AFC Telford United v Torquay United - Saturday 27th Sept

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

ferrarilover wrote:It was a group of Green Street wannabes trying desperately hard to look as though they really wanted a fight with about 3 Telford fans. If they'd been that fussed, all that stopped them was a barrier that my dear old Nan could have hurdled, even in her best frock. What they really wanted was for everyone to applaud their mental and physical fortitude. It was deeply embarrassing for them personally, it reflected badly on us as a club and it made us look a right tin-pot outfit. I mean, who the f*** is bothered enough about Telford, who are, if we're honest, a pub side, to want to have it out with a couple of their fans?

I hope we get Millwall away in the Cup...

Matt.
:goodpost: just a shame the pub team beat us. Where is green street incidentally?
Lucy
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Telford are a pub side who beat us. No excuses - it doesn't matter who we have beaten and how many minutes we havn't conceded a goal for.
So they wound us up? - well it worked didn't it? Players getting sent off for no apparent good reason. Downes has had a good season so getting himself sent off in the ninety second minute is just ludicrous.
At least Pearce will get a long overdue game.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Who was the guy from Torquay that lead both of the players off when sent off. He looked like a YTS apprentice on his first day at work(except his age)?
Lucy
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

lucy6lucy wrote: Where is green street incidentally?
Where it is, is irrelevant. Where it leads to and ends is an anonymous lane near the village of Rettendon in Essex.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Trojan 67 wrote: Where it is, is irrelevant. Where it leads to and ends is an anonymous lane near the village of Rettendon in Essex.
Point taken
Green Street
For the actual street, see Green Street, London. For other uses, see Green Street (disambiguation).
Green Street

DVD cover
Directed by Lexi Alexander
Produced by Donald Zuckerman
Deborah Del Prete
Screenplay by Lexi Alexander
Dougie Brimson
Josh Shelov
Story by Lexi Alexander
Dougie Brimson
Starring Elijah Wood
Charlie Hunnam
Claire Forlani
Leo Gregory
Narrated by Sam Gibson
Music by Christopher Franke
Cinematography Alexander Buono
Edited by Paul Trejo
Production
company
OddLot Entertainment
Distributed by Universal Pictures (UK)
Freestyle Releasing (US)
Release dates
9 September 2005
Running time 109 minutes
Country United Kingdom
United States
Language English
Budget $346,830
Box office $3,154,346 (Worldwide)
Green Street is a 2005 independent drama film about football hooliganism.[1] It was directed by Lexi Alexander and stars Elijah Wood and Charlie Hunnam. In the United Kingdom, it is called Green Street. In the United States, Australia and South Africa, the film is called Green Street Hooligans. In other countries, it is called Football Hooligans or just Hooligans. In the film, an American college student falls in with a violent West Ham football firm (the Green Street Elite) formerly run by his brother-in-law and is morally transformed by their commitment to each other.
Lucy
torquay53
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torquay53 »

Maybe Ricey could be more decisive in his area, the back four could be tighter when covering, and Young and Chappell must play further up - it's no wonder the front men can't play, they're always chasing long balls launched at them from the defence
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Rice didn't command the box today. Never on any corner/cross did he attempt to catch the ball. Just how did he keep a clean sheet in last 5 games, today we where a shambles.
Lucy
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

One of the lads trying to look hard today was none other than the very same person who, shall we say, had an incident with a Wimbledon coach last season....great to see him back

After the match, we saw this same group of drunk ASBO's hanging around outside the ground, looked like they were having a pop at a group of Asian lads, although to be fair I could not be certain as the traffic speed had picked up. At first we thought they were Shrewsbury fans as they looked so out of place in last years designer gear, but I recognised at least 6 of them as regulars at Plainmoor

It was also nice to see a **** from the olden days, last seen chucking bottles at Bath City in the FA CUP proudly wearing his Torquay colours

perhaps we should be more concerned as if we get a reputation for being dickheads then believe me, places like Halifax and Welling may not be so pleasant to visit
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Apologies if I've missed this, but does anyone know whether or not the team travelled up on the day?
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

yes they did

we saw them looking very relaxed at the services....
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

MidDevon wrote:One of the lads trying to look hard today was none other than the very same person who, shall we say, had an incident with a Wimbledon coach last season....great to see him back

After the match, we saw this same group of drunk ASBO's hanging around outside the ground, looked like they were having a pop at a group of Asian lads, although to be fair I could not be certain as the traffic speed had picked up. At first we thought they were Shrewsbury fans as they looked so out of place in last years designer gear, but I recognised at least 6 of them as regulars at Plainmoor

It was also nice to see a tw*t from the olden days, last seen chucking bottles at Bath City in the FA CUP proudly wearing his Torquay colours

perhaps we should be more concerned as if we get a reputation for being dickheads then believe me, places like Halifax and Welling may not be so pleasant to visit
This is so scary. Unfortunately the morons creating this trouble will not be reading this as probably they cant read anyway. Useless embarrassing tossers.
If only they would leave our club and DON'T come back
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

MidDevon wrote:One of the lads trying to look hard today was none other than the very same person who, shall we say, had an incident with a Wimbledon coach last season....great to see him back

It was also nice to see a tw*t from the olden days, last seen chucking bottles at Bath City in the FA CUP proudly wearing his Torquay colours

Please please please don't say it was that stinky Tom idiot.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

torquay53 wrote:Maybe Ricey could be more decisive in his area, the back four could be tighter when covering, and Young and Chappell must play further up - it's no wonder the front men can't play, they're always chasing long balls launched at them from the defence
Megalolz.

You've not seen much of us this season, have you?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

lucy6lucy wrote: :goodpost: just a shame the pub team beat us. Where is green street incidentally?
hmm...you sound like an ac northampton fan....................

even if they were - which would make them the highest placed pub team in football (apart from Barnsley FC of course :@ )
they obviously arnt as they appear to play in the same league as us.

no excuses they beat us on the day.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The plain fact is that Rice hasn't commanded his area all season. He has made a few good stops which is his strength but coming off his line and catching or punching the ball he is hopeless at. Couple this with his woeful kicking and we just havn't got a league winning goal keeper I'm afraid.
Rice has excelled all expectations but a keeper who leaves his central defenders to deal with the ball even in the six yard area is always an accident waiting to happen.
He has got away with it so far this season but got found out bigstyle yesterday.
Trying to make it sound like a positive that we have lost our winning run is just plain daft. Of course we were going to lose sometime but we were 2-1 up against the bottom team who havn't won a game all season and our bottom of a league consisting of half the teams in it who are completely hopeless.
That is a giveaway.