Dan Lavercombe to Liverpool?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Dan Lavercombe to Liverpool?

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Young goalie is off to liverpool for a trial!

Interesting to see where this one goes!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Markh84
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brendan Moore

Post by Markh84 »

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Obviously he is undecided to commit to us, but frankly who can blame him. Good luck laa
Lucy
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Good luck to him, who can blame him jumping at this chance?

Probably the most important thing is that a 'partnership' has been set up. Alex Inglethorpe is their Youth Manager too, so there are definitely connections to Devon - if only we could get a couple of their players on loan. A few went to Cheltenham this season and looked ok, I imagine they'd be even better in the Conference should they want to come.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Bit of a shocker. His jump from youth team to first team was pretty rapid, never mind this. Good luck to him, although I hope this isn't just a case of a big club playing the numbers game and hoovering up anyone with a hint of potential. Would be nice to see a local lad develop his career here.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Wow! Good luck to Dan. He's certainly got potential.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agree with the sentiment across the thread, good luck to the lad and hope he does well, I'm big believer in the talent around these parts, shame that has not always been the case at our club. The point made by Gulliball is to me bang on the money, I would like to see a local young lad develop his career at the club.

I'm sure he'll be made aware that a move to such a lad, "if" offered could lead to him being somewhat swallowed up, it might be better for the lad to spend another couple of seasons learning his trade here, giving him a greater chance of realizing him dreams, rather than ending up in an exit trial some where down the line.
Formerly known as forevertufc
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

forevertufc wrote:Agree with the sentiment across the thread, good luck to the lad and hope he does well, I'm big believer in the talent around these parts, shame that has not always been the case at our club. The point made by Gulliball is to me bang on the money, I would like to see a local young lad develop his career at the club.

I'm sure he'll be made aware that a move to such a lad, "if" offered could lead to him being somewhat swallowed up, it might be better for the lad to spend another couple of seasons learning his trade here, giving him a greater chance of realizing him dreams, rather than ending up in an exit trial some where down the line.
Guaranteed I would say. First team football always has to be better than any development, under-21s rubbish - whatever the level.
Pleased for the lad that he is getting the attention he deserves but hope for his own sake as well as ours that he opts to stay if given the choice.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
DaveysBarTab
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: none right now

Post by DaveysBarTab »

Another Ives situation... If both stay we can eventually gain much needed funds. IF both go, we will get what 12,500 each? or will we get nothing? Get them signed up asap give them 1st team football.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Good luck to him.

I understand the contract offered to him was laughable!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

as I said. what the point in having a development academy if all it does is get players swallowed up by the big teams without benifiting us at all. Compensation offered will be negligable. no real compensation at all if the cost of developing them only breaks even or even costs as most players wont get taken up and many end up and scrap heap. its a no brianer for me. we need to develope them for our first team not liverpools reserves
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Not suggesting for one moment that this is the case with Dan (although it might be true of Levi Ives from what's been previously posted) but these comments about teenage players made by Chelsea managerJose Mourinho as published in Monday's Daily Telegraph are worth repeating.
Asked what the biggest challenge was involving a teenage player Mourinho replied:"In modern football, the agents and the parents. When the players are almost there and in the process of being almost there, the agents and parents think they are already there. They make the players think they have arrived when they haven't. They think about money before the career starts and everything gets very, very confused. That doesn't help the players. They need stability."
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

It's a shame that all this PR for Dan (deserved as it is), that the club doesn't get the opportunity to mention its current plight. You'd think that they'd try and put a positive spin on it (rather than a desperate one) regarding the search for a new owner. Lost opportunities perhaps.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32793362

BBC said he put pen to paper last month, I didn't think he'd signed a contract yet?
YELLOW_ARMY_GULL
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by YELLOW_ARMY_GULL »

I dont think theres any harm in the situation that is happening at present as we are protected by his age, however, I think it would be in his interests to be loaned back to us as part of the deal for one maybe even two seasons to get regular first team football under his belt. That would be a win win for us in terms of a transfer fee but you would also think that Liverpool would cover his wages ...
TUST Member 291 - Yellow Army !! Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/