Barrow v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Frightening to hear Numpty Nico (is it too soon to give him that nickname?) say that "the lads gave their all".

If that is all they can give we are in the doo-doo.
Totnes_Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Totnes_Yellow »

gullintwoplaces wrote: Thanks! Not the worst, but almost. At least Forest Green & Eastleigh have been rewarded for dirty play.
Yeeah, although just noted that table doesn't include todays update yet...+ 20 points to our score...not sure if Eastleigh got cards today..
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Gloomy Gull wrote:Frightening to hear Numpty Nico (is it too soon to give him that nickname?) say that "the lads gave their all".

If that is all they can give we are in the doo-doo.
Enough to make me cry. I couldn't give a shit whether they "gave their all", I want a win.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

brucie wrote:Post Removed

So imaginative with your insults!

Please let me know who taught you them or did you think of them all by yourself? who's a clever boy!
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

"very, very happy with the lads giving their all"

4-0 defeat to barrow
1 win in 9
4 points adrift from safety

future looking bleak.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Totnes_Yellow wrote: Yeeah, although just noted that table doesn't include todays update yet...+ 20 points to our score...not sure if Eastleigh got cards today..
We'll soon be the dirtiest and worst team in the National League. Makes you really proud.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

arcadia wrote:It's no good blaming Nicholson you have got to go back to Cox, the system he employed and the players he brought in. Nicholson has improved the play and you can see we are weak in certain positions but if you've no money his hands are tied. The conditions today and the distance involved I thought it would be a tough game today.
Most supporters wanted Hargreaves out but no one knew the state the club was in and that includes the good lady who was supplying the money for the former directors to waste. If we want a club we've got to stick with it and hope Nicholson can get a few results to get us out of this mess. Conditions were against a young side today.
Cox may have **** us over but we were always competitive even if we did come up short. Losing 4-0 to Barrow and 3-0 at Basingstoke wouldn't have happened under Cox's watch because he is tactically a better manager than Nicholson and knows how to set up a side which is hard to beat. One win in nine is pathetic but not surprising because we appointed a complete rookie who isn't qualified. Now we're stuck with him and what makes it worse is that he has few contacts. We've signed two players on loan who couldn't get in a team which is somehow worse than us. How is that supposed to make us better?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

We are well and truly ****.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

I have never known so many players sent off in a season,there is commitment and stupidity,unfortunately our players fall into the latter.I posted two years ago that the true position of Torquay United was conference/national league south and was where we would end up and it's all coming true.I think we have missed the boat this season and our future is dire.If you have a business in trouble you do not appoint a manager with No Experience.With no money and worst no players with not much experience we will struggle.What a sad end to sixty years supporting Torquay.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

frenchgull wrote:I have never known so many players sent off in a season,there is commitment and stupidity,unfortunately our players fall into the latter.I posted two years ago that the true position of Torquay United was conference/national league south and was where we would end up and it's all coming true.I think we have missed the boat this season and our future is dire.If you have a business in trouble you do not appoint a manager with No Experience.With no money and worst no players with not much experience we will struggle.What a sad end to sixty years supporting Torquay.
I agree completely with that. I feel very sad today, as I know that we are finished as a club. It breaks my heart to say that, but I believe it. 50 years for me, how awful to end it like this.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

frenchgull wrote:I have never known so many players sent off in a season,there is commitment and stupidity,unfortunately our players fall into the latter.I posted two years ago that the true position of Torquay United was conference/national league south and was where we would end up and it's all coming true.I think we have missed the boat this season and our future is dire.If you have a business in trouble you do not appoint a manager with No Experience.With no money and worst no players with not much experience we will struggle.What a sad end to sixty years supporting Torquay.
That's what angered me so much about the appointment of Nicholson because I could see what was coming. I couldn't believe this board would make the same mistake as the previous lot did with Hargreaves. Both have led to disaster, this after the current incumbents were so keen to get rid of Hargreaves and bring Cox in. It defies all logic.
The original taunton_gull!!!
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Still looking forward to the Lincoln game on Saturday. I'm not giving up on Torquay United.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

samuel wrote:Still looking forward to the Lincoln game on Saturday. I'm not giving up on Torquay United.

Good luck with that.....
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

It was a truly terrible result. There may have been concern about the appointment that appeared like an announcement of operation on a shoestring but that is the fact of life at the moment.

I can of course relate to the angry posts. We all feel very angry.

However the people involved are doing their very best for the club so can we please have less finger pointing and some discussion of the actual alternatives in the real context.

As I see it If we continue like this with some ? 13 home games left we are unlikely to achieve an average home gate of more than maybe 1400 for these fixtures. In my rough maths thats at least £8000 a 'loss' per game x 13 which is over £100 k below the budgeted income total.

If we invest in the team both management and player we probably need over £100k to hope to make any discernable difference and that of course might not happen even then.

The crude fact of life is that we don't have the 100k either way.

We could moan about how we got here for ever. We all have a PhD in hindsight.

So put yourself in the Board's place. What would YOU do? I personally don't envy the Board the decision and am grateful for all their efforts on our behalf.

If we go down, we go down. If we survive this season in a manageable form as a Nationwide club ( whatever league ) we will be major achievers in my view.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Dazza wrote:When did we have an opposition player sent off by the visionaries in black. I can't recall one...

Cheltenham at home, they played 80 minutes with 10 men, and yes we lost :-|
Lucy