Ladies sponsorship.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Ladies sponsorship.

Post by ferrarilover »

Guys, a bit of a plea, this one.

There are some of our ladies who need sponsorship to enable them to keep playing. One in particular is an extraordinary young lady called Jazz. She's 18, and her CV thus far is entirely beyond belief. She is, inter alia, the manager of a local men's side. She's going for the UEFA 'A' license this year. Those who understand these things will appreciate that she was awarded an unconditional offer to study at university. Her achievements go on and on and this post really doesn't do her justice. I'm really not joking, there's no doubt at all that she will one day, if she so chooses, be the England Women's manager. She lives for football. Unfortunately, what money she has is spent traveling to courses (often at St George's Park) and on essential kit. Accordingly, she can't quite afford to register to play for our team this year.

As you'd expect, this is a blow for both sides. Jazz because she misses out on playing (for the stupidest of reasons) and TULFC because we're losing a hugely talented winger.

Sponsorship is available for almost all the TULFC players (Ben Currie and The Candy Box, Brixham, well tell you it's worthwhile, since he sponsors another of our girls).

As it stands, there is training, tonight, with Kev Nicholson, that Jazz can't do because she isn't registered. If a few of us here could chip in a few quid each (there are loads of benefits to the sponsorship, endless advertising from several sources is just one) to help Jazz and others keep playing the game that unites us all, it would be a really, genuinely good thing. A full season is £300. There's no limit to the number of people who can each sponsor one player, so if ten of us get together, it's £30 each.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

How much does it cost to sponsor the players on the men's side? I've been out of things for a while, obviously, but I'm sure it used to be £150 or so.

This is interesting, though - do they have a website or anything like that?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Would happily contribute. I don't have £300 to chuck around but very keen to get involved and 'chip in', as you say. Anyone else?
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

http://www.tulfc.co.uk/club/289340/Home

I charge for supplying this info... ;-)

Louis, can we tempt you into lobbing a few quid into the pot in exchange for endless mentions of this website (or anything else?)

SG, you run about 9,000,000 businesses and you're worth millions of pounds, surely you'd like some extremely cheap exposure (ooh eer)?

Nina, everyone loves a taxi, perhaps you could gazump your rivals for the affections of TUFC fans everywhere?

Everyone else, well, I don't know anything about you, but surely you're all well heeled and generous!

Matt.
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

Crowdfunder created, but not live for a bit until they approve it.

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/tulfc-sponsorship
Pea.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

ferrarilover wrote:http://www.tulfc.co.uk/club/289340/Home

I charge for supplying this info... ;-)

Thanks. I actually meant 'website with sponsorship info' but looking back I didn't make that at all clear.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Can't afford much but would put into the pot.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

nobody fromTorbay area is going to book a Sidmouth taxi Matt ! (unless they want to come to East Devon on holiday of course !) But I don't mind chipping in a tenner personally if it helps; have already sponsored Louis Briscoe, & I'm not that flush !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Kernowgull »

I'll bung in £15 if you let me know how.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Il chuck £15 in if told how to
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

OK folks, the crowdfunder seems to be live. We can either use that, or you good people can pay me however you'd like, but we could do with the cash ASAP. Many thanks to those who have pledged already, but there's a long way to go yet.

Matt.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

if you're going to SJP on Sat, I can give you a tenner then;how many others on here going ?
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

See you there and thank you very much.

Matt.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Kernowgull »

Don't seem to be able to pay thus far online. It says status of the page is "submitted". Once its live to pay I'll do so straight away.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Will contribute something via Crowdfunding site once it accepts donations.