Starting XI Vs Welling

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CallummTUFC
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Ryan Bowman

Starting XI Vs Welling

Post by CallummTUFC »

After the 3-1 defeat and disappointing performance against Gateshead, what changes, if any, do you think should be made to the Starting XI? Personally, my starting XI Would be....

-------------------Rice-------------------
Tonge----Macdonald----Downes----Ives

----------Richards------Young----------
N
Briscoe-------Cameron-------Ajala

--------------Bowman----------------

My Bench:

Cruise
Yeoman
Harding
Oachie
Chapell

I would definitely be dropping Cruise and Harding, they just didn't look up to it on Saturday, Richards did more in the 15 Minutes he was on than Harding did the Whole game, Same with Oachie and Ajala, they looked Lively and Dangerous. Bowman looked promising because he was getting in posistions to score, but unfortunately couldn't put them in, im sure that will change though. And why Yeoman wasn't even on the Bench yet he travelled is a Mystery.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I think its very unlikely that Hargreaves will make any changes tomorrow night. He simply has to win this game and I don't think he is going to start experimenting.
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

Been away so please do correct me if anyone is injured. I will always state that the opening game means nothing, still in pre season mode, plus a 9+ hour journey to Gateshead won't ever help. But my team would be,
Rice
Tonge - Macdonald - Downes -Ives
Briscoe - Richards - Young - Ajala
Bowman - Yeoman.

I don't think Cameron can play anywhere other than the left wing, he couldn't play on the right last year, and I think Ajala is much better than him, so I'd play Ajala. Although I do like Cameron, and rate him highly.
We'll be back...
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Ok, if CH was to adopt this system, he wont and gord only knows why he would home to welling (no disrespect meant) then the way you have the team set out in my view wouldn't work, you've got both Cameron and Young in the wrong places, for it work it would have to be like this in my view.

----------Richards------Harding----------
N
Briscoe-------Young-------Ajala

Formerly known as forevertufc
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

Do we not think Pearce will make this one?
Pea.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Not saying its the right thing but my money is on the same starting line up unless Pearce is fit, although even then I doubt he will be risked.
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

If Yeoman isn't fit, then Duane must start. It'll make is one dimensional, but that's better than no-dimensional Benyon.
We're at home, it's the second match of the season and, with appropriate deference to the visitors, we're playing **** Welling. Welling, for Christ's sake! We've got to go at this as though a 5-0 victory will save the club from liquidation. We have no right to win games (we're Torquay, let's not forget that), but we have the personnel to steamroller sides like Welling. Our side is (is!) a class above that of our visitors. Do the basics well, play at suitable intensity and we will, by default, win the match. Go beyond that and apply some skill and real professionalism and we could secure a four goal+ haul and a clean sheet.

Fail to turn up and we could be beaten by a glorified pub side of plumbers and brickies.
Pea.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

I think when he arrived, Briscoe was referred as someone who can also play upfront. On that basis I'd go with

Rice

Tonge MacDonald Downes Ives

Cameron Young Harding Ajala

Briscoe Bowman
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

For me, Ives at left back, three man midfield of Harding, Richards, Young, Briscoe and Cameron out wide with Bowman up top. The classic 4-3-3/4-5-1 system. Worked pretty well with Howe/O'Kane in the key roles, let's see if Young/Bowman can do it
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

I would favour the team posted by Callumm and Forever

----------Richards------Harding----------

Briscoe-------Young-------Ajala

Maxiboy1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Loram

Post by Maxiboy1 »

---------------------Rice
Tonge - McDonald - Downes - Ives

------- Young - Richards -

Briscoe - Ajala - Cameron

Bowman

Subs...Cruise, Harding, Chapell, Yeoman, O'Ache
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Maxiboy1 wrote:---------------------Rice
Tonge - McDonald - Downes - Ives

------- Young - Richards -

Briscoe - Ajala - Cameron

Bowman

Subs...Cruise, Harding, Chapell, Yeoman, O'Ache
In the absence of Pearce, this is our best team. Perhaps we sack off Cameron (who is least likely of the front 6 to get us a goal, indicative of the strength we have going forward) and chuck on Duane if we need a bit more presence up front.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I agree with Jeff, think that sounds our best balanced team. I don't expect to see any changes from Saturday though in all honesty.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

So after just 1 (very difficult) game are we all just giving up on the 4-4-2 system Hargreaves prefers and has utilised all pre-season?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Richinns wrote:So after just 1 (very difficult) game are we all just giving up on the 4-4-2 system Hargreaves prefers and has utilised all pre-season?
Just don't think we have the players for it, don't have the strength or quality in the central areas and our atrocious full backs need all the cover they can get, oh and Benyon is awful.