Torquay United v Braintree Tue-8th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

tomogull wrote:Is Andre Wright still with us? I thought his loan ran out after last week's FGR match and I haven't heard anything about the loan being extended. When is the cut-off time for signing players eligible to play tomorrow - is it 5 pm today? If Wright's loan isn't extended and/or we don't bring in an additional striker, we shall have a strike 'force' of Tyrone Marsh and ....... er, um, Sean Finch !! :'( Someone please tell me that I'm wrong about when Wright's loan finishes.

Loan ended, he's back with WBA and we're trying to get him back down here.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

They know that we don't have any reinforcements to come off the bench, so if they can keep it to 0-0 or even a 1 goal deficit, they'll make a couple of subs and beat us in the last 10 mins.
The gulls are going up
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Steve Breed says on BTPIR that the game is off.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

confirmed on a Twitter page too! good chance for us to get some reinforcements in for the next game!
The gulls are going up
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

PhilGull wrote:What happened to the drainage put in with the Bristow's money? I seem to remember bore-holes being drilled through the clay down to bedrock and filled with sand. This was supposed to fix the water logging issues.
Not a lot!

Game OFF!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Well, that news has made a crap weekend even worse. First the greasers, who throw money away like confetti, plead poverty and get more of it without ever having to pay anybody back, are on the box tonight, secondly, it's the third round of the FA Cup this weekend so all you will hear about it how the "big clubs" are now in the cup and how many shocks there are, when in reality none of the top five or six in the Premier League give two **** about the FA Cup anyway and will put out a weakened team, and NOW, there is nothing to take my mind off all this shit as Torquay have cancelled their match.

I'm going to have to talk to the wife now - bloody hell!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Aside from the lost revenue, this is a chance for KN to watch Welling v Grimsby and also get some additional names on the teamsheet before Tuesday.
Busy, busy, busy.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Bloggy wrote:Aside from the lost revenue, this is a chance for KN to watch Welling v Grimsby and also get some additional names on the teamsheet before Tuesday.
Busy, busy, busy.
........ and by the time the match is re-arranged in March or April, Waide Fairhurst might be fit ......... :whistle:
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

and Luke Young
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Brought this match thread back up as we now play Braintree this coming Tuesday, this match will certainly be a lot tougher as The Iron now sit 4th in the league and are pretty good form themselves, would be nice to keep the momentum up, and win in this match would put us in a very good position indeed.

Taking Braintree's league position and current form into account this match for me becomes a must not lose rather than a must win, need the fans again Tuesday though.

Braintree current form

Braintree: D-L-W-D-W-W

13 Feb Southport 1 - 1 Braintree
16 Feb Braintree 0 - 2 Boreham Wood
23 Feb Braintree 2 - 0 Halifax Town
27 Feb Guiseley 1 - 1 Braintree
1 Mar Braintree 2 - 1 Kidderminster
5 Mar Braintree 2 - 0 Eastleigh

Torquay united current form

Torquay United; L-L-W-W-W-W

23 Jan Torquay Utd 0 - 2 Gateshead
30 Jan Tranmere 2 - 1 Torquay Utd
20 Feb Boreham Wood 0 - 1 Torquay Utd
23 Feb Torquay Utd 2 - 0 Welling Utd
1 Mar Macclesfield 1 - 2 Torquay Utd
5 Mar Torquay Utd 3 - 2 Kidderminster
Formerly known as forevertufc
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Looking at the fixtures Altrincham, Halifax, Boreham Wood, Guiseley, Chester and Southport are all playing Tuesday as well.

Given our run of games, if results can be lucky enough to go our way perhaps this could be a non "must win"game?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

RussianGull wrote:A postponement could be a blessing, gives KN a bit more time to get some new players in and get everyone singing from the same hymn sheet..

Good post back in January ! We now seem to be 'singing from the same hymn sheet' and have got a better chance of getting something from this game on Tuesday night than we would have a couple of months ago.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Other important games Tuesday;

Altrincham v Gateshead
Barrow v Boreham Wood
Dover v Welling
Guiseley v Tranmere
Bromley v FC Halifax
Formerly known as forevertufc
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

I think that anything at all from this game should be treated as a bonus.

Like everyone I have been delighted with the attitude of the players in recent games and we have managed to get the results which is brilliant. However, Braintree are also on a decent run and the table doesn't lie. This is going to be a very difficult game and its quite possible that despite all their efforts the result will go the wrong way for us.

Looking ahead, there are other potentially more winnable games to come. If this is one to get away so be it. The season will not be won or lost on Tuesday.

Having said that.......... I will be on the pop side on Tuesday willing them on and lets make it 5 in a row !! A few years since that has happened.
COYY
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The league tables do lie, in the sense that they simply show the totals of all results over the season to date; but they do not indicate current or future form. Which is why it's always possible for surprising and unexpected results to occur. Yes, the table shows that Braintree are in a play-off position. But we've won four consecutive league games. Tuesday's game will be a real test of our current form; it's not going to be easy for us. But it will be a difficult game for Braintree too. Prepare to be pleasantly surprised. We're going to win!