Torquay United v Wrexham- (NOW Dec 5th)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Paigntongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Wes Saunders

Post by Paigntongull »

tauntongull wrote:For the life of me I don't know why it is such a problem to make a decision and give fans a chance to save money and not travel. I understand the desire to want to play the game but I for one would prefer the game cancelled in advance as opposed to last minute!!

Added in 1 second:
For the life of me I don't know why it is such a problem to make a decision and give fans a chance to save money and not travel. I understand the desire to want to play the game but I for one would prefer the game cancelled in advance as opposed to last minute!!
I have to agree. It must be a nightmare for those fans out of the area. When I rang the club earlier they were clear that no inspection was planned, hence the posting. Admittedly it did carry on raining a little, but nothing significant enough to warrant a change in the pitch conditions. Sorry to say, but we don't seem to learn from previous problems like this. Let's just hope the game is on - that way all we be well again :)
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

GAME IS OFF!!!!
tufctillidie
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by tufctillidie »

Taking the p!33? Just for one patch?
Keep Calm. Support Torquay United
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Not on OS yet?
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

nothing on OS all morning-hopeless.I thought we were paying a press officer!!!
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

Gareth Law just put it on Twitter
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular

Post by IanGull01 »

Nico & Mills didn't look happy with decision!!!
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Feel sorry for the fans that travelled down
PaulR
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PaulR »

Having checked with the club at 11.30 they told me that the game was on and that there was to be no pitch inspection! Travelled down from Taunton with not a drop of rain....so what changed?
http://www.rockettrides.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yellow74
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellow74 »

The game should have been called off yesterday given weather and forecast! Why delay at 11.30 the decision? Weather has been ok since then but pitch obviously not playable!

Added in 2 seconds:
The game should have been called off yesterday given weather and forecast! Why delay at 11.30 the decision? Weather has been ok since then but pitch obviously not playable!
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

The sun is now beating down here at Plainmoor. There is no more rain forecast. It seems to me the ref wants to get home to watch Soccer Saturday.
Why not give it more time. Anyone travelling from afar has already left anyway.
Tust member 191
Paigntongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Wes Saunders

Post by Paigntongull »

Well, yet again this is really poor. I feel for those travelling down plus all the Wrexham supporters. How much is this going to cost the club? We can't control the weather, but surely a little foresight would have been useful in planning? The weather has pretty much done as it said it would so I fail to understand how we manage to leave such a decision so late. As others have said, no updates throughout the morning on the official website and information over the telephone which is plainly incorrect.

We never learn......
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular

Post by IanGull01 »

Another hour or so, then that part of the pitch would have fine.
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Surely it is about time this draconian way of handling the postponement was addressed. It's the guy on the train I feel sorry for, having paid for a ticket! - I travel from Taunton, not exactly up country but still at 140 mile round trip. The times I have turned up at Plainmoor only to find the game was called off an hour earlier!

The club communication is hopeless. We know about the postponement on the fans forum first! - with modern technology and instant messaging why is notice not available immediately via social media and on the OS after a decision is made?

Why or why could this not have been called of at 12:00am to give fans a chance or do they simply not matter? That's how it feels. I agree a commercial decision needs to be made by the club to try and get the game on but I believe its a false economy as you will lose some fans now that may have come on Tuesday night but sure as hell wont now if they have already spent money travelling.

I think its in everyone's interest to call a game of at a reasonable time - I think 12:00am.
Last edited by tauntongull on 07 Nov 2015, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
gullsrock
Trialist
Trialist

Post by gullsrock »

An Official Statement on the club site would be helpful - just to confirm!!!!!!!!