Danny Sullivan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Danny Sullivan

Post by tomogull »

Just been reading on the 'other side' that Sullivan is going on a month's loan at Hereford. Considering the turmoil and shenanigans that's been going on there, I'm very, very surprised the club would even consider talking to Hereford at the present time. I can't see playing with a team cobbled together of journeymen will do anything to further Sullivan's footballing career.

Apparently, a complaint has been lodged about the loan but the contract has been signed so it's a done deal. Surprisingly, it is reported that neither Andy Candy nor our vice chairman (name escapes me) knew about the shady happenings at Edgar Street.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Reported where?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Matt, reported Jon, on another TU related forum.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

The one where everyone thinks everyone else is a massive racist, or the other one?

Matt.

Either way, it doesn't matter. Candy is a football man and to suggest that he knew nothing of one of the most publicised incidents in non-league football over the past few years is bordering on defamatory.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

As far as his football experience is concerned, what matters is what happens on the pitch and the training ground.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

ferrarilover wrote:The one where everyone thinks everyone else is a massive racist, or the other one?

Matt.

Either way, it doesn't matter. Candy is a football man and to suggest that he knew nothing of one of the most publicised incidents in non-league football over the past few years is bordering on defamatory.
The other one, the TFF, A thread actually named Sullivan to Hereford, not sure whether I can put a link up.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Hmmmm, Just had a look at that. Didnt realise things were that bad there. Hereford fans certainly have my sympathy. Makes R*b***s sound like an upstanding citizen.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

ferrarilover wrote:The one where everyone thinks everyone else is a massive racist, or the other one?

Matt.

My computer 'skills limitation' don't allow me to add a link but it's on the Torquay Fans Forum site (Torquayfansforum.co.uk). As Forever posted, Jon (whoever he is) started the thread and he met with Andrew Candy and Simon Baker after the Wrexham match. He says that nobody at the club were aware of the seriousness of the problems at Hereford. I was surprised at that. Anyway, the club are closely monitoring the situation (according to 'Jon') so I doubt that the loan will be extended beyond the month.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Just because they are in a right mess doesn't mean that sullivan shouldn't be there, unless you are talking about whether it is morally right to send him there, which is a different issue.

Half my family are Hereford fans so I have been following the debacle rather closely. They have rightly boycotted until it's resolved one way or another. However Hereford are still playing games every week and there's no reason to believe sullivan isn't going to play, and maybe a spell at a dodgy club will be the spur he needs to develop further.

As for morality, I would rather we didn't loan anyone to them at all until agombar has left and the club is in the hands of someone decent.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

One hopes they still have sufficient liability insurance to cover any injuries that may occur?
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Agombar failed the fit and proper persons test. He isn't supposed to have anything to do with the club but someone gave him a season ticket and it is rumoured that he is still sticking his beak in. People are still not being paid, and attendances are shocking. Sullivan may get game time but I can't imagine that it will do much for his confidence.

Kidderminster have given permission for Hereford fans to protest at their televised game against Welling.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Players there are sleeping in a bar in one of the stands. Hope Sully isn't.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Kit_robin wrote:Just because they are in a right mess doesn't mean that sullivan shouldn't be there, unless you are talking about whether it is morally right to send him there, which is a different issue.

Half my family are Hereford fans so I have been following the debacle rather closely. They have rightly boycotted until it's resolved one way or another. However Hereford are still playing games every week and there's no reason to believe sullivan isn't going to play, and maybe a spell at a dodgy club will be the spur he needs to develop further.

As for morality, I would rather we didn't loan anyone to them at all until agombar has left and the club is in the hands of someone decent.
:-D

I actually like, or used to like, Hereford as a club. I've been to Edgar Street a couple of times and both times I found it to be a friendly club. I am very, very sorry that the club is being shafted and feel gutted for the fans. Personally, I'm not happy about the loan on two counts - 1. the morality of sending one of our players to a club where allegations of wrong doings are rife and 2. I don't think it will help Sullivan one little bit being at a club in such turmoil where morale amongst the rag-tag collection of players persuaded to play for them must be rock bottom as it is reported they haven't been paid for a couple of weeks.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Sunnysideup wrote:One hopes they still have sufficient liability insurance to cover any injuries that may occur?
Players are privately insured. Public liability would be a separate issue, but wouldn't necessarily cover players.

Matt.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

I read in today's Herald Express that Sullivan's loan at Hereford has been extended until January. Personally, this loan leaves a nasty taste - I don't think we should have anything to do with Hereford under their (allegedly) crooked regime. Yet they are allowed to play in Conference South and are picking up points and Danny is getting more game experience than he would at Plainmoor. And presumably Danny is happy to stay at Hereford. Anyone got strong views, either way, on this arrangement?