What do you call a brace of Fishers? (signing news!)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

What do you call a brace of Fishers? (signing news!)

Post by ferrarilover »

United sign Grant Fisher, BAFC 'keeper and BALFC manager.

Lovely bloke, we've had him before and he's a pretty good keeper to boot.

I'm excited, are you?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This is being suggested on the S-D-L forum as well, if this turns out to be true, then thank gord for that, and did someone read my FGR match thread ? :)

Former Bideford keeper, and Grant Fisher is a licensed football coach as well I believe, not only manages Buckland ladies, but helps coach all Buckland's keepers, 1st,2nd and 3rd teams.
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

ferrarilover wrote:United sign Grant Fisher, BAFC 'keeper and BALFC manager.

Lovely bloke, we've had him before and he's a pretty good keeper to boot.

I'm excited, are you?

Matt.

If it's Bucklands Keeper I watch them and not impressed.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thing is Arcadia, as you know when the club only has a certain amount of money, then there's only a certain level of player the club can afford, is Grant Fisher the best option, probably not. Is Grant Fisher a much better option with in the budget than Corderoy , oh hell yes.
Yellow-Collins
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellow-Collins »

One Fisher swims in as the other Fisher swims out... just heard this from one of the lads
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

is someone having a laugh here? if its true then its another nail in the coffin!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I could kind of get the signing if Lavercombe was still our player but seeing as he has signed for Wigan and will receive his coaching with them then there is only the backup keeper role which needs filling?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Unless Lavercombe is not being loaned back, or the muted signing of Mildenhall is not going to happen, as Corderoy was only ever suggested as temporary cover, also now confirmed for me by Bucksfan on another site that Fisher is indeed qualified football coach, so his coaching skills could also be utilised, with the first team squad and maybe with the youngsters at the link up at TCC.
Yellow-Collins
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellow-Collins »

Wish I was, just spoke to one of the lads down town. Said he wanted out, but didn't go into reasons why
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Yellow-Collins wrote:Wish I was, just spoke to one of the lads down town. Said he wanted out, but didn't go into reasons why
I suspect all of them want out but where are they going to go? Most (Fisher included) have lost credibility from the level they were at when they signed so a move away is not likely to be a step up the ladder!
TUST member 328
Yellow-Collins
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellow-Collins »

That's true, and not a lot have been that impressive and would have lost credibility. However, if we are losing our highest goalscorer for the second time this season, (Hurst the first time), who do we replace him with and with what funds?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Yellow-Collins wrote:That's true, and not a lot have been that impressive and would have lost credibility. However, if we are losing our highest goalscorer for the second time this season, (Hurst the first time), who do we replace him with and with what funds?
IF! Has he left or found anywhere to go?!
TUST member 328
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote:Unless Lavercombe is not being loaned back, or the muted signing of Mildenhall is not going to happen, as Corderoy was only ever suggested as temporary cover, also now confirmed for me by Bucksfan on another site that Fisher is indeed qualified football coach, so his coaching skills could also be utilised, with the first team squad and maybe with the youngsters at the link up at TCC.
Like you said it could be as Keeper Coach.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well that is concern, as I know of another player, who will considered as one of the first names on the team sheet has played all season, and certainly not one of our lowest earners, who is believed to want out as well, the information came to me second hand, reason why I've not posted it and will not, but it did come from a member of the players family.