Hargreaves, Hodges and Veysey on Gardening leave

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

A sad end for a good pro but unfortunately he will be remembered as being one of the top five worst managers we have ever had.
We appear to be completely up shit creek financially but lest face it the consortium were faced with no other choice but to get rid of the three stooges. As for Veysey - well what the feck was he doing to earn his money. He was supposed to be the goalkeeping coach for **** sake but Rice was making the same errors at the end of the season as he was at the start.
Lets not forgot that the new owners are all apparant fans of Torquay United. If that is true they would have witnessed the shambles that Hargreaves reduced us to at the end of the season.
Hargreaves was a dead man walking once the takeover was on the cards.
Steve Breed as a commentator last year (quite fairly) stated in one match commentary towards the end of the season that Hargreaves did not appear to have a clue what he was doing.
Now he is one of those calling the shots then is any wonder he has gone - those proffering shock and indignation need to wake up and smell the coffee.
If the new manager is Sean Joyce or Steve Tully either would be hard pressed to make such a balls up of it as Hargreaves did.
The old regime of Bristow,Hargreaves and Phillips is as discredited as this board has become - with people moving over to a message board where they can get informed comment on whats going on. Here you get a certain person telling us how much he wanted to see Hargreaves in charge next season - what a burke.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

brucie wrote: As for Veysey - well what the feck was he doing to earn his money. He was supposed to be the goalkeeping coach for f*** sake but Rice was making the same errors at the end of the season as he was at the start.
To be fair, Kenny Veysey, was coaching both first team keepers, youth team and all academy goalkeepers, now we're going to be left with two keepers actually having a keeper coach doesn't make sense, the point was made earlier, if the club can get an experience keeper, the two could virtually coach them selves.

As for Martin Rice, there's only so much a coach can do with a player, did KV improve Ricey, I'd say he did. KV also coached Lavercombe and young Neil Osborne who went on to Southampton, he also coached the likes of Bobby.O in his time with us, so whilst I agree with a lot of what you say, being a tad harsh on Kenny V, there.
Formerly known as forevertufc
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

mushroom wrote:Well that's a third of funds placed by investors spent and need to replace these guys on top
Sadly this will go sour very quickly l original expected problems by November but with all the termination payments will be much nearer
What termination payments? The whole point of gardening leave is you can get rid of unwanted staff without paying up their contract in one go - you just keep paying their basic monthly or weekly wage in the usual way. Sad to see it happen but these guys have put their money where their mouths are and saved our club. I'm sad to see these three go but if this is what the new board think is best then I'm happy to back them.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

That is correct
This will cost the Club around 120k or 100k in Termination if they can get a compromise agreement signed but money up front
Either way compounds what is an already dire position
SealeHayne23
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Young

Post by SealeHayne23 »

Nance & Robbie Herrera manager & assist????????
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

A few people on the other site who appear to be in the know, seem very positive about a name being circulated for the new manager. One said he can't imagine any Torquay fan being unhappy with him. That pretty much rules out all mentioned on this thread bar Paul Cox. Ling, Buckle, Tully, Elliott, Herrera would all be criticised in some corners I'm certain.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

mushroom wrote:Well that's a third of funds placed by investors spent and need to replace these guys on top
Sadly this will go sour very quickly l original expected problems by November but with all the termination payments will be much nearer
It wont go as sour as not having a club to support or being able to start the season though.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Guess you are right just look at Hereford or Salisbury for inspiration
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Kernowgull wrote:A few people on the other site who appear to be in the know, seem very positive about a name being circulated for the new manager. One said he can't imagine any Torquay fan being unhappy with him. That pretty much rules out all mentioned on this thread bar Paul Cox. Ling, Buckle, Tully, Elliott, Herrera would all be criticised in some corners I'm certain.
My money's on Paul Cox. Would be happy if I'm right.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I don't know why certain posters are so worried. None of the new directors will be squandering money for the sake of it. They've also had plenty of time to plan for all eventualities so just sit back and enjoy the ride. There's been enough doom and gloom, lets see some positivity for once.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Southampton Gull wrote:I don't know why certain posters are so worried. None of the new directors will be squandering money for the sake of it. They've also had plenty of time to plan for all eventualities so just sit back and enjoy the ride. There's been enough doom and gloom, lets see some positivity for once.

:goodpost:

We've had enough misery, worrying and pessimism over the past few months. The new board will have planned and discussed what they intend to do at great length and we should now show our support by getting behind them and being positive about the new regime.

Let's see what happens! :-D
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Southampton Gull wrote: so just sit back and enjoy the ride. There's been enough doom and gloom, lets see some positivity for once.
SG - I wish I could share your optimism that it's going to be a ride we can sit back and enjoy ! I suspect it's going to be a bumpy ride. But for the long-term future of the club, it could be a ride in the right direction.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

Been to work for 17 hours today...I come back & find that the world has changed ! Going to buy my season ticket tomorrow (after vowing that I wouldn't renew); shame I've got to wait until after midday cos the office is closed in the morning cos someone's having a press conference.....
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

taxilady wrote:Been to work for 17 hours today...I come back & find that the world has changed ! Going to buy my season ticket tomorrow (after vowing that I wouldn't renew); shame I've got to wait until after midday cos the office is closed in the morning cos someone's having a press conference.....
:O Been driving for 17 hours? :O Getting a new season ticket? :O

:clap: :bow: :clap: