Early bird season ticket deadline extended!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Early bird season ticket deadline extended!

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Chance to see the impact of the transferred listed players and retained list I imagine

Extended to the 30 th of May

http://mobile.torquayunited.com/news/ar ... 32940.aspx
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Isn't it every year then? :O
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yes, the club does tend to extend the early bird deadline most seasons, however this season close more relevant than most, a common sense decision on the part of the club. I know a few season ticket holders, a small few like myself are not renewing regardless, there is a few I know who are waiting to see how the squad shapes up before deciding, personally like to the see the deadline extended into the early part of June.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Sod the extension. Reduce prices to what are more suitable for non league football and you might lose a bit more cash but you'd gain some more st holders, more kudos and more respect.

Stay as you are and you just lose cash. You don't gain.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Having had some serious personal difficulties these past two weeks and now seeing things a lot clearer, it doesn't look good when I read back things I posted during these 'difficulties'. However, I posted them and that's that. For those of you who recoil at the sight of another AAG marathon post then I encourage you to click on another thread. I'm indifferent to whether you like them or not but I'm just giving you the heads up out of courtesy. Those that consider me hysteric and bi-polar then again, please do ignore and go to another thread. It's 2014 and the expressing of emotions and revealing of difficulties is perfectly acceptable and beneficial to the individual concerned. I obviously am well aware the way I come across to others and some find this conveyance embarrassing and weak. I'm neither and as you don't know me (and don't want to know me) then it would be unreasonable and unfair to pass comment yes?

After all, I passed lots of comments about Alan Knill to the disgust of many, the many highlighting that I was bang out of order for posting inappropriate personal comments about him when I'd never even met him. Hypocrisy is ok I guess when it suits. No one person can please everyone - just ask Ling, Knill and Hargreaves. Some people will think I'm a **** and some will think I'm a sound bloke. For the former there isn't a great deal I can do about it so I'm not to worry. For the latter I can hopefully make each time we meet a positive experience.

Aside from all that I'd just like to share a few things and I thought this the most appropriate thread to do it.

I went to the Derby v Brighton play off semi at the iPro and in all honesty it was **** awesome. I paid £32 for a seat next to a delightful elderly lady whose husband couldn't make the game and I managed to get his seat. We chatted about this and that and I was getting some banter from other regulars in the same area about me being her toyboy. Bloody hell! I'm 38 years old! A boy certainly not - I look like Mr Gru from Despicable Me only with more hair and stubble. A toy? Possibly. I'd be that MB Games classic Twister - due to being all over the **** place. As it happened you could have been forgiven for thinking I was the OAP as it was her who was actually bopping to the PA music and it was ME who was armed with a tube of extra strong mints for throat purposes.

This gal had some moves, so did I. Sit. I was a well trained Labrador for the afternoon. Anyway, the sell out 33,000 crowd were immense and the noise was absolutely incredible. Not really comparable to the minor racket I and 15 others of the 90 odd made up at Hartlepool in March but we rocked that day regardless eh lads?!! I also saw the best and most entertaining game of football in that 90 minutes than in about 7 years of watching Torquay. So why did I feel lost?

Watching ex-England boss Shteve McLaren send out his Derby lads to attack attack attack in glorious sunshine on a putting green of a pitch in front of the entire population of Belper, Alfreton, Heanor and Ilkeston combined was NOT watching ex-squirrel crusher Alan Knill send out his Torquay boys to fanny around like schoolkids on a day trip to Skegness in the pouring rain on a quagmire of sand in front of 7 blokes and a patterdale terrier which represented the total support of Accrington.

Those shit grounds, those non descript places, the fact that you don't have to worry about getting a ticket for the game or parking near the ground. These are all USP's of watching Torquay. I can't say that I'm Devonian and I can't say that TUFC is in my blood. Ions, glucose and haemoglobin (great track by Placebo by the way) are in my blood. It's biology. Torquay is in your heart and not your blood. There is something that you cannot quite put your finger on that makes you go back and back again and back again. I don't even think it is a sense of duty. I think there is just something there, a mysterious and elusive part of oneself that cannot give in no matter how tough things are.

I've sounded off saying I'm to chuck in the towel but on each occasion I showered with the speed of Usain Bolt and quickly grabbed it back to dry myself and dry out. They are just words. Actions speak louder and I've NEVER given up physically going to games and singing even though I've threatened to on a number of occasions. It's happened again. I have just been so thoroughly angry and bitter at how the board have dealt with the whole relegation situation from a PR perspective and it has led to me questioning who is right and who is wrong. Nothing is that straightforward but personally I feel that the communications and appreciations of the fans has been completely unacceptable.

We are still in existence as a football club and therefore the board are doing something right but we had just been relegated from the football league and required confidence, information and respect from our board upon this devastating event and IMO we got absolutely zero. Yellowforever made a valid point on another thread when he said that he couldn't really comment about the board because he doesn't know enough and in hindsight that is what I should have done but I see the black and the white and I also see nobody from behind the scenes willing to step forward and inspire and post frustrated angst.

I've not sold any of my stuff or programmes and a really heartfelt thankyou to both taxilady and portugull for urging me not to make any rash decisions and for your really supportive PM's. You are both special people and thankyou. I avoided doing something I would have regretted.

I signed up for a season ticket at Derby and can't get out of it so I'm going to take the hit. I will sell the tickets if I can. I didn't sign up for a season ticket at Torquay but I will now do so as my statement of intent to supporting my club. I do not agree with the manner they have gone about things but I've come this far and I cannot throw it all away now. I will contact the club tomorrow to get it sorted out and I anticipate the opening conference game with the excitement of an 8 year old at Christmas.

Dover Athletic away is top of my 'to do' list. I want to go to the Crabble. Dripping Pan or The Crabble? Which has the best name? It's madness but it's fun. I have to come to terms that I'm being ripped off by ticket prices etc and I'm deeply unhappy about it but as the incredible Limp Bizkit song alludes to. The Unquestionable Truth. Supporting Torquay should be done without question as there is always a constant stream of bizarre things and decisions emanating from Plainmoor - we are a comedy show. Asking why on earth X was allowed to happen or how the bloody hell was Y allowed to get away with that is futile.

It will always happen and we will not know the full details but when I told my little one I was going to Derby she sang to me 'Yellow Army' as that is the main song she knows (good for a 5 year old - if she gets into JLS and One Direction then I'm on the phone to the building contractors to knock up the Austrian cellar) and it made me stop and think. She knows Torquay, she has been to Plainmoor and she has the shirts and accessories. I'd be failing as a parent to let her support someone else and to listen to One Direction. She clasps the scarf and her Gull teddy with pride whilst loading my Sepultura CD and we crack on together.

Then I stick on a bit of the Communards..........

Ooooh I never can say goodbye now..................

I cannot wait for the season to kick off!!!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Welcome back AustrianAndyGULL ! Glad you haven't gone away; yes, lots of people still confused, some still angry. Heigh ho, we've got a battle to fight next season, so get back on board ! TTID. looking forward to seeing you on the terraces in August ! :scarf: :scarf: (see if the club will send you a copy of the last programme; lots of pics of people you know in it !)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i love you andy! welcome back mate!
still keeping the faith
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

:goodpost: :clap: :engflag: :) :scarf:

Who needs words when you've got smilies! Good to have you back, AAG!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

TL:)R

;-)

Welcome back, you bloody flouncer. You've had more comebacks than Rocky!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

AustrianAndyRAM makes his return

taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

that's what I was calling him on other threads Roar, but he's re-re-re-reformed now ;-) ;-) :scarf:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Anyone know how many ST we have sold?

DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by DerbyshireGull »

Given that we've still got a lot of dead wood hanging about the place in terms of playing staff and nothing happening in terms of recruitment as yet I'd say not many. It's pretty much as you were since the day we got relegated from a personnel and public relations perspective which is disappointing. The early bird extension was a good idea but with nothing happening to urge those waverers to part with their hard earned I'd say they would need to extend it further and we may see some more sales when some additions start coming in or we manage to somehow shift the likes of Karl Hawley etc.

I think the re-signing of Billy may have some impact though................ :whistle:
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by DerbyshireGull »

Anyone know how many we've sold though?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

It can't be many, other than the ultra-committed.

There are those who know they will be going, prefer to have it all paid up who will get one. I may end up doing that but I still cannot bring myself to purchasing a season ticket to watch the likes of Benyon and Hawley up front.

If they don't extend the offer, which seeing as they has been no announcement means they probably are not going to, then they may have to accept that the handful they have probably sold up to now, is all they are going to sell.

If I end up having to do pay-as-you-go, I probably will end up missing quite a few games, certainly midweek games and those against teams we have played before like Lincoln and Macclesfield etc