F.A Trophy semi final 2nd leg v Wrexham

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

I really thought we would be up for this one, the chance to play at Wembley and win a trophy, but no we've been awful. Apparently the team are arguing amongst themselves and the fans are furious. Hargreaves has some serious work to do.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

And the best part? There's still 15 minutes to go.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

yellowsmiffy wrote:Well I've had enough of this sh*t. We are pathetic and most of us expected this toothless inept boll*cks from the team. I won't be paying to see another any more of this season that's for sure.

This just serves to highlight how utterly deluded some of our fans on this forum are who think we still should have been considering playoffs as a possibility. Wake up ffs, we are utter garbage, our manager is utter garbage and will be lucky to finish in the top 2/3rds. Today was the last opportunity to make something out of our season and it's gone.
Completely agree, any hope of a play-off place vanished months ago. If we can't get ourselves fired up for this match then what hope is there?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Pointing out where our priorities should lay is far from deluded. Enjoy your day out at Wembley...................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

The question has to be asked,

WTF do this bunch of "professionals" do all week? Certainly isn't tactical training.
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Smiffy is spot on, dire performance, everything about it was aimless. Completely devoid of tactics.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

CH giving the crowd grief speaks volumes
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Sounds like Richards has had a complete mare
TUST MEMBER
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Breed and Fleet remarked on how we seem incapable of falling back to a plan b when our original game plan doesn't work. It's the problem we've had all season and it looks as though nothing has been done to address this.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Full time. I seem to be thinking this after a lot of games this season but that was one of the worst performances I've ever heard from a Torquay side. It's difficult to put into words how appalling we are.
Last edited by Orange Gull on 28 Feb 2015, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

Just got in... I've never left a game early before, not even the last of last season against Wycombe, but that was probably even more diabolical. The first half was bad but going in at 0-0 we had a chance and should have come out fired up, but the second half was even worse. Clueless, inept, shambolic rubbish.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Well this is the first time Ive criticised Hargreaves. I wasn't there so Im relying on the commentary, but I think given what Ive heard it is safe to say the players were NOT fired up for this. Even if these players are not good enough, and for me I really dont know if they are or not BUT they should have been fired up and at least gone for it hell for leather. That's Hargreaves job to make sure they go onto the field fired up, and it just wasn't the case. So Im now having doubts whether he can actually do the job at all, it really doesn't sound like he can.
TUST MEMBER
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Dave_Pougher wrote:CH giving the crowd grief speaks volumes
Well he sat in the comfort of a television studio only a little over 12 months ago and said, "Something's got to change."

He was probably right although it was the most blatant job application I have ever seen when there wasn't even a vacancy.

Well he got the job and was given two targets. (1) Keep us up; and (2) -If number 1 was not achieved - Get us back up.

Now I am no expert, but from the comfort of my home office (after several years working in Italy Scotland v Italy was more important to me today) I can confidently say, "Something has to change".

It's ok. I don't want the job! ;-)
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

I just got back from the game and Hargreaves definately and i say DEFINATELY is not the MESSIAH. What a pile of well seasoned manure our squad played like and the substitutions were amazing!!! Still dont understand the team selection, my last game this season sick of wasting hard earned cash watching shi*e.
Last edited by yellowmonkey on 28 Feb 2015, 17:07, edited 1 time in total.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

If you are as old as me you will have seen quite few dire displays and this ranks down there with the worst of them.

Even a couple of seasons ago when we went 0 - 3 down to Aldershot just after half time, we didn't give up and, with a bit of good fortune we turned it round. We did the same decades before when Lincoln (who were in a lower division than us at the time) were winning 3 - 0 in an FA cup tie. What happens today? We huff and puff for three quarters of the match, give away a soft goal and capitulate.

Where is the team spirit, where is the galvanising effect of a manager inspiring his team?