Official Site

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Official Site

Post by Southampton Gull »

I've just been asked to inform everyone that the OS is down hence no information regarding todays postponement. The ref inspected the pitch at 11.30 and stated there would be a further inspection at 13.00 whereby the decision was made. Apologies to everyone but they are working on getting the OS back online as soon as possible.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Good service by this site. Thanks to all who updated.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

thanks for that SG, the problem was with the twitter not informing anyone of the 11.30 inspection at all to even warn people the game is in doubt.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Steve Breed tried to update people on his personal account but obviously doesn't have enough followers ;-)
Dave

CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

what is his twitter handle?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

No idea mate I'm nor a twatter ;-)
Dave

CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Southampton Gull wrote:No idea mate I'm nor a twatter ;-)
Or a spelling bee champion.. :na: :lol:
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

The club twitter announced that there was a pitch inspection to take place at 12:45 and then announced the postponement soon after result of said inspection and asked people to retweet as there was a technical glitch with the OS. Not sure what more they could have done in the situation, but I'm sure some will give some over the top example of what they could've done which isn't in the slightest bit practical
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You couldn't make this up - the games off, the official site is down and the chief executive is trying to update people on his own twitter account. Laughable.

Added in 1 second:
You couldn't make this up - the games off, the official site is down and the chief executive is trying to update people on his own twitter account. Laughable.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

brucie wrote:You couldn't make this up - the games off, the official site is down and the chief executive is trying to update people on his own twitter account. Laughable.

Added in 1 second:
its probably hard to spread the word when you have minimal followers..
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Bleeper wrote: Or a spelling bee champion.. :na: :lol:
In my defence I'm on a stag do :-B
Dave

davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Probably a good game to be off!

Will give Nicho some more time to prepare for Barrow, personally I am looking at the games between 16th February to the 15th of March 2016, if we can pick up points and improve performances till then, all which I think Nicho and his team have the potential to achieve, but looking at the league and form, these 6 games may be the critical performance indicators of the season!
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I agree with you Dave. That winter spell of fixtures you identify are likely to define the league we play in next year. The last 5-6 games in our fixture list look tough ending with interestingly Guisely away. We need to be picking up points in Feb and early March to allow a more relaxed run in than currently presents itself on paper.

I realise night club rumours can be false. However even the idea that 'repenting' Marsh and Hurst are out at 2 am the morning of a game put shivers down spines. We will simply not be surviving in this League if that culture exists. The club need to ensure they are well on top of this.
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

Bleeper wrote: its probably hard to spread the word when you have minimal followers..
And when you have your twitter account set to private so nobody can actually see your tweets.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I agree with you Dave. That winter spell of fixtures you identify are likely to define the league we play in next year. The last 5-6 games in our fixture list look tough ending with interestingly Guisely away. We need to be picking up points in Feb and early March to allow a more relaxed run in than currently presents itself on paper.

I realise night club rumours can be false. However even the idea that 'repenting' Marsh and Hurst are out at 2 am the morning of a game put shivers down spines. We will simply not be surviving in this League if that culture exists. The club need to ensure they are well on top of this.