Torquay United v Nuneaton Town – Saturday 6th September 2014

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Boroughbrad wrote:No disrespect, :devil: but you probably thought the same about your games against Southport, Dartford, and Aldershot.
We did! =D
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

brooker wrote:Can we please actually have walk out music this week? I don't really care what it is, but the last couple of home games there has been nothing to let people know that the players are about to walk, and, as a result its felt flat as the teams emerge.

Dartford were pretty cheesy playing the 2010 world cup tune, but they blasted it out and it made for a good atmosphere pre kick off.
Any of these..?? :~D

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Boroughbrad wrote:No disrespect, :devil: but you probably thought the same about your games against Southport, Dartford, and Aldershot.
Brad - when you're a Gulls supporter, you learn to respect every team 'cos with Torquay, you can never take anything for granted. All of us on here can remember (although we'd prefer to forget) being beaten at Plainmoor in an F.A. Cup match by Harrogate. Not only were we beaten, we were outplayed. And there have been several other similar disasters over the years. All we hope is that Nuneaton come to play football and we see a good game. Unlike Southport who right from the start were intent on getting our players sent off by feigning injury and one of our players stupidly fell for their 'game-plan'.

Enjoy your trip to Torquay on Saturday and here's hoping for a decent match with your 'keeper conceding at least one more than ours ........ Good luck for the season after Saturday. :goal:
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Err GS, that is probably the strangest playlist ever compiled by a human being, but yeah, I'd take any of those over the eerie silence that currently greets the teams onto the pitch. I'd actually take all four of them at the same time over what we have now, or even the f***in tellytubbies theme song, as long as there is something distinctive and loud to signify to everyone that there is actually a game of footy about to start! Morning rant over.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

brooker wrote:Err GS, that is probably the strangest playlist ever compiled by a human being, but yeah, I'd take any of those over the eerie silence that currently greets the teams onto the pitch. I'd actually take all four of them at the same time over what we have now, or even the f***in tellytubbies theme song, as long as there is something distinctive and loud to signify to everyone that there is actually a game of footy about to start! Morning rant over.
This one probably tops the lot =D :
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

yeah. can just see them coming out to that. imagine them then doing a pirouette like that soldier at Buck house. I cant think of a military march with out thinking about that darned Soldier now.
Carmen burana seems a good one.
Why not You'll never walk alone. who care that Liverpool use it. They don't own it do they. only the guy who wrote it owns it. and he won't mind the royalties.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

As said elsewhere not going make this game now, gutted, but my son takes priority, will be supporting from a far, hoping for the 3 pts ..COYY.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

forevertufc wrote:As said elsewhere not going make this game now, gutted, but my son takes priority, will be supporting from a far, hoping for the 3 pts ..COYY.
Bloody part time supporter ;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
chestertorkyman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by chestertorkyman »

Always been a Herb Alpert "A Banda" fan myself, but yes, yes, lets have The Liberty Bell March. There is the Pythons connection, filming in Torquay in 1971, John Cleese connection being inspired to set Faulty Towers in Torquay, and his brilliant comment "...and I for many years followed the hilarious antics of Torquay United at Plainmoor".

It all falls into place - we are not deadly serious at TQ1, and "we are the best" or some rock anthem is not for us. Got to be the Pythons theme, surely.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

The Liberty Bell March as walk out music would be dreadful.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper

Post by OllieGull »

For me:
Bowman, Acheampong
Cameron, Young, Richards, Chapell
Ives, Downes/Pearce, Macdonald, Tonge
Rice
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Bloody part time supporter ;-)
:lol: yes, today, indeed.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Seeing as nobody has said it already.........

Torquay United

01 Rice
04 Downes
02 Tonge
03 Cruise
21 MacDonald
10 Ajala
11 Cameron
16 Richards
08 Young
24 Ofori-Acheampong
09 Bowman

Substitutes

05 Pearce
12 Chapell
14 Yeoman
22 Wakefield
23 Seabright

Happy with the selection. 100% right to bring Bowman back in, O'Achie has done well but his succession of strike partners have been poor so lets see how they get on together.

I assume Briscoe is injured? Ajala looks more of a winger than a forward so hopefully he will get a good chance today
ExmouthDanGull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Cameron

Post by ExmouthDanGull »

Any online commentary of the game apart from gulls player?
Last edited by ExmouthDanGull on 06 Sep 2014, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper

Post by OllieGull »

ExmouthDanGull wrote:Any online comentary of the game apart from gulls player?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29068949