Durrell Berry

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:Got a mention in todays Herald Express but without details of how to pledge.
There will be a full story in the western morning news on Sat or Sunday!! :)
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Like I said on Monday:
Now, if 2000 fans each donated £10 to help along a contract for Durrell, might that not be a shrewd bit of business?
Thanks to Roar, the ball is rolling and £370 pledged so far. :-D

A great start. Just need to keep up the momentum ...

COYY
TUST member 200 ;-)
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

forevertufc wrote:Simply because, one; We do not know what the official target is, all very well someone saying £2,000 should do it, is that figure correct ? Two; We do not know whether club will even accept the money, if Berry is asking for wages well above any wage structure put in place at the club, the club may not want this regardless of it being crowd funded. We are all aware, our money would be returned.

As said, I've got nothing but respect for PlainmoorRoar for doing this, but it's over to the club now. Does Chris Hargreaves still want to sign Durrell Berry ? How much money do we actually have to raise, is the target achievable ? Will the club accept the money if the target is reached ?

Really straight forward decision for the club to take here, if £2,000 is a genuine target, all the club have to do is publicly back this, judging by the amount already raised, can not see Roar having any problem raising the money.
Forever puts it more succinctly than I could. This is a great initiative by PR and I will certainly be willing to add to the total. But we need to have answers to the questions Forever has asked before pressing on with this appeal. To be honest, I would have thought the Board would have bitten off PR's hand for this offer but nothing seems to be forthcoming so far so maybe other options are being considered.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Maybe they don't want another Billy Bodin type scenario to occur....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

tomogull wrote: Forever puts it more succinctly than I could. This is a great initiative by PR and I will certainly be willing to add to the total. But we need to have answers to the questions Forever has asked before pressing on with this appeal. To be honest, I would have thought the Board would have bitten off PR's hand for this offer but nothing seems to be forthcoming so far so maybe other options are being considered.
thanks for more comments guys, i've exchanged emails with Thea and a small quote from it:

"fantastic to see Torquay United supporters galvanised in such a way to help the club"

The plan i believe is for the idea to be discussed at the board meeting, which i hope is sooner rather than later so, as mentioned above, the momentum can continue!

Like to see us get over the £400 mark over the weekend, remember guys that if the target isn't met your pledges are returned!

If people can keep tweeting it and sharing it that would also be great, look out for a write up in Sundays Western Morning News online and in paper which should be a good boost!

:scarf:

RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

A little closer..
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

A little closer..
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

A little closer..
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

A little closer..
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

A little closer..
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

A little closer..
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

A little closer..
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

think you might have pressed the post button a few times there Russian! But thanks a lot for the pledge!

1 more £10 and we are into the £400's!

A bad loss today but lets not lose the TUFC fan spirit!

:scarf:

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

It's a shame that us fans are trying to raise wages for berry, when the other players don't give a f in shit about the club. I feel for the club. It's a dark time. Wonder if the likes of downes, tougne and Harding give a shit if berry stays at the club. Sorry
Lucy
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

lucy6lucy wrote:It's a shame that us fans are trying to raise wages for berry, when the other players don't give a f in sh*t about the club. I feel for the club. It's a dark time. Wonder if the likes of downes, tougne and Harding give a sh*t if berry stays at the club. Sorry
the problem is money lucy. too much even at L2/conference.

berry is on the way up - those you mention are on the way down and are trying to hold onto as much money as possible (like mansell/nicho did)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468