Retained list

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

If a contracted player wants out then surely the best they can achieve now is to be put on the transfer list and wait for another club to make an offer. Bowman is recovering from an injury at present so maybe the player is Young who has failed to reclaim his place since returning from suspension. No doubt all will be revealed soon!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

forevertufc wrote: Have heard in private, don't know how true it is that Ajala has got offers from others clubs and wants out, we'll soon see if that's true or not, rumours elsewhere that Bowman wants out as well, that would be a huge blow, the only forward we've got that looks as if he's got 20 goals a season in him, and it's all very well saying , yes but he's conference at best, but who are the club going to replace him with, somebody of League 2 standard, no, that would be a pipedream.
That will be bad news if Ajala decides to leave. He's only on a one year contract so will be able to leave of course. Not really surprised if Bowman wants away. He hasn't looked happy for several weeks but then, when does he ever look happy ?? He seems to be a bit of a nomad - never stays at a club for more than a season or two. Although I'm not a particular fan of Bowman, you're right - it will be difficult to find a striker likely to score 20 goals in a season. In fact, if he leaves we will need to find two forwards likely to get a few goals. Has anyone heard when the retained list is likely to be announced ?
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Not good if either Ajala or Bowman leaves. Yes, Bowman has had his critics this season but at least he has hit the net fairly consistently. Compare that with last season when our top scorer had 5! Ajala, i think, with decent coaching and encouragement will only get better. Both would be a loss in my opinion.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

Shame about big Duanne. Would have liked to have kept him. A really amiable fella and had potential. Wish him all the best for the future, both in his private life and on the football field.

Hope you are wrong about Toby & Ryan, Forever. People criticise Ryan (and Toby) but I think you are right. Where are we going to get a 20+ goalscorer from? We are a non-league side, after all. As for Toby. It will be a blow, IMHO, if we lose him. A talented player.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

If the issue is wages-as it inevitably is,surely these players should be waiting to see what the new owners are going to do in terms of investment in the playing budget next year.If no additional funds are available for wages for our better players then I won't blame them for wanting to move;but it seems premature to decide they want to go now,without finding out what the new owners will be offering.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

What I posted regards is only something seen elsewhere that I've re-posted, Toby Ajala info I've heard second hand so all needs to be treated as nothing more than speculation. Agreed re; wages, that could be a problem.
Formerly known as forevertufc
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Nothing against you forever, but its classic speculation over drive time of year now!

Once saturdays final game is done, the rumor mill will be unlocked and switched on!

Keeps us entertained over the dull months :engflag:
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Indeed it is Roar, but it does keep us entertained over the summer months, I'm all for it, speculate away. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I wouldn't worry too much about Ajala if he goes.

Sure, he is a talented player but look at the circumstances we signed him under - he was a triallist who had been released by Welling the season before. Who would have thought that he'd turn out to be half decent?

What I'm saying is if Ajala goes, we move on and just sign the "next" Ajala. OK so that easier said than done, but certainly when it comes to wingers there are players out there who will be in our price range
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Did anyone watch the FA Trophy final a few weeks ago?

Jason St.Juste for North Ferriby was a very tricky winger and would be a hit for us. I'd say he looks better than Ajala.

If Bowman and Ajala are unhappy, that speaks volumes for the real atmosphere in the camp. Hargreaves has obviously done a good job at bringing harmony to the squad.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Unhappy players may want to move because they fail to settle. Homesickness may be a bigger problem than wages or "discord in the dressing room".

Just saying, like.

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Benyon and Tonge now gone.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Not surprised at all by these two. Both huge disappointments over the last two years given their wages and previous experience. Benyon's career has had a shocking decline since he moved to Swindon - at every Club he's been at, not just us.

Looking forward to when Saturday has been and gone and the rest can be released as well.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by SWgull »

Benyon has done nothing since his return, I wish him luck in the future but I am particularly glad to see him off our wage bill.