Torquay United v Boreham Wood TUE-22nd

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

arcadia wrote:Forever you replied to me that we did not have the players to play four at the back when I said that after 20 minutes I would have changed the formation on Saturday. WHOOPS!
I admit when I'm wrong but Saturday was rubbish and I felt Ramshaw just ignored Dean and made him look an idiot.
Surprise, surprise. The experienced non-league coach ignored the ex-commercial manager. Edwards should have kept well away from the dugout on Saturday and left Ramshaw and Veysey to get on with it. Just like they will tomorrow night.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

forevertufc wrote:
I know of, no previous meetings between the two clubs.
There has been. We beat them 5-0 in the FA Cup first round in what must have been 2002/2003 season - Leroy's first full season. We absolutely battered them, even though both sides went down to 10 men after Bedeau and one of their lads got into a tussle.

They were awful that day, but have clearly come a long way (and we have fallen...........). I'm not expecting anything like that to happen again! That said, they aren't in great form so it will be a barometer of whether we really are in strife, or might have just enough to keep ourselves ahead of 4 worse clubs.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

arcadia wrote:Forever you replied to me that we did not have the players to play four at the back when I said that after 20 minutes I would have changed the formation on Saturday. WHOOPS!
I admit when I'm wrong but Saturday was rubbish and I felt Ramshaw just ignored Dean and made him look an idiot.
This really is getting boring now. No I didn't say that at all, go back and read it for yourself, this is what actually did say;

"No I would not have changed the formation after 20 minutes, when you've got simple and limited footballers , you play a simple and limited formation, we'd never have been playing with wing backs, it only works when you have right players, we do not."

Page 2 of the Dean Edwards thread, it's there for all to see. On your second paragraph, keep using the spade, you can't be far from Australia, by now. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote: This really is getting boring now. No I didn't say that at all, go back and read it for yourself, this is what actually did say;

"No I would not have changed the formation after 20 minutes, when you've got simple and limited footballers , you play a simple and limited formation, we'd never have been playing with wing backs, it only works when you have right players, we do not."

Page 2 of the Dean Edwards thread, it's there for all to see. On your second paragraph, keep using the spade, you can't be far from Australia, by now. :)
So you agree that the formation should of been changed and Cox signed players not suited to a formation he wants to play. I started to dig the whole but just filled it in. :lol:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

arcadia wrote: So you agree that the formation should of been changed and Cox signed players not suited to a formation he wants to play. I started to dig the whole but just filled it in. :lol:
Well yes and no. You asked me would I have changed the formation after 20 minutes, I said no, I would not, because I personally would not have been playing with wing backs in the first place.

It's not a case of whether I think Cox Signed the right players, it has to be remembered Young and Fairhurst both picked up long terms injuries, soon follow by Richards, how things may have looked different if had not been the case, the only let down has been Exodus, while his throw ins have caused opposition defences mayhem, he's not been at the races at the back for us.
Formerly known as forevertufc
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

We will win 2-1. Luke McDonald to give away a penalty for shirt pulling or holding on to an opponents arm.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

is Ex suspended? Heard he was missing tonight, while that would be ideal I don't think we have anyone else especially as we can't throw Odofin in especially after Saturday's debacle.

I too would go 4-4-2 with a lineup of this

Spiess

MacDonald
Smith
Ex (no one else)
Butler

Hurst
Carmichael
Heslop (presume he's available, only a 1 game ban he got?)
Murombedzi

Marsh
Fisher/MLM

Actually thought MLM did ok on Saturday, he's raw but works hard and is reasonable in the air, him and marsh did ok as a pair but I would go for Fisher as he's more of a goal threat.

Looking at that line up it's so poor it's unreal.
pinitgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by pinitgull »

Speiss

Hurst
Smith
Macdonald
Butler

Briscoe
Heslop
Carmichael

Lavelle Moore
Marsh
Quigley
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

nickbrod wrote:Yeoman back from Truro loan? According to story in WMN Yeoman's in the squad for tomorrow's game.
Yeoman went to Truro on a one month loan on 21 August so he should indeed be back at Plainmoor now. However, for some reason he reportedly never got to play much when he was with Truro, so presumably needs to get up to speed with more game time before being in contention for a place in our National League side. Mind you, the same could be said of Exodus..
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

We have to go 4-4-2 we are playing Boring Wood who have lost five games on the bounce and appear to be actually worse than us. As well as that they are a part time team.
Whilst we are completely in shit state there is probably just as much pressure on Boring Wood to win this game.

Speiss

Hurst - Macdonald- Smith- Butler

Murimbadze - Carmichael - an other (Heslop suspended) - Briscoe

Fisher - Marsh

Basically this line up as it is has relegation written all over it.

I will go for a 2-1 win with us to be leading at half time (this is the value bet on betfair @ 2.68)

Equally we are such a shambles we could end up losing 0-4.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

I Agree with the 4-4-2 formation being suggested on here. with the wing backs we are leaving ourselves too open at the back, the ball kept getting played to Emmanuel in these areas where we were lacking full backs and from there him and his team destroyed us. Even with 4 at the back we will shit be cr@p in defence but we may just avoid conceding 7!

ADMIN EDIT - removed unintentional double posting. SB
To the dotted line, We're on our way
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

pinitgull wrote:Speiss

Hurst
Smith
Macdonald
Butler

Briscoe
Heslop
Carmichael

Lavelle Moore
Marsh
Quigley
I quite like the idea of this line up. I think Heslop has a three match ban for a straight red but that's no great loss. I'd give Fenwick another chance even though he was poor on Saturday with possibly Murombedzi or Fisher in place of Malachi. I don't know why folks are ignoring Joe Quigley. He doesn't exactly look like being our season's top scorer but he puts himself about and works hard and the goals will come. Whatever happens tonight, we must not get on the players backs. They are a young side and many of them will go to play at a higher level than National League. Their morale must have been affected by Paul Cox's sudden departure and the uncertainty of the the club's future. As long as the players continue to put in a shift, us supporters have to get behind them.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/conference

Seems Boreham Wood are adding to their squad just in time for tonight
To the dotted line, We're on our way
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

So will the new lad push Hurst up to right mid? and we'll go 442, or will he slot in as a straight replacement for Ex? leaving us with our failed 532. This signing leaves our back line looking very young!
The gulls are going up
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Don't know much about the new lad - if he is a centre half, but him in there with Angus, Smith to RB and Hurst to RW. If he's a RB, swap him and Smith around. I hope to god we abandon the 3-5-2 - it just doesn't work