Rovers fan in piece

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Upthegas
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Lee mansell lol

Rovers fan in piece

Post by Upthegas »

How are we finding the conference? I for one think that when people say the conference is not to much different to league two are wrong. I think the standard in this league is awful. We ain't great but we are 3rd... ( not sure how! ) I know most of you didn't rate Mansell but he's an excellent leader for us and a Good player in my opinion. Where do you think you'll finish this season? I think we'll be 4th and you 5th which could mean we'd meet in the play off final if I'm right...

Anyway on to Boxing Day game, club have said we've sold 700 as of yesterday so I expect a 1,000 or so will travel which isn't bad with no trains and with it being on Boxing Day. What sort of crowd are we looking at? 3,000ish? I'd defiantly take a point as long as we get all 3 in the return fixture the week after ( hate this conference fixture rubbish, I don't see the point?) but at least with it being on Boxing Day you haven't gotta worry about Rovers fans being in your end!

New Years day game.. I was hoping we had you away on this fixtures so we could stay over New Years eve for a few nights, ever since we took over torquay in 2012 it's been Boxing Day which is very annoying because our fans love a torquay weekend and then Devon arms pub! Anyway how many fans you expecting? Should be a 6,000 plus gate depending on our results from now till then but our home record is fairly strong so I'd expect the win

All the best over the Christmas period.. What a exciting week we could have.. And eh you never know we might see you again in May!

Regards
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

how many pieces are you in?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Lee Mansell was a good player and a strong leader for us over several seasons. Last season went pear shaped for the whole team, thanks mainly to the ineffective management of Alan Knill. Like most of our players, Lee did not have a good season. There were rumours of rifts between some of the players and the manager. I think it was right for Lee to move on to face a fresh challenge and it's good to see he's doing well with Rovers. Another long serving and popular player, Kevin Nicholson, also moved on (to Kidderminster) and he's having a better season with them.

As for the Conference, we have previous experience of course and knew what to expect ! Differences this time is that I don't recall such ridiculous fixture arrangements as this season or so many poor match officials. As last time when we were down in the Conference, there were a handful of teams that were quite useful and several teams near the bottom who were weak. Up to now, I've thought Grimsby, Gateshead and Forest Green have looked good sides. Barnet will be up there due to the 'no nonsense' style of football Martin Allen plays. Boxing Day? Yes - I'd guess a gate of about 3000, depending on weather. But you've got it wrong - we will win at Plainmoor and draw at your place ........ :goal:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Been said above really, Mansell was a great servant and good player for us, he was popular over his time I would say, however last season things went really stale for him, a player who probably just over stayed his welcome, he needed a move and glad it's worked out for him, in way think it has for us as well.

As for the conference, again it's been said, we've been here before and knew what was coming, at the moment I'm not sure whether the standard has changed that much over the five years we had back in the league, their seems to be more part time,, but they seem better, see Woking/Halifax etc. Judging by our season, wouldn't surprise me if you won at ours, and we get you back a week later at the mem.. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
gurneygibbs23
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: jean pierre simb

Post by gurneygibbs23 »

Mansell had 2 good seasons at best. Crap aside of that.

Can't say I miss his awful distribution. He had 2 abysmal seasons since the 13!!!(freak) goal season.

Thankfully he went and we have luke young, MASSIVE difference.

I reckon we will draw at plainmoor and win at rovers, like last season
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

If Brucie is anything to go by then you don't have a cats in hells chance of drawing or beating us with Rice in goal!!! Joking aside I can only comment on the Lee Mansell that I have seen this season and that is a player who had no problem settling into a "big" club and by that I mean playing in front of 6,000 "expectant fans" and playing consistently well and in all honesty should definitely be captain.
Must say that on current form I think we can get a point on Boxing Day and beat you comfortably at our place but who knows in this league the referees can play a big part in the final score because they are so poor in general. It all depends who plays well on the day but recent games between the two sides have been close affairs and I believe that the last two games at Plainmoor have been draws so I am sure that is where the Bookies money will go for Boxing Day.
Upthegas
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Lee mansell lol

Post by Upthegas »

We've sold just shy of 900 with 400 left which I find is strange as thought we normally got 1,550 allocation
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Upthegas wrote:We've sold just shy of 900 with 400 left which I find is strange as thought we normally got 1,550 allocation
1,100 standing and 500 seats for away fans usually,yes.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote: 1,100 standing and 500 seats for away fans usually,yes.
probably a massive, unnecessary, divide on Bristows Bench between home and away fans
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I see 1,100 behind the goal and 500 seats in the bench quoted on the ground guide for Painmoor, not sure who wrote that, but I do not think those figures are near correct. Bristow's Bench has 450 away seats, The stand behind the goal has never housed more than 1,000 as far as I know, which I thought was reduced to 900 after the wall collapsed a couple of seasons ago, was League cup game v reading.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/I ... story.html
Formerly known as forevertufc
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:how many pieces are you in?
Hey!! That's my joke. You nicked it lol. :lol: :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

More like Rovers fan in pieces after the Bath debacle.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

1,050 in the away end, 500 in the bench