FC Halifax v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Another win. Another clean sheet.

It'll be another quiet week in here then. Some people can't bear to give any praise whatsoever, yet delight in coming on here the second the whistle goes to signal a loss....

Finishing strongly - alas too late, but glimpses of what could be next season.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Neal wrote:well well well, 3 wins in a row. There were postings on here a few weeks back saying they couldn't see us winning anymore this season and we were heading for the conference. Footballs a funny game :)

Sounds like we have unearthed a gem in the Goalie, and local too, that's a real positive.

Could hear the Yellow Army singing on the commentary, excellent.

Doubt the converted Exeter fan will be on here tonight, perhaps was watching Exeter lose at home, pity Exeweb this evening, gotta laugh :)
Brucie was obviously the problem all along. Now his allegiance is with the Greeks they can't put in a performance whereas we're now seeing the benefit of sticking by our manager :-D

All quiet in Barnsley too, isnt that a surprise ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
jonmay
Trialist
Trialist

Post by jonmay »

Loking forward to spoiling Macclesfield's season next week too. After three wins the team deserve a good crowd on the final day.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Another win. Another clean sheet.

It'll be another quiet week in here then. Some people can't bear to give any praise whatsoever, yet delight in coming on here the second the whistle goes to signal a loss....

Finishing strongly - alas too late, but glimpses of what could be next season.

:goodpost:
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

At last, mid table obscurity!

In fact, I was listening in the Morrison's car park at Totnes while the wife was inside shopping. I see her coming out with the shopping, I start the engine to drive to meet her, the commo dies out momentarily and returns with Steve Breed laughing his head off at the bobble as we score the first.

Having got over the shock of (nearly) hearing a goal on the commo I drive the car over to the wife, she say's back it into a space, I stop the engine again, radio goes off so I turn it back on manually only to hear the normally reserved Julian Gaunt and Steve yelling their heads off as the second goes in.

Ah well!

By the way, that was a bit harsh in a previous post about Steve, I think that he is a natural.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote: Brucie was obviously the problem all along. Now his allegiance is with the Greeks they can't put in a performance whereas we're now seeing the benefit of sticking by our manager :-D

All quiet in Barnsley too, isnt that a surprise ;-)
Actually David, I was there..... ;-)

As Tommy has said 1st half totally forgettable....
Pitch looked like they had used a tractor on it prior to kick-off....

After numerous shouts of "sort it out Hargreaves!!!" Second half they did.
First goal, disaster for the home team....it trickled in...keeper could have thrown his cap on it :rofl:
I was been laughed at (again) for shouting SHOOT!!! all the time - cue the free kick from 35yrds out - top corner!!! :goal:
Fantastic strike from Daniel :clap: :bow:
Very easy after that - downes and yeoman did well...but so did all 11.
Dan in the nets composed, came for crosses, handling excellent one quality save and a clean sheet. Well done lad. :clap:
All in all a lovely day out in the sunshine with the "pleasant" company of Bixieupnorth.... :~D

And I was still shouting "sort it out Hargreaves!!!" at the end.... :~D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Tamargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Tamargull »

Well done to CH and the lads. Nice to see us play with some confidence and belief. Can't help thinking though that much of the improvement is result of players playing for a contract rather than for the club.....
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Good win but it's to little to late as are new owners going back the management team?
:keepie:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

This game had it all from a Torquay prospective. Contender for miss of the season, contender for worst goal of the season and yes contender for BEST goal of the season. We even had a keeper that comes and catches crosses, of which for his age and matchday experience is outstanding. Massive well done to him, we might as well keep rice as our new number 2. 3 wins, 3 clean sheets and also under the captaincy of downes during the 3 wins....3 weeks ago at southport in the Siberian climate it was gloom and doom, but today in costa del Calderdale it shows promise for next season. Fantastic support from the gulls, I was home for 6, I have nothing but admiration for you Torbay based fans. And to top in off another week of no brucie.
Lucy
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

lucy6lucy wrote:This game had it all from a Torquay prospective. Contender for miss of the season, contender for worst goal of the season and yes contender for BEST goal of the season. We even had a keeper that comes and catches crosses, of which for his age and matchday experience is outstanding. Massive well done to him, we might as well keep rice as our new number 2. 3 wins, 3 clean sheets and also under the captaincy of downes during the 3 wins....3 weeks ago at southport in the Siberian climate it was gloom and doom, but today in costa del Calderdale it shows promise for next season. Fantastic support from the gulls, I was home for 6, I have nothing but admiration for you Torbay based fans. And to top in off another week of no brucie.
Home for 6???? :-o
You must have been thrashing it!!!! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: Home for 6???? :-o
You must have been thrashing it!!!! :rofl:
Actually it would have been 5.45 if not for the bloody 50mph limit on the M60 roadworks :lol: smart motorways my arse
Lucy
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Well done United. At last no more embarrassment. Hopefully the sign of a positive future.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Downes as skip has always been a no brainier for me - Looks like he is 3 for 3 as we have learned to say
Best part of 300 minutes without a goal against with a young keeper is terrific
Important to have a positives at the conclusion of this dreadful season
COYY
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Well done CH. Give the man a chance to have his own team for next season, for after the last three games he's shown that he knows what is needed. Dan Lavercombe is a talent for the future and hopefully worth money for the club eventually. What his form shows is the end of Martin Rice at Torquay. Interesting too the recent run of games for Ben Harding; would expect now to see him retained, if he fits into the new budget.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Forest gull wrote:Well done United. At last no more embarrassment. Hopefully the sign of a positive future.
A good win up at The Shay this afternoon but we mustn't get carried away. We didn't play particularly well in the two home games against Altrincham and Lincoln and according to the radio report, we weren't convincing today either. But a win is a win ...... or three wins is three wins. The difference seems to be the introduction of young Dan. The defenders seem to have a confidence in him that wasn't there before.

The real reason for the change of fortunes is Brucie's change of allegiance to the Grecians. What a Jonah he is ! We immediately win three games on the bounce and City ...... lose three games on the bounce ! He'll come running back next season when City are struggling and we're up amonst the front runners ! ;-)