Fans Forum - Wednesday 30th September

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Fans Forum - Wednesday 30th September

Post by Richinns »

Meet the new manager (possibly management team):
http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 14795.aspx

It will be really interesting to see what Nico has to say and his vision for sorting this mess out and progressing forward as a club. It will also be interesting to hear from Steve Breed and Dave Phillips as to how the came to the decision that Nico (and his assistant once announced) are the right men for this club at this time.

I hope all that attend do not go with a negative agenda but might I suggest No.10's hide all the knives just in case!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

I imagine it'll be distinctly frostier than the last meeting to say the least. I also imagine the attendance will be rather smaller.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I can answer both of those

Dream job for Nicho, delighted to be here will try and improve results, will play nice football only want people here commited to the club etc etc etc

Nicho is a legend here best candidate for the job, knows the club, knows the area etc etc Real answer, cheapest and easiest option and willing to do it for nothing.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

thanks Royalgull, just saved me driving 35 miles each way.....
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

you're welcome :)
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

royalgull wrote:I can answer both of those

Dream job for Nicho, delighted to be here will try and improve results, will play nice football only want people here commited to the club etc etc etc

Nicho is a legend here best candidate for the job, knows the club, knows the area etc etc Real answer, cheapest and easiest option and willing to do it for nothing.
:goodpost:

In all seriousness this is exactly what the board SHOULD say. If it's the truth then just say it and move on. Most people can read between the lines anyway so dressing it up is pointless and would devalue their integrity. The fans have enough of people like this in the past and just want the truth however amateurish and stupid it sounds. All they need to say is that Nico was desperate to prove he can do it and it seemed the most convenient and financially suitable option for the club at this present time so it was a mutually agreeable appointment. Nico gets a great opportunity to make a career in management and the club get the opportunity to solve a short term crisis whilst also saving some cash. It's a no brainer. I don't see any need to make it sound a more difficult, considered appointment than it actually was.

I'm sure they will do this on Wednesday night because they are all fans too and still think like one. They know the score.

What is vital is that there are no more secrets kept from the fans because if there are then it's game over. The trust and dedicated support that is hanging by a thread for many a fan at this moment in time will be lost once and for all. Just tell the truth, always.
Georg

Post by Georg »

Someone ask this question please... Where does the current board see the club in five years time? Are their targets - assuming its promotion - realistic given the financial restraints of the current board members or is outside extra investment needed.

And before anyone asks I'm no stalking horse, not interested in the ground or asset stripping or anything like that. Its a genuine question.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I think a more pertinent question would be - given the current financial situation and budget, assuming the club can at least remain in the National League and attendances remain at or above 1500 do they think the club will still exist in 5 years. Are their plans for self-sustainability still achievable?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

I cant make it tonight due to prior commitments and to be honest for one reason or another I really would not feel comfortable standing up and asking a question. There is a question I have and if there is time and if somebody agrees with me and feels this is a good idea, I am asking if somebody wouldnt mind please asking the question if there is a possibility of a supporters share scheme as a way of raising funds and bringing the club closer to its fan base and community.
Here is a broader description of what I mean, on the supporters ideas thread - http://forum.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8310

The players fund is one thing but it will only go so far, I reckon this could help a little bit more. Without being critical I know of quite a few people who would not put into a player fund and even found it a little bit cheeky, drawing some strong language also, I know many on here contribute to it and feel its a no brainer and the right thing to do, but some look at it as giving money away almost like charity - like my other post said, after buying merchandise, match ticket etc putting into a fund many feel there is nothing back for the money, buying shares would make people feel as if they are getting something for their money even though it would relatively not mean anything and there would be a feel good factor also.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Please can someone put a review of how tonight goes afterwards.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Just got home, well attended meeting with the full board (I think) plus KN and Mel (speaking on finance).

Wide range of questions, some quite searching, equally split between football matters and the wider well being of the club.

KN impressed me with some of the things he said and I don't think that he deliberately dropped any 'sound bites' in. He has had one to one meetings with all the players and he sounds like he knows a lot of management techniques so that was all to the good. He will give the present squad a chance to prove themselves before considering using any old boy networks. On this, John Milton and Colin Lee were mentioned as well as offers of help from Bournemouth via Eunan O'Kane.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Do you know if it was filmed?
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Yes, it was, so should eventually be available
DaveysBarTab
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: none right now

Post by DaveysBarTab »

Eunan prob not gonna offer the help we need.... him on the pitch. I think nico has to be looking at players asap. We dont have many half decent ones but hes gonna give the lads a chance... yeh for now.

A centre mid and striker have to b signed as we create nothing except from butler/hurst.

Wonder if nico can inspire briscoe with fitness regimes.... hes wasting his career away
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

gateman49 wrote: On this, John Milton and Colin Lee were mentioned as well as offers of help from Bournemouth via Eunan O'Kane.
Anyone able to elaborate more on what was meant by help from those three mentioned?