people voted leave, they just don't get it, and never will.
Formerly known as forevertufc
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

forevertufc wrote:This is just some of the gutter nonsense we've been treated to since the vote.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... munna.html

http://www.nottinghampost.com/soubry-sa ... story.html

Blinding pig ignorance. Might I suggest that MP's including these two , remove their heads from how far they are stuck up their own arses, get out there, talk to real people, find out and confront the real "genuine" issues that are effecting peoples daily lives, and I don't just mean going 5 miles from their London swank pads either.

And these idiots wonder just why 17 million people voted leave, they just don't get it, and never will.
I can't be bothered to even open the links Dave. You have clearly made up your mind and nothing will change that. I think the arson attack on the house of a Polish family in Plymouth accompanied by a letter stating 'go home now or your family are next' is 'pig ignorance' You clearly think that the 'pig ignorant' are those that voted so that would not happen. Well up to you - you made your bed so you have to remain in it. I expect the woman hating **** will be on next to defend your point of view. Who cares? - it's all past saving!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I would almost agree with the last bit, we have sold ourselves down the river but while there is fight left in me I will do anything I can to keep telling it how it is. These elitists have all the power of the "law" behind them but the ignorant are beginning to wake up................................
Dave

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

stefano wrote: I can't be bothered to even open the links Dave. You have clearly made up your mind and nothing will change that. I think the arson attack on the house of a Polish family in Plymouth accompanied by a letter stating 'go home now or your family are next' is 'pig ignorance' You clearly think that the 'pig ignorant' are those that voted so that would not happen. Well up to you - you made your bed so you have to remain in it. I expect the woman hating tw*t will be on next to defend your point of view. Who cares? - it's all past saving!
Just a point of order here Steff. How do you know what I'm referring to as pig ignorance if you've not opened and read the links ? rather than just reading the headlines on the links.

It's all relevant, no, it really is. These attacks are beyond disgusting, and of course I condemn such acts, but shouldn't need to say that, with me it goes with out saying.

As a general meant for all.

The biggest problem is, we have so many in the political and business establishment, with their eyes firmly shut, they don't want to see, and their ears firmly closed, they don't want to hear. Until politicians get off their collective lazy behinds, and stop spouting shit about people voting and not understanding anything because their to thick to use the internet, come on, really ? and start addressing real people, and their problems, these attacks will not go away, they'll get worse.

There are so many utterly deluded people in this country it's quite scary. Really there are people in this country who actually believe that the political establishment and big business actually really do care about their wealth, working rights, social justice and that's why they want us to stay in the EU, because they care about us, I mean just how dumb can the people collectively, be.

There are politicians who want to stay in the EU, who have a big fat EU pension waiting for them, they're getting rich of the back of the EU also, big business is getting richer by the minute of the back of the EU, there are financial institutions and quangos that want us to stay in the EU, why, because there either funded or partly funded by the EU, ever wondered why the BBC coverage on this issue is so one sided, oh of course the BBC wouldn't be getting £71,000 a day I believe from the EU, would it.

Along with other media outlets who receive EU funding, no wonder they're whipping such a shit storm of scare and frenzy over Brexit, and need to take a large part of the blame for the attacks that are taking place.

Seriously WAKE UP, these people do not give a flying **** for your health and wealth, they don't give a flying **** for you, me and the person that lives next door, it's all about their own self interest.

The EU is a tool that's being used to keep you poor, keep you in your place. Look at Greece, the Greek people have no chance now, what so ever of escaping poverty for at least 10 years thanks to the all caring and sharing EU, take a look at youth unemployment figures across the EU, take a look at the banking crisis, ad there is no end to the financial woes of some EU member states, take a look at how your wage packet has been compressed over the last 10 years.

And some people want to stay linked to these fruit cakes, I'm sure one day I'll understand the reasoning, any how time to end my little rant, been on N/shift and really need to go to sleep now. night, night :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Forever that link to the daily mail is from two years ago and has nothing to do with the referendum. It is about social and economic exclusion.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Frrom a Labour leave facebook page, says a lot!
brexit_snobbery.jpg
Money-obsessed and anti-working class – the liberal left has revealed its ugly side

Those on the liberal left have always prided themselves on being more caring and compassionate than conservatives. People on the right, they insist, are narrow-minded and selfish, beholden to vested interests. They only care about money and themselves. They are bad people.

This is one of the most persistent myths of modern times. I’ve never believed it. Selfishness transcends politics. Those on the left are just as given as conservatives to self-interest, bigotry and dislike of people different to themselves. And, my word, over the past couple of weeks, following Britain’s vote to leave the UK, haven’t we seen just how. The illusion of the liberal-left’s inherent and exclusive capacity for compassion has truly been exploded.

Consider the recent March for Europe in London, to demand that the will of the people be revoked and that corporate-backed oligarchy be restored. Rich, metropolitan types have shamelessly complained about the result because their holidays in Europe will henceforth become more expensive. They fear for their second homes in Tuscany and the south of France. People have been saying this openly. The burghers of north London fear they might no longer get dirt-cheap nannies and au pairs from Eastern Europe. They fret about the staff on the sainted NHS, staff trained at the expense of poorer countries who we in the UK have since hired on the cheap. Corporate types fear for the future of immigrant workers, those magnificently exploited souls who live six to a room on three-month contracts being paid a minimum wage or less. Such outrageous displays of greed haven’t been witnessed since the heady days of Thatcherism.

Consider, too, the ceaseless insults hurled at the stupid, poor white people who voted to leave the EU. These are folk who struggle to maintain a first home, let alone a second – people who can barely afford to go on holiday at all. These are the fishermen, from Aberdeen to Hull to Ramsgate to Hastings to Cornwall, whose livelihoods have been devastated by the EU – the same fishermen taunted by Bob Geldof and his champagne-swilling chums. These are the people living in Peterborough and Boston who can’t get doctor’s appointments or find school places for their children because hospitals and schools are overwhelmed.

These are people whose small businesses have been ruined by Operation Stack in Kent, whereby lorries clog up the roads for miles, the result of Schengen Area free movement that has led to the mayhem in Calais. Consider those people in Wales who faced the daily, humiliating reminder that their economy was dependent on hand-outs from the EU. Consider, too, all these English people in Dover and Folkestone who know Poles and Latvians, not as cheap domestic staff but as neighbours, parents of their children’s schoolfriends, as equals. All these people slandered as vermin and racists.