Torquay United V Woking-Tue 18TH

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Can somebody who was there clarify what happened? As I understand it, we wanted to take Briscoe off, but there was a mistake and Fisher's number was put up. Huxtable then insisted that Fisher had to go off. Is that what happened? And how the hell did he send Cox to the stands?
TUST member 203
dave001776
Trialist
Trialist

Post by dave001776 »

Just got back, usual fare but I must mention the Woking fans, a real credit to their club, they kept singing from the 9oth minute to the final whistle
DTUFC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by DTUFC »

Pretty sure Cox got sent off for dissent after substitution-gate - a more officious and unnecessary piece of refereeing you will not find.

Looked like the bench wanted to take Briscoe off (understandably, given he doesn't look built to last 90 mins) but put up Fisher's number instead; when the fourth official tried to change the number to amend his error Huxtable said no and forced Fisher to go off.

We were shite anyway but he didn't help.
Last edited by DTUFC on 18 Aug 2015, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

Huxtable you useless ****!!!

:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

Angry is not the word.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

DTUFC wrote:a more officious and unnecessary piece of refereeing you will not find.
The idiot revels in screwing up our games, I swear. He's an arrogant, officious, vainglorious tosspot.
TUST member 203
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

divingbboy wrote:Can somebody who was there clarify what happened? As I understand it, we wanted to take Briscoe off, but there was a mistake and Fisher's number was put up. Huxtable then insisted that Fisher had to go off. Is that what happened? And how the hell did he send Cox to the stands?
Thats right, Cox was sent to the stands just before play was about to be restarted after the 'sub-gate'

Also the poorest decision was right at the end Courtney Richards won the ball well and was clipped clearly from behind on the edge of the area - somehow no foul.

Unfortunately Huxtable loves the attention, a few comments were shouted to him during the warm and he tried to entice more. Unfortunately he'll be very pleased with his performance. What happened to Ref assessors?

Added in 2 minutes 6 seconds:
Also a Woking player started standing in front of the long Exodus throw jumping as he threw it, that is a foul, twice it happened - no decision

Added in 1 minute 32 seconds:
Also a Woking player started standing in front of the long Exodus throw jumping as he threw it, that is a foul, twice it happened - no decision
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Can't really be bothered to write up a proper review.

First half we were better, second half we weren't brilliant and our heads went after the sub farce. We must have given him the wrong number and then the referee decided not to let us get away with it. He was poor throughout the second half really, missing the foul on Richards in the last minute, booking MacDonald for 'dissent' and sending off Cox.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Last year I wrote a letter to the fa about huxtable and I will do so again tommorow. No doubt I will again receive a letter pre written which gets sent out to 1000's of fans a season but hey ho worth a try!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes - the north devon league starts here next Saturday and I guarantee that Fuxtable will be dining out at the first midweek match with crew of refereeing arse lickers in tow.
If he got stuck in a rocket and landed on Planet Tosser, inhabited by Tossers he would end up being king of the Tossers because basically he is the biggest Tosser there is.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Trouble is here, I don't think it matters whether the fourth official has made the mistake or not, if I've understood the laws of the game right, once the outgoing player has left the field of play and the oncoming player has entered the field of play; the outgoing player ceases to become a player, so in the case of the rules of the game the referee I make has it right.

We can shout and scream common sense, genuine mistake. But, what do Woking say if Fisher goes on to score the winning goal, or even just a goal, technically he shouldn't be on the field, playing devils advocate here, what happens if the boot was on the other foot, and it was a Woking player allowed to stay on the field, and he scored, what would we say then.

On the point of Huxtable as a referee, he is not FIT, literally to referee, blowing out the back of his arse, never up with play, never in the right position, to make a proper judgement, if he was, we'd have had a stick on penalty, injury time, didn't give a clear free kick to Torquay, he really should be sent back to local football were he belongs.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

He refereed a local midweek game in the North Devon League at the sportsground in Bideford towards the end of last season. Totally lost control of it - sent a player off.
Ended up with the player going into his dressing room and trashing Fuxtables kit bag and chucking his car keys when the game was still in progress. Hilarious.

Added in 4 minutes 4 seconds:
What would Woking say if Briscoe scored the winner? I appreciate that if the players had swapped and the game had restarted then of course there was no going back. But judging by the commentary this didn't happen because the game had been held up for about five minutes.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Right, on to the game itself, think our player deserve that no matter how it sticks in the gut. Haven't a lot of time, so in brief, very good defensive performance, the performance over all was a lot more fluid than against Macclesfield and clear signs of improvement, thought the sponsors had the man of match spot on, Smith had an excellent game, covering across and cutting out danger time and time again.

Woking are a good side, they'll many sides come to Plainmoor this season who will not have that quality, on that showing, we will more than we lose, and middle eight finish looks a real possibility.

Added in 4 minutes 10 seconds:
brucie wrote: Added in 4 minutes 4 seconds:
What would Woking say if Briscoe scored the winner? I appreciate that if the players had swapped and the game had restarted then of course there was no going back. But judging by the commentary this didn't happen because the game had been held up for about five minutes.
Nothing they could say, as technically under the laws of the game, he was the right play to be on the field of play, I fully agree with you re; Huxtable, however, as the referee he has to uphold the laws of the game.
Formerly known as forevertufc
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Can I add my halfpenny's worth?

In the first half we could/should have either had a penalty or a free kick with the last man elbowing Fisher out of the way and flattening him on the edge of the area. Both ref and lino found that one too difficult to give but immediately afterwards an innocuous foul was given our way in midfield, easy to give one there eh Huxtable! Some things never change.

As to the substitution, Veysey goes to the 4th official gives him a note of our intention, 4th official holds board up with 17 to come off. Off trots Fisher (very quickly, I might add) and on trots Heslop. Then all hell lets loose with Veysey gesticulating to the 4th official that he meant 7 not 17 (Cox not really involved at this stage). Heslop hangs around at the touchline and we swap Briscoe for Fisher regardless.

Ref seems to allow this but then 4th official throws a wobbly and persuades ref to come and talk it over. This he does, then sends Fisher back off and waves Briscoe back on. At this Cox does become more involved and presumably questions the 4th official's status at birth so the 4th official calls the ref back again and he sends Cox off. This all takes a long time as he doesn't go lightly and then stewards start to get involved too. Cox finally disappears down the tunnel and the match resumes after what seemed like about 10 minutes (only 5 added at the end though)

Aside from all this we were lack lustre in the 2nd half but why does Huxtable have to take centre stage?
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Agree Smith MOTM. Tidy defender. Draw would have been fair. Woking were a good side, set up not to lose. We have room for improvement, which is a good thing. Didn' t hear Woking fans, lots on noise from our own.
TUST number 080
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Can't complain really about this match, considering Woking had a good 2014/15 season and are building on it, and, having signed our new players later than other clubs this summer, we are still in the process of putting together a cohesive team. So, all things considered, not really a bad start. Our opening games this season are all tough ones, but Cox & Co are engendering confidence that we can only get better as the season progresses.