Why has the number of people posting gone down

General chat about anything else goes here.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Why has the number of people posting gone down

Post by Neal »

Ok it could well be to do with results. But... previously during the Roberts period things weren't exactly great and the forum was alive.

In fact this period, although the results are poor, is quite interesting. Well it is for me. Yes the club is at one of its lowest ebbs, but surely real fans should be interested and offering their views on how we get out of it.

I do believe its an interesting period, and to be a part of it is for me good fun. Perhaps Im just odd :-/
TUST MEMBER
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

During the Roberts era they was something to rail against, people were angry and upset and wanted to vent.
No there just seems to be a general feeling of 'meh, what's the point'. There is no obvious thing to get people riled up. The Chairman is a lovely person who helped save us from oblivion, can't criticise there. The manager is have a tough time and some are criticising but many are still waiting and seeing. Some players are underperforming but still not much to really get angry about. There just seems to be a general malaise about the place.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Indifference I would guess. We're crap so what's the point?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I concur with "Phil" and "Russian" in that I think there is a far bit of apathy at the moment and people are just wondering what the point is.
There are only so many times people that post about how shit we are after all (though there are some posters who do seem to enjoy saying that exact thing every week....)

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Hardly need for Rumour Mill or Yellow Army pages anymore and The Popside should be re-named "The Gullscorer Side"-and we all know what side that is!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:Hardly need for Rumour Mill or Yellow Army pages anymore and The Popside should be re-named "The Gullscorer Side"-and we all know what side that is!

Side or position? I have him down for missionary ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Has anyone else been receiving protection warnings that the 'site is unsafe' ? If yes, that could be the reason. On the other hand, it could be just my computer. It's been doing all sorts of strange things since Christmas ..........
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I would run some decent malware detection software if I was you mate. Update and scan with something like Malwarebytes as the site is perfectly secure.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Surely gullscorer wouldn't be any side or position until a consent form was signed in triplicate. ;-)
Formerly known as forevertufc
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Because Austrian Andy 'departed' ? OK I know he hasn't disappeared completely , but he used to provoke debate whether you liked him or hated him ! Other regular posters departed because they got ridiculed. It pays to have a tough exterior in here sometimes !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Interesting question! As others have said it is probably an apathy thing, many have lost patience and given up on TUFC in general or at least put them on the back burner. Some have probably given up as there were a few clash of personalities and a bit of nastiness was creeping in. The Andy factor as Taxilady brought up has also made a difference as he definitely kept the subjects on the forums ticking over at times, whether some like it or not. I have even had a look for on him on a couple of York City forums just to see if he gives them the same entertaining input but I just found their sites either werent running properly or hardly had any posts, they were quite crap in fact. This forums content is still very good. :-D

From a personal point of view - I read the forums at regular intervals every single day without fail, every single post, I dont miss out any. I dont post much as many things that others say is exactly how I feel so I would just be repeating the same thing. However, at one time I was a lot more compelled to join in and there were moments of good debate and dare I say banter, it was quite good fun. :~D

Due to the direction our beloved club has taken and possibly the frustration we feel, especially because its things we have no control over and we cant do sod all about it, much of the forum has been filled with negativity and at times a bit of bile, so it isnt as much fun anymore. Sometimes there are things I want to say but dont bother because I cant be arsed to get into it with anyone, it does seem as though if you have a different opinion to some you get shot down. I can take a lot of $h1t, I dont get bothered by anything, I have very broad shoulders and dont really get offended by anything. However I dont always convey properly what I am trying to say in my writing and I hold better conversation about football in person, Im not going to waste my time spending ages writing something and then have it picked at and then have to write explanations and it goes back and forward and yes once people get what Im saying it gets sorted but I cant be arsed. Some on here are a bit touchy, very opinionated, a bit know it all and just dying to pick someone apart. :no:

I dont feel much qualified to comment on the actual football of late anyway as I havent seen the team for a while as I have other commitments. I work Tuesday evenings so those games are out, Saturday is my day off but I have all the other things in life going on, Saturdays its just me and my son but he wont come with me to watch football, I catch up with little jobs at home and also at the moment all my spare time is being consumed by exercise as I attempt to get my fat ass in shape (8 stone down, 3 to go). Money is a bit of an issue, justifying it, our ticket prices are a bit high for non league football, I dont care what any of you say against that. :na:

I also have issues with football in general at the moment and in some ways have fallen out of love with it a bit, if I started writing about it, some of my issues with TUFC in particular I woud probably end up getting into it with a few people too much and it would take up too much time. I cant be arsed. Some seem too content to stick up for the club/team with the rose tinted glasses on and make excuses for them, you wouldnt like what I am saying so I have to be content with having a rant to the missus about it even though she hasnt got a clue what Im on about. For me to get into it and post as much as I would end up doing would take up too much of my precious time, this post has took too long already. :}

I have put TUFC on the back burner a bit, but dont think I dont still love the club, they are my team, and I am just as p1$$ed off and feel the pain as much as everybody else. :scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The problem is, it's at times like this, in seasons like this, that clubs need their supporters more than ever. It's understandable that many fall by the wayside, the fair weather friends, in these circumstances, so it's up to all true supporters to make an extra little effort in whatever way they can, to help keep the club going, whether financially or perhaps volunteering or to drag a friend or neighbour along to a match. I suppose the reduced number of posts on this forum is a reflection of the general situation around Plainmoor, but we must all do what we can, if we want a future for professional football in Torquay.
KingsteigntonYellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by KingsteigntonYellow »

I lurk because I don't have anything to contribute. Football is really dull for me at the moment and I'm just waiting for something good to come out of TUFC. Ever since the team lost form after going on that crazy winning streak things have just gotten so...mediocre.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Does anyone know where Matt(ferrarilover) is? Not seen many posts of his of late. He used to post a lot of things I agreed with, and liked hearing about TULFC from him.