Crawley - At It Again

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Southampton Gull wrote:don't see how you can blame them in any way to be honest.
Because we're blinded by hatred :@ =D
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Southampton Gull wrote:This the quote that reinforces my view: "A United fan complained that the video, posted on YouTube, featured a supporter making aircraft gestures."

The club followed up by banning him for life, don't see how you can blame them in any way to be honest.
You know, we were all perfectly content having a real bitchfest but then you had to come along and ruin it by being all reasonable.

For shame. =D
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Don't worry Chris, I'm sure they'll show their true colours on Saturday and then I'll be bitching about them too.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

of course, you're right to point out that the club took quick action, and did what they had to do as a club - no club can legislate for the behaviour of one pathetic fan, but when the manager and his staff behave the way they do, is it any wonder the fans think they can get away with it ?? they might believe they got away with it at "little old torquay", but now they're taking on one of the biggest clubs in the world. roll on saturday, and i hope chris coleman is on the tv again, because i think his words last time round were "well chosen" !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:
This the quote that reinforces my view: "A United fan complained that the video, posted on YouTube, featured a supporter making aircraft gestures."

The club followed up by banning him for life, don't see how you can blame them in any way to be honest.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... nich-video

Fourth paragraph down:

Crawley posted the video on YouTube, as well as the club's website, without realising that one of the people dancing by the stage frequently makes aircraft gestures to mock the tragedy in 1958 when the plane carrying United's team crashed on the runway at Munich, killing 23 of the 44 passengers, including eight members of the team, on the way back from a European Cup tie against Red Star Belgrade.

So therefore I go back to my original post and feelings on this subject "They posted it on their website and officially on YouTube so it was connected to the club. Either they knew about his actions or they did not check it properly - either way it is very irresponsible of the club!"

God I hate Crawley!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I think there is no doubt that Crawley forked up here,however no more than allowing this video to be published with out checking it first.

Tend to agree with Dave here,they have done the right thing (there's a first) and banned this idiot,and looking at this a few man.u fans tend to agree with the idiot fan,rather than blaming Crawley.

http://www.redcafe.net/f11/manchester-u ... ndex3.html
Formerly known as forevertufc
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Having seen the video now there is no doubt that the lads an idiot. Didn't doubt it before it's just been set in stone.
As soon as he stretches his arms out imitating a plane he draws attention to himself so how thay failed to notice the gestures he makes showing a crash, explosion and the numbers 1, 9, 5, 8 is beyond me.
At least they acted when they recieved the complaint.
Still hate them though.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

HRG wrote:Having seen the video now there is no doubt that the lads an idiot. Didn't doubt it before it's just been set in stone.
As soon as he stretches his arms out imitating a plane he draws attention to himself so how thay failed to notice the gestures he makes showing a crash, explosion and the numbers 1, 9, 5, 8 is beyond me.
At least they acted when they recieved the complaint.
Still hate them though.
Not seen this - have you got a link to it?
TUST member 328
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Over airplane gestures!? How do they know he was referring to the Munich air disaster!?

So, does that mean that whenever a player scores at Old Trafford against United, and runs around with their arms stretched out like wings, they need to be banned from football for life!?

Ridiculous.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

The guy looks like he's tryin g to keep his head down.
Parry he signals 1958 with his fingers and makes gestures like an explosion. So it's not an unreasonable assumption.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Parry wrote:Over airplane gestures!? How do they know he was referring to the Munich air disaster!?

So, does that mean that whenever a player scores at Old Trafford against United, and runs around with their arms stretched out like wings, they need to be banned from football for life!?

Ridiculous.
A Crawley fan makes an aeroplane signal, mocks an explosion & gestures 1, 9, 5, 8.

In 1958, a plane carrying Man Utd players crashed & many were killed.

Parry, do....you....understand....now. Can you see why the supporter has been banned for life? It's a lot more than a random plane gesture.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

HRG wrote:
The guy looks like he's tryin g to keep his head down.
Parry he signals 1958 with his fingers and makes gestures like an explosion. So it's not an unreasonable assumption.

Having now seen it I can see that it is more the individuals actions and not the clubs. Think they should have still spotted it before release but suspect that is the only thing they are guilty of.

Still puts the club in a negative light which is good because it is what they fully deserve!
TUST member 328
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Richinns wrote:Having now seen it I can see that it is more the individuals actions and not the clubs. Think they should have still spotted it before release but suspect that is the only thing they are guilty of.

Still puts the club in a negative light which is good because it is what they fully deserve!
I beg to differ. That video is appalling with or without the idiot, it goes against everything that is good and holy. Whoever sanctioned it should be flicked in the face.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Admittedly, after seeing the 1,9,5,8 thing i've changed my tune. It is quite a good song. I aboslutely hate them though.
"fawlty for you Torquay" :@ :@ :@
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

I think we should all just get over it and move on. They won, end of.
TUST #324