Torquay United v Wrexham - Saturday 4th October 2014 - 3pm

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Torquay United v Wrexham - Saturday 4th October 2014 - 3pm

Post by Colorado Gull »

My sincere apologies to you all, but I've been so busy at sixth form this week (and will be this weekend) I haven't been able to do any sort of Matchday thread for the forum and main site (I will post a very mini one later).

This will be a tough game for United, we seem to be in a bad spell at the moment. Richards will be out for this one along with Downes, but Toby Ajala will make his return. Briscoe and Cameron were both woeful against FGR, so I'd like to see them both replaced by Chappell and Ajala. Our defence is all over the place, we need to get that sorted out.

Rice

Tonge
MacDonald
Pearce
Cruise

Chappell
Wakefield
Young
Ajala

Bowman
Yeoman

Substitutes
Seabright
Hutchings
Briscoe
Cameron
Sullivan

As for the visiting side: their welsh.

Get behind the lads, they really need it and it's important for them to know we are still behind them!

COYY.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Looking forward to this, missed a few games of late but will be there for tomorrows game, going to be tough, but aren't they all in reality, as Danny says get behind the team, and hopefully back to winning ways.
Formerly known as forevertufc
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Unfortunately, Duane is also unavailable for this game, as he picked up a one-game suspension at FGR for a fifth booking.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

If CH sticks with 4/4/2 I'd go with.

Rice
Tonge
Pearce
McDonald
Cruise

Briscoe
Young
Wakefield
Cameron

Bowman
Yeoman
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

A Realist wrote:If CH sticks with 4/4/2 I'd go with.

Rice
Tonge
Pearce
McDonald
Cruise

Briscoe
Young
Wakefield
Cameron

Bowman
Yeoman
The other possible alternative is to play Briscoe up front with Bowman and bring in Ajala in midfield. On balance, I'd like to see Yeoman given a chance but he really has to show he can do the business.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Don't really see much point in going for Yeoman or Benyon. They are proven strikers - sadly, they are proven to not be quite good enough and we are probably better off playing Briscoe...or even Seabright, there.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I would slip Cruise to central defence, bring in Ives and play Pearce up alongside Bowman. Madman or Genius ?
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

MellowYellow wrote:I would slip Cruise to central defence, bring in Ives and play Pearce up alongside Bowman. Madman or Genius ?
MadMan
Cruise hates heading a ball and we are now in a league where the oppo love to bang it long and as far as I'm aware Ives is unavailable and is in Ireland with the u19s
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

MellowYellow wrote:I would slip Cruise to central defence, bring in Ives and play Pearce up alongside Bowman. Madman or Genius ?
MadMan
Cruise hates heading a ball and we are now in a league where the oppo love to bang it long and as far as I'm aware Ives is unavailable and is in Ireland with the u19s
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

You'd play a left back at centre back, an untried left back at left back and a centre back at centre forward, all to avoid playing a centre forward at centre forward.

That's like needing milk and buying a dairy farm instead of going to the corner shop.

Yeoman will do fine. Given half a chance he scores goals. He's not much of a footballer, but he knows where the net is. Can't ask much more of a Conference striker.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

hector wrote:Don't really see much point in going for Yeoman or Benyon. They are proven strikers - sadly, they are proven to not be quite good enough and we are probably better off playing Briscoe...or even Seabright, there.

Has Yeoman ever been given an extended run in the side?

I believe given the chance he will score goals and CH obviously thinks he was good enough to be offered a contract in the summer.
TUST No 278
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Yeoman is the only choice today for me.

Not the worlds greatest footballer, but he can finish and will work bloody hard. Plus, if I recall he's not played more than a handful of minutes alongside Bowman this season. You never know, they might work out as a handy partnership
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Rice
Tonge Pearce MacDonald Cruise
Ajala Wakefield Young Cameron
Briscoe Bowman

I think that's what I'd go for. Yeoman was of course the obvious option up top, but I'd actually quite like to see how Briscoe goes there. He's not the paciest but he seems to have a powerful shot that is perhaps wasted a little on the wing. He looks like a goalscorer to me, and I'd give him that chance. If it's not working then there's always the option to shuffle the pack and bring off one of Cameron/Ajala/Briscoe for Yeoman.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Danny
Were you at the game on Tuesday. Briscoe was no worse than any of the rest of them Given that he has been out for quite a while he needs a run of games to get back up to match fitness. if he doesn't get that run how on earth do you expect him to do that. take a pinch of fairy dust? I was at the match and I thought he did ok.
I can only imagine that your one of the blinkered few who also tell us Rice never comes out of his area. When I saw him come out several times. He is much more commanding than he used to be. But he is only as good as the defense in front of him. one or two forgot their team formation on Tuesday. Rice wasnt to blame for their goal right in front of us. It was the defender who should have been marking him. he was so totaly alone he might as well have had a table and chairs with tea waiting on it for him as all he had to do was sit there waiting for the ball. No attacker should be allowed to poach a goal like that.
Taxi lady was with me too. it was she who also commented on Rice coming out of his area. so I am not the only one.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Can't agree with you that the first goal wasn't Rice fault, in part at least. The Parry from the first shot was very weak.

I can agree about Briscoe though, I actually thought he was one of the better players at FGR, and could do with a little run of games to get up to speed.

I do think Yeoman should start. As someone said above, he has never had a run and if he isn't going to get it ever, he should be released. Every time he has played a game or two in a row, he has scored, and he looked lively when he came on on Tuesday.