alan knill

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wintle
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: rodney jack

alan knill

Post by wintle »

the above appointment is the reason tufc are back playing non league football,be ironic if nothampton come down too where this man is assistant manager now,whoever made that choice at time is to blame i mean has nil in his name.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Thanks for that Sherlock. Thank God you've arrived, and just in time too.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
wintle
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: rodney jack

Post by wintle »

ferrarilover wrote:Thanks for that Sherlock. Thank God you've arrived, and just in time too.

Matt.
saying should not have been so at time your highness
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

ferrarilover wrote:Thanks for that Sherlock. Thank God you've arrived, and just in time too.

Matt.
I think it's Hector pretending to be his young nephew ;-)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I think if you ran a poll at the end of last season then about 85% of us would have voted for his appointment (myself included). Not sure many will admit to that on here but that was the case.

Easy to attach blame now but in reality the choice was from the board and from the fans so perhaps most of us need to look a little closer to home than firing bullets in a scattergun fashion like we have seen on here recently.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Yes but lots of us aren't blaming the board or the fans. We're blaming Knill for being shit.

I was happy to see Knill appointed because I was just pleased to see what I thought would be an end to the boring stuff served up by Ling. He wouldn't have been my ideal candidate but he came in and got the job done and so I went along with his appointment. How much worse could it have got?

Exactly.

So I don't blame the board for hiring Knill and I don't blame the fans who wanted him here. I blame Knill for being worse than useless and I blame the board for not giving him the boot well before they did when it was glaringly obvious he was taking us down.

A man was appointed to do a job based on a CV that boasted significant managerial experience at lower levels, he convinced the board that he could take us forwards and he took us backwards and to the cleaners in the process so nobody needs to look closer to home. They need to look in deepest Northamptonshire for the answer.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

I'm pretty sure a poll was run somewhere round about the end of last season. But you could be opening up a can of worms and finding several posts saying we need a lot more loan signings than we ever did when Lingy was Manager, that it'll all be much better when we stop playing with only one up front, and above all we should re-sign Elliot Benyon.

Selective amnesia and a big dose of hindsight is a winning formula for this and most other Forums ;-) It would be mad to change it.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Hindsight IS a wonderful thing AJ and like you say, it is a forum staple but what saddens me is the number of people willing to put the boot in where it hurts but then with hindsight, when they perhaps should have been wearing slippers rather than Doc Martens, they fail to apologise for their errors of judgement.

Selective amnesia is not an option on forums though as there will always be someone willing to trawl back through one's posts in order to prove someone a liar. :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Too true Andy. There's probably a post from me somewhere saying that Billy Bodin would prove to be an absolute bargain at only £70,000. I'm sure someone will dig it up one day :lol:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Alan Knill is not the reason why we're going down, Chris Hargreaves is not the reason we're going down, the players are not the reason we're going, the board are not the reason we're going down.

The board and managers have made crucial mistakes, and players have underperformed , simple as, if you can't see that, you could be blind.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Alpine Joe wrote:Too true Andy. There's probably a post from me somewhere saying that Billy Bodin would prove to be an absolute bargain at only £70,000. I'm sure someone will dig it up one day :lol:
:lol:

Now I know for a FACT that there is DEFINATELY not a post in the archives of me saying that! :lol:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:
:lol:

Now I know for a FACT that there is DEFINATELY not a post in the archives of me saying that! :lol:
Nope, you're right. In your 489 odd posts about Billy, you've never said that.

You have, however said the following:
AustrianAndyGull wrote:I'm pleased that he has signed Bodin and we've got Thompson and Macklin when he's back. Pace and trickery that we should start using to our advantage.
AustrianAndyGull wrote:Would we be able to afford him on a permanent deal? I doubt it but fingers crossed he couldbe coming back!
The rest, however, have all been, pretty much slating him (somewhat justified now) so you were consistent in your approach.

:-D

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
FavGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by FavGull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Nope, you're right. In your 489 odd posts about Billy, you've never said that.

You have, however said the following:
The rest, however, have all been, pretty much slating him (somewhat justified now) so you were consistent in your approach.

:-D
Now how long have you been waiting to post those two gems?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

wintle wrote:saying should not have been so at time your highness
Were those the first ten random words which popped into your head? I really can't see any other way in which they might be related.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Blaming the board for his appointment is bad form. Yes Alan Knill turned out to be a poor manager, but it made complete sense to appoint him at the time, and so most of the blame should be attributed to the man himself and his players. Going back to Ling would have been too risky, especially so soon after with the possibility that he may have lost the dressing room. Knill had had enough time to evaluate the squad, and had done well (enough) to keep us in the division after a terrible run of form, and evidence would suggest through the signings of Labadie and Chapell that he could sign players of the requisite quality.

Unfortunately that did not happen...
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14