Wroe to Shrewsbury

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Good bye and good luck Nicky. Thanks for helping back into the football league again :clap: Hope you have success at Shrewsbury (not against us though!!).
Oblivion!!!!
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Although I'm not dissapointed to see him go I wish him the best of luck at Shrewsbury!

Was absolutely immense in the bsq
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

yellowforever wrote:According to his wikipedia we've got £45,000 for him? It's not coming from the most reliable source granted, but i'd take that anyday of the week for someone who's looked no better than a spare part this season.
According to the HE we only got £10,000. Although I guess the Robinson loan could have been a part of the deal.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

tommyg wrote: According to the HE we only got £10,000. Although I guess the Robinson loan could have been a part of the deal.
10k is what we got for him.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

firstly like to wish Nicky Wroe all the best for the future.

Things did seem to go stale for Nicky towards the end,and there is no point hanging on to players who want move on,i will not forget the service he gave our club,and the part he played in the team that won us promotion back to the league.
Formerly known as forevertufc
shaunicus
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by shaunicus »

Again, as good a fee as we could expect. It's a 7.5k loss but he more than made up for that with his performances that got us promoted.

Good luck to him, think some of the criticism aimed at him was slightly harsh. Adapted his game when Greavsie left and though that departure hampered his creativity somewhat, he put some good shifts in. Wish him well.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Southampton Gull wrote: 10k is what we got for him.

Disgraceful !!, conning a decent club like Shrewsbury, I hope the board have the decency to appoligise & refund their money. :-D :) ;-)
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper

TUFC92 wrote:Although I'm not dissapointed to see him go I wish him the best of luck at Shrewsbury!

Was absolutely immense in the bsq
Don't you mean B & Q? :-D :) :-D :lol:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

What will happen now to the moniker called SNW ?

Will it become Barnsley Gull (the poster previously known as Super Nicky Wroe) ?

:)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
furmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Aggy

Post by furmax »

Chatting with my Shrewsbury supporting boss this morning (I work in Telford) he is adamant that they paid £43K for him. He claims to have good 'contacts' and to be in the know.

I just hope he is right!
A poster previously know as furzehamgull. @furmax
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

furzehamgull wrote:Chatting with my Shrewsbury supporting boss this morning (I work in Telford) he is adamant that they paid £43K for him. He claims to have good 'contacts' and to be in the know.

I just hope he is right!
thats shocking. 8-o

hes worth ten times that. :bow:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper

furzehamgull wrote:Chatting with my Shrewsbury supporting boss this morning (I work in Telford) he is adamant that they paid £43K for him. He claims to have good 'contacts' and to be in the know.

I just hope he is right!
£43k seems a very odd amount, do you think that it could have been £3k & 40,000 luncheon vouchers? :clown: :) :clap: :lol: :~D
robc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by robc »

I don't see why TUFC (in the guise of PB) would openly state that we got 10k for him, if we had in fact for 4 times that? He did say that didn't he? Or am I imagining that, I've definitely seen the figure banded about a lot...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

robc wrote:I don't see why TUFC (in the guise of PB) would openly state that we got 10k for him, if we had in fact for 4 times that? He did say that didn't he? Or am I imagining that, I've definitely seen the figure banded about a lot...
That'll be the Fat **** Evans influence washing off on him. Tell the tax man it was ten grand, pocket the other 33.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
crazyfool
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek 'The Dude'

Post by crazyfool »

Taken from the factual source that is Wikipedia ....

Wroe joined Shrewsbury Town for £45,000 on 31st January 2011 on a two year deal from Torquay United.

Another £2k in luncheon vouchers then!!!