FA Trophy Third Round - game now on 9/2/16

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Title changed to avoid confusion.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The long range forecast shows rain in Torquay on Monday which will scupper any chances of this game going ahead. Then a couple of fine days. Presumably we will have to cancel next Saturdays match to play the Trophy game?

Next weekends forecast is for rain on Friday-Monday at least which will lead to postponement of next saturdays home game and probably the re arranged game the following Tuesday.

A truly hopeless situation.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Just imagine if the money spent on Seale Hayne had been invested in a decent drainage system at Plainmoor.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote:The long range forecast shows rain in Torquay on Monday which will scupper any chances of this game going ahead. Then a couple of fine days. Presumably we will have to cancel next Saturdays match to play the Trophy game?

Next weekends forecast is for rain on Friday-Monday at least which will lead to postponement of next saturdays home game and probably the re arranged game the following Tuesday.

A truly hopeless situation.
I doubt very much a league game will be re-arranged to accommodate a trophy match. All it's doing is making our fixture list over the next 3 months a tiring and complex situation. It's very likely we could play this match on a Thursday after a Tuesday match. If I was nicho, I would see who our potential opponents are in the next round, draw Grimsby for example he has to put out a weakened side(if that's possible !) . The league is up most priority.
Lucy
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

Today's league game against Macclesfield Away was postponed to accommodate our Trophy cup game against Macclesfield Home. Are you with me so far ? As Brucie indicates, today's Cup match being postponed is quite likely to lead to other League games being re-arranged, especially if we end up drawing against Macca.....
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

taxilady wrote:Today's league game against Macclesfield Away was postponed to accommodate our Trophy cup game against Macclesfield Home. Are you with me so far ? As Brucie indicates, today's Cup match being postponed is quite likely to lead to other League games being re-arranged, especially if we end up drawing against Macca.....
I think your missing the point. A cup competition will have set dates for each round of progression, they are set and league matches for those set dates will be re-arranged. Re-plays have to be agreed by both clubs, it is rare to then cancel a SATURDAY fixture as Brucie stated to accommodate a trophy replay. Are you with me so far?
Lucy
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

rearranged for this Tuesday!

http://www.torquayunited.com//news/arti ... 43594.aspx

Looking at the forecast i dont see how!
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Trophy game now Tuesday evening!
Guess the Club haven't checked the forecast for the next 36 hours
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Bert. May I extend an invitation to join The Old Codgers Club. There are a few of us on here and seem to get along well although we have never met. With a name like Bert you have got to be one of us!
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Bert wrote:Trophy game now Tuesday evening!
Guess the Club haven't checked the forecast for the next 36 hours
This!

If the pitch wasn't playable Saturday morning I will be amazed how after constant rain Saturday, tonight and more forecast tomorrow they can get on.

Hats off to the groundsman if he pullls this one out the bag.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I'm wondering if they are duty bound to set the date for Tuesday, even if there is little chance of getting the game on.

The FA usually make daft rules and regulations - maybe this is one of them.

EDIT - juSt looked up the rules:
First matches which are Postponed or Abandoned
(i) When a first match has been postponed, or is abandoned before the completion of 90 minutes and neither Club being at fault, it shall be played on the same ground on or before the following Thursday.
Source: http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/pdf/ ... ashx?la=en

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Lucy - it is you who is missing the point - The game has to be played by next Thursday.

Added in 4 seconds:
Lucy - it is you who is missing the point - The game has to be played by next Thursday.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

So, if as seems likely the pitch is totally unplayable this week .what next??
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

The possibility of having to play at either Argyle or Exeter who no doubt having better drainage and better equipment??

Granted it will be peeing down there as well but might be able to cope with it better.