A positive?.....(something/anything!!!)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

A positive?.....(something/anything!!!)

Post by Richinns »

Well today truly sealed it for me as being the lowest feeling in my (30+ years) of supporting the Gulls.

In this time of the almighty sh1t storm which has taken up permanent residency over TQ1 I thought I might try and start a thread where people (light-hearted if wished!) could think of a positive which might take an edge off all the doom and gloom?!

My best attempts at being positive are:

1. I think we have the best stand (Bristow's Bench) in non-league football
2. Thea has at least wiped the debt leaving us in a far better position than had she not been so generous
and
3. We can claim we are playing 'League' football again after the re-naming of the conference yesterday!:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32194854

Anymore positives out there??
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

I've often managed to impress myself by answering questions on University Challenge .....

....but this one has me stumped! ;-)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The refurbishment carried out on Plainmoor swimming pool look nice.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

1. we won't be relegated this season
2. Telford won't get the double over us next season
3. Dartford won't hold us to two mind-numbing draws next season
4. Harding, Tonge and Benyon won't be here next season
5. this season ends on April 25th - only 17 days to go
6. Brucie will be at St James Park next season. We will miss you, Brucie ...... like a toothache !! :whistle:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Another chance for Dave Thomas to big up CH in a forth coming article.
Looking forward to the positive spin!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

(cont) 7. we could very well be playing another ex-league side next season ...... Barrow !! Okay anoraks - when was the last time we played Barrow in the league ? Gee ...... I'm feeling better already !!
WestKentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by WestKentGull »

07 Feb 1970 Torquay United v Barrow D 1-1 League Division Three
WestKentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WestKentGull »

A personal positive... I'll be saving nigh-on £100 by not travelling down for the last game of the season.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Over the last 6 months we have been consistent.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

WestKentGull wrote:07 Feb 1970 Torquay United v Barrow D 1-1 League Division Three
Bliddy 'ell ....... 45 years ago !! How time flies. I bet me and Trojan were there and probably Stefano. Thanks for that bit of useless information, WestKentGull (I was going to abbreviate you to WKG but thought some might get the wrong impression !!) ;-)
WestKentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WestKentGull »

tomogull wrote: Bliddy 'ell ....... 45 years ago !! How time flies. I bet me and Trojan were there and probably Stefano. Thanks for that bit of useless information, WestKentGull (I was going to abbreviate you to WKG but thought some might get the wrong impression !!) ;-)

I was more than likely there too TG!

for all those other anoraks out there.... http://www.11v11.com/teams/torquay-unit ... osingTeams
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

WestKentGull wrote:
I was more than likely there too TG!

for all those other anoraks out there.... http://www.11v11.com/teams/torquay-unit ... osingTeams
Oh bugger ...... you've depressed me again now. ALL GAMES PLAYED ....... we've LOST 224 more than we've won (probably 225 after Saturday) :'(
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

tomogull wrote: Bliddy 'ell ....... 45 years ago !! How time flies. I bet me and Trojan were there and probably Stefano. ;-)
Would depend on day and time. If a Saturday afternoon I would have been playing. If one of our Saturday evening kick offs or midweek I would have been there.

I do clearly remember that we beat Barrow away that season back in October. I was playing at Plainmoor that afternoon and was pleased to hear over the tannoy 10 minutes into the 2nd half we were 1-0 up at half-time (no instant news in those days!), and was delighted to go in at the end to find we had won 4-0. We had also just beaten the Western League champions of that season Glastonbury 2-0 so a good day all round at Planet Plainmoor.

Has it really all been downhill since then?!!!!! ;-)
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

I have stayed away all season as it's too depressing for words and actions. So damn miserable I haven't even looked at any football anywhere for over a year. Positives? doctor says I am over the worst of gout, torn back ligaments, but still have to watch out and not get stressed as I had a bad episode heart wise. At least the clinical football depression is getting better, I think. Nice stadium, great stand (Bristows bench) and a fitting memorial to where an old, now defunct football club used to play. It'll be another Lidle, Aldi soon enough. I'm soooo happy. :'(
Oblivion!!!!
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Although Sturrock has left us, chances are he won't come back and poach any of our players. Oh just realised that's not good news.