Torquay United v Chesham F.A.T- (Replay-TUE 15TH 7.45)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

What the hell has it come to? TUFC 0 Chesham 0
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

better get the cows ass and banjo ready along with the barn door.!
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Fans arguing between each other at the end and stewards having too step in.

The club is in a mess!!!!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html

Here is link, it's a joke.

Added in 1 minute 24 seconds:
And to cap things off, my BBC sports team app has just notified me that the match has been abandoned
Lucy
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

At what point have we looked like "turning the corner" as the manager says?? Must be the longest corner in history.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thing is Lucy, can we blame the club for poor communication, it wasn't the club that told us the game would be decided today, it was the Herald Express.
Formerly known as forevertufc
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

And who do you suppose told them ? It sums the whole place. Lucy is spot on, its a shambles from top to toe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well it wouldn't have been our club, the H/E have been guessing for some time over all things TUFC, and when there not guessing there taking stories from TU related forums. The HE have been proved to be very much pro wild Bill and his old board chums.

Like the training ground story, that's never been confirmed by our club, has anyone ever thought it might down to, our club to date has not officially left the training ground, yet.
Last edited by Dave on 13 Dec 2015, 17:27, edited 2 times in total.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

forevertufc wrote:Thing is Lucy, can we blame the club for poor communication, it wasn't the club that told us the game would be decided today, it was the Herald Express.
So no one associated with the club read what the HE wrote and said hold on a minute, that is wrong. I live in Wigan and managed to read it, so it beggars belief, no wonder it was confusion at the end. Forever, I ask you the question? Was you aware it was going extra time
Lucy
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Well that performance does not fill me with any confidence that we could hold our own in Nat South! :'( :'(
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

lucy6lucy wrote: So no one associated with the club read what the HE wrote and said hold on a minute, that is wrong. I live in Wigan and managed to read it, so it beggars belief, no wonder it was confusion at the end. Forever, I ask you the question? Was you aware it was going extra time
No I wasn't because I don't read the HE or listen to the bullshit podcasts, the first I was aware there would be a replay when someone at game posted on another site there would be as apparently it was announced before the game, so yes I do see in part what your saying, but don't believe everything you read in the local rag.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

forevertufc wrote: No I wasn't because I don't read the HE or listen to the bullshit podcasts, the first I was aware there would be a replay when someone at game posted on another site there would be as apparently it was announced before the game, so yes I do see in part what your saying, but don't believe everything you read in the local rag.
Not having a go at you, but the club should have clarified the situation, as it is very evident other fans read this as going reply. What the HE should do now, is provide free transport and admission for the replay for Torquay fans for what is very mis leading information. They won't, as they are not legally bound to, but it is another dagger in the back for Torquay fans. I just can't understand why the the club have not clarified the HE report, that's my frustration.
Lucy
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Forgetting the dismal-ness of the result for a second, any indication of when the replay will be? Chesham's not a million miles away from me.

Wikipedia says replays have to be played by the 18th - fingers crossed its Tuesday
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

The commentators said that the replay would be on Tuesday, I assume it is this Tuesday coming.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

Jeff wrote:Forgetting the dismal-ness of the result for a second, any indication of when the replay will be? Chesham's not a million miles away from me.

Wikipedia says replays have to be played by the 18th - fingers crossed its Tuesday
It is on Tuesday.