Barrow v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

KEVIN NICHOLSON: “The lads have been just as I want them to be – focussed & determined. I would happily take on anyone this weekend."
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

taunton_gull wrote:I've been out for some time as it's clear the writing has been on the wall. I simply cannot justify the wasted time and expense anymore. I never thought I would feel like this.

What angers me more than anything is that although Phillips, Breed and co took the club on with the best intentions and no money - they have made some awful decisions and somehow the situation much worse than ever. If they couldn't afford to appoint a proper manager on a proper contract why bring someone in and allow them to appoint an assistant, sign players on contracts only for them to walk away? We would have been in a better position just running Hargreaves' contract down before sorting out a proper replacement.

I pretty much gave up as soon as Nicholson was appointed - the decision was lunacy. What made matters worse was that at a previous fans forum the idea of appointing him had correctly been dismissed. Had he not played for us he never would have got through the door for interview. A lot of people applied for the job, I'm certain there were better candidates out there who would have been willing to work within the current remit - Martin Ling to name one. So although it's debatable whether the club would have survived long term in any case, in my opinion a string of bad decisions by the custodians of the club past and present have led us here much quicker. RIP TUFC.
At the time of his appointment there were three jobs going in the national league. Kiddy, Halifax and Torquay. I wonder if he even applied for the others and was desperate to get into management? I would bet my bottom dollar he didn't and it would not surprise me if some, though not all, of the current lot gave him a heads up to apply. I doubt even he thought he would have a chance of getting a managers job. Imo the other two clubs would have used his application, if he made one, as toilet paper.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

Didn't Hargreaves say how well the players did in training then see them battered in the real matches?
Will somebody please change the script our manager reads from!!
Get real we are c**p.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

It is going to be a long long journey back through the rain. Six hours of gloom both inside and outside the coach.

Added in 4 seconds:
It is going to be a long long journey back through the rain. Six hours of gloom both inside and outside the coach.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

PhilGull wrote:f*** me you lot have got short memories. FA Cup aside our league form from the last few games has been okay up to today (4 games without losing for those who have completely forgotten). Yes today is sh*t but its not the end of the f**king world.
Just confirms people like brucie aren't real supporters and are loving the current situation
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

It's no good blaming Nicholson you have got to go back to Cox, the system he employed and the players he brought in. Nicholson has improved the play and you can see we are weak in certain positions but if you've no money his hands are tied. The conditions today and the distance involved I thought it would be a tough game today.
Most supporters wanted Hargreaves out but no one knew the state the club was in and that includes the good lady who was supplying the money for the former directors to waste. If we want a club we've got to stick with it and hope Nicholson can get a few results to get us out of this mess. Conditions were against a young side today.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Post Removed
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Now is the time for Nicholson to be a Manager and not try to hang on to his playing career by his fingernails. :red:

Get off the pitch and on to the side lines where you can actually monitor the game properly and maybe, just maybe, make a difference.

We have got Butler who was brought in as a left back.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Gloomy Gull wrote:Now is the time for Nicholson to be a Manager and not try to hang on to his playing career by his fingernails. :red:

Get off the pitch and on to the side lines where you can actually monitor the game properly and maybe, just maybe, make a difference.

We have got Butler who was brought in as a left back.

I wish I could believe that. I am afraid I see the guy as utterly clueless.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Which guy? - You must mean Nicholson
Last edited by Gloomy Gull on 14 Nov 2015, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Gloomy Gull wrote:Which guy?
Our manager.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Thank God for that - I thought you might have meant Butler !!!!
Totnes_Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Totnes_Yellow »

gullintwoplaces wrote:We must have the worst disciplinary record in the National League. And still can't play. Shameful.

Screen Shot 2015-11-14 at 17.46.58.png
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

What's happening now is that the slow death of the club, not exactly invisible before, has now become brilliantly clear. As supporters this is very painful indeed, so I suggest that, in order to save months and months of complete despair and heartache before the end inevitably comes, the club CLOSE DOWN NOW. Pay everyone off and call it a day. We all know that the end is in sight and that we are going nowhere. For us older supporters (and, yes, I know I keep harping on about this) the remembrance of the great days is now galling and bitter. How could it come to this? You see, I STILL can't understand where the money has gone; it just doesn't make sense - unless there has been some subterranean activity that we are not aware of. Yes, a new stand costs a lot - but wasn't that paid for by Mr. Bristow? And where has the money gone that Mrs. Bristow put in over and over again? It can't have all been used in paying off managers. It simply doesn't make sense.
A point of no return passed invisibly perhaps two or three seasons ago: the players became worse, the management became worse, the financial direction became worse.
No, call it a day and put us all out of our misery.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Totnes_Yellow wrote:
Screen Shot 2015-11-14 at 17.46.58.png
Thanks! Not the worst, but almost. At least Forest Green & Eastleigh have been rewarded for dirty play.