F.A Trophy semi final 2nd leg v Wrexham

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Dave_Pougher wrote: Agreed, but when you take into consideration the probable £1k+ a week he's probably on he should be able to take it and not react to the people who pay it, it's called being professional.

You call me just about anything you want for less than half of that a week!
I doubt very much Angus is on that much. The only players probably on £1k plus per week are a handful of Knill's signings who will all be offloaded in the summer. I'm certainly not defending his foul-mouthed outburst though. We have too many players who throw their toys out of the pram instead of rolling up their sleeves and getting the job done.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Oh, and a quick thank you to the group of three or four brain donors at the end of Bristow's Bench who sat there sulking at the end of the match and refused to stand up to allow others to leave, forcing people to climb over seats or head in the other direction in order to leave. Idiots!
TUST member 203
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well what an absolute disgrace that was - I have been going for 53 years and that was the WORST performance I have ever seen. It was a semi final for gods sake - we were totally inept.
I did see Macdonald being pulled away from the popside by Downes - didn't have a clue what was going on. However if did say what was reported he should be sacked immediately.
His mind should have been focused on the game whatever the score. Same with Rice - Constantly bickering with fans behind the goal in the first half.
Hargreaves "nobody died" comment in the interview was just ridiculous as well.
We are fourteenth in a crap league. We have had a dream route tol the semis. Were inept in thefirst leg - got away with it, yet were even more inept in the second leg. Its time for Hargreaves to go.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Another poor result and performance. Since CH took over I m really struggling to recall a game that I came away from thinking we are making some sort of progress. If I could see progress being made even if we lost then I could take it. This to me is an all time low being a supporter and more worryingly I cannot see much to be positive about. Have we hit rock bottom?? Serious changes have to be made.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Dave_Pougher wrote: Agreed, but when you take into consideration the probable £1k+ a week he's probably on he should be able to take it and not react to the people who pay it, it's called being professional.

You call me just about anything you want for less than half of that a week!

I can guarantee you he's not on nowhere near that figure.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I can recall Chris Robertson losing it with someone in the popside a few years ago.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Blimey, it must have been bad - even the Official Site is in despair. Mind you, it now seems easier to understand the reaction of my greatest pal (no, not brucie) a few weeks ago when he too publicly shouted at (in today's politically correct speak this is called 'abuse') the popside 'fans'.
Blimey, it must have been bad - brucie said that it was the worst he'd seen in 53 years; well, there have been some real shockers over that time (last season's 0-1 defeat at home to Accrington being among them) - but the worst ever....whew... thank God I wasn't there....
bornagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: matt elliot

Post by bornagull »

I'm so mad, I just had to add my penny worth . No passion from the first whistle, most of our team didn't even get their kit dirty. Surely this total waste of a Saturday must be down to the manager. Let's face it the performances for months have been dire. CH said today that the boys gave their all ,well he was watching a different game from me. I have never been a fan of sacking a manager but I have lost all faith in CH , a great player he was ,a poor manager he is .
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

SBP wrote:I can recall Chris Robertson losing it with someone in the popside a few years ago.

He did -and offered a 60+ year old out after the match !!

I can understand that it is not easy to hear people criticise you, that would grind anyone's gears and bring down the red mist, but resorting to aggressive behaviour is not what should be expected from a professional, who offers his services for money to entertain.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well heres my ratings out of ten:

Rice - Woeful flapper. Poor distribution. The free kick for the crucual first goal landed about three yards inside the six yard box centrally. Rice was flapping around - didn't even get off the ground. Another gift and the game was gone. Hopeless as ever 0/10

Googly - Pedestrian garlic muncher 0/10

Macdonald - Non league clodhopper with a desperately short fuse. Is he better than Pearce? - no chance 0/10

Downes - Ok until someone runs at him, then he is found out 0/10

Ives - Won't sign a contarct but why? - won't be a premier league player in a million years. Struggling at this level - Cruise would be better if fit. Poor today 0/10

Ajala - didn't come off for Toby today but was subbed when there were ten other more useless players on the pith. At least he tries 3/10

Young - gone downhill quicker than Franz Klammer - appeared to give up in the second half - Unforgivable 0/10

Richards - Another player who at least seems to care 3/10

McGerkin - totally out of position on the wing 0/10

Bowman - Absolutely useless 0/10

Campbell - Absolutely useless 0/10

Hargreaves - left out Pearce for some reason. Maybe could have gone for McGerkin at right back allowing us to play Reid or Chappell on the wing. Bought on Briscoe who surely had to go up front but played on the wing. Leaves Bowman on despite being useless every game. Terrible after match comments. 0/10

Hodges - Big eared muppet who doesn't appear to do anything 0/10

Veysey - supposed to be the goalkeeping coach but Rice makes the same mistakes week in week out 0/10
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

That was an insult to every Torquay supporter who paid their hard earned money to attend today.
I was at Wrexham last week and based on the two performances none of the Torquay players who set foot on either pitch should have anything to be proud of.
Are any of them worth keeping? They've got 13 league games left to prove themselves.Losing by 4 goals over two legs to a side as average as Wrexham says a lot about where we are now.
As a season ticket holder it's going to take some motivating to turn up to the remaining home games especially the Tuesday night games.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Real shame the performance was so bad we had around 2,900 home fans there today I doubt many will return

I heard a lot of people say it, such a shame
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Brucie your brutal
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

supergulls wrote:Brucie your brutal
But bang on the money!

I'm still seething.... :@
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Burnhamgull wrote: But bang on the money!

I'm still seething.... :@
I bet you wish it had been postponed..... :-/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468