Down-And Out!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: aint got 1

Down-And Out!

Post by yellowwot1 »

So Tufc are down, why? Was it ling? Knill? Hargreaves? The board?
The players?
The answer is yes all the above. You can only punch above your weight for so long and eventually you get knocked on your arse.
I have been witness to unprofessional conduct throughout 3 seasons from all the above including those involved with our youth.

It has been mismanagement on a grand scale from every oriface of the club . The only place that tufc should be is the conference and if anyone believes the club are goimg to bounce right back with the current board, manager, coaches and youth then you better think again.

Tufc ate gone and gone for a very long time and albeit hard to accept it is deserved because the incompetence of all involved is truly criminal.

Goodbye Tufc it's all over no

Thank god, its been painful watching clowns run and manage a perfectly decent football league club9 that didn't deserve this treatment. Running a football club is running a business, if you don't treat people right word spreads quickly and you go out of business.

This is the beginning of a very slippery slope, it is not just the players that need a clear out and if that doesn't happen Tufc is doomed.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Down but NOT out - mate we'll be back as long as we have great fans like the ones who were at the game today we'll be fine, we dust ourselves off and rebuild -

It'll be tough as it was last time but now's the time to grow a spine - get on board or f*** off! cos' it's gonna be a battle

COYY
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I agree with much of that mate but I'm tired of fighting now. We're in the conference thanks to a combination of factors and i'll be there to try and get the phoenix raised from the ashes. That's all we can do. I just wished the board would show some appreciation to the fans by stopping treating them as cash cows. That is what we now are and it really **** me off tbh. The fans are not to blame for whoever has screwed us over big time and so should not be punished financially for wanting to go and support their club. Make it worth our while board or keep on milking. Cows are great! You can get milk and money from them and all they say is MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I think yellowwot1 is a little bitter at the youth set up

no point dreaming, very few make it to senior level
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

We're tired now but wait until the eve of next season Andy - you'll be as excited as ever and your yellow blood will be up for the fight!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Stop trying to blame somebody and put your energy into looking to return to the Football League. CH will try his best to get us back and as fans we should give him 100% support if not look for another team.
He knows who he wants to lose and which type of player to recruit. He will do the business. Believe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Robiberto22 wrote:We're tired now but wait until the eve of next season Andy - you'll be as excited as ever and your yellow blood will be up for the fight!
I'm excited now mate and there is still a game left! :clap:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

nickbrod wrote:Stop trying to blame somebody and put your energy into looking to return to the Football League. CH will try his best to get us back and as fans we should give him 100% support if not look for another team.
He knows who he wants to lose and which type of player to recruit. He will do the business. Believe.
:goodpost:
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: I'm excited now mate and there is still a game left! :clap:
Haha you love it and you'll be back no matter where we are as will the majority of the die hards and it's because of them that this club won't die!

We just need to believe! Learn the lessons, start again and come back brighter
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

I honestly hope you are all correct, not bitter with the youth system its almost the same everywhere bar a few exceptions very bitter upset and angry with the powers that be that i will admit to, however our youth system has not been utilised as it needs to habe been and if CH is to succeed it will need all his attention, I hope he is able to change things for.the better across.the board
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

We need to trust in youth and give them a chance, if not then what's the **** point in having it? The number of youth players given a chance these days is next to none so just get rid. It serves no purpose. Either they are ready for first team football one day (which hasn't really happened) or the system is failing and so sack it off.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

But it has got to this - so what are you gonna do? give up and moan?
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

Pot noodle! Thanks for telling it like it really is, RESPECT
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

95% of youth players are mearly there to support the 1 or 2 lads in each squad who MAY, just MAY make it. Most of these players are potentially very average South Devon League or Devon and Exeter league players at best, but they are just about good enough to play in a team alongside the hopefuls.

That has always been the case, and the fact that the "academy" (and I use that term very loosly) can actually CHARGE the parents of the 89% of hopeful lads that will never even get a chance to warm the reserve bench is an added advantage. I am not sure what the going rate is at Torquay, but it probably about £30 to £40 a month....and of course, those with REAL talent who just cannot afford it will always still attend free of charge.

Most clubs will tell you their aim is to get 1 player promoted to become a regular first teamer every 12 to 18 months, that really is as good as it gets.

By this, I am not having a go at Torquay's youth system, its similar at most lower league / non league clubs....just wish the parents were not so niave
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

There is no charge to attend Tufc academy it is invite only sattelit or development centres they do, don't have a pop at parents .they have to show more commitment than kids or staff. The academy system has.been failing across all leagues for years but it doesn't have to be that way look at crew or even exeter.

Like I said I have no axe to grind with Tufc youth however.the academy system across.the.board doesn't work, unlessthe powers that be change that and it can be different, for a small club like Torquay it is.so so important, excuse the fullstops!