Wroe to Shrewsbury

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MattSTFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jake Robinson ;)

Post by MattSTFC »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 394470.stm
Shrewsbury boss Graham Turner has revealed the outlay for his transfer dealings in January was under £30,000.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Yes, but he made no mention of the luncheon vouchers, connected with the Nicky Wroe deal! :) :clap: :~D :lol: :~D :nod:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Like I said previously, Matt, you paid 10k for him which wasn't too bad for us as we've had some good service from Nicky Wroe and managed to get a decent replacement in on loan until we can reshuffle the finances a bit. Good deal for both clubs and player IMHO.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
MattSTFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MattSTFC »

Yes, Graham Turner confirmed the £10,000 fee in his post-match interview after today's game.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

MattSTFC wrote:Yes, Graham Turner confirmed the £10,000 fee in his post-match interview after today's game.
OK, so we all agree then that the fee for nicky Wroe was £10,000, & there were no luncheon vouchers, nectar points, airmiles, or "buy one get one free" incentives involved.......Remarkable! =D =D :nod: :bow: :clap: :clap:
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Disappointed it was only £10K - he was worth more than that but he spent the last few months driving the price down by not having his heart in the club. In that sense it is good that he has gone. Certainly Stanley seemed to be a fair trade.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Modgull wrote:Disappointed it was only £10K - he was worth more than that but he spent the last few months driving the price down by not having his heart in the club. In that sense it is good that he has gone. Certainly Stanley seemed to be a fair trade.
SPOT ON...........don't want be here get lost, dissapointed now he played in the cup match.,
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Modgull wrote:Disappointed it was only £10K - he was worth more than that but he spent the last few months driving the price down by not having his heart in the club. In that sense it is good that he has gone. Certainly Stanley seemed to be a fair trade.
The irony of it all is that the Shrews fans are probably thinking exactly the same thing.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Stanley came from Morecambe, Matt, I think you mean Robinson ;-)
Dave

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I blame Modgull, he erred first.

And from whomsoever Stanley came, they must be mourning his loss. Equally Robinson. Equally Gilligan's Island... Oh no wait, NTFC have delusions of grandure and consequently believe themselves to be a Premier League side stuck in the wrong division and they will tell anyone who will listen loudly and often that it all the fault of that Gilligan fella, their top appearance maker, captain and second highest goalscorer, what a prick he sounds. :rofl:

Matt.
MattSTFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MattSTFC »

Thought you might be interested in this.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... Shrews-duo
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Westley doing a Buckle .................
Dave

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

What the **** is Nicky Wroe doing in a decent L1 side who have (realistic) designs on the playoffs next year? Are you really telling me that they would sign Wroe for a year, then sack him off if they did go up, or worse yet, that Nicky Wroe might me a Championship footballer 12 months from now? Either way, you're having a Turkish, big time.

Matt.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I really rated Nicky Wroe, and to be honest I think he'd be fine at a L1 play-off chasing club. His simple passing game is the type of thing that can just keep a team ticking over and keep the tempo up. He also has an eye for a defence-splitting pass and I hope he does well.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i'm with you steve, i thought wroe was a decent player, and i was disappointed when he left. i think buckle made a mistake making him captain, as i feel it affected his form, but he definitely passed a ball as well as anyone at this level, and i think his game will be suited to a higher level with a few tweaks. good luck to him. feel a bit sorry for shrewsbury, done really well to go up (at last) and now their better players are being picked off - if that continues they'll be early contenders to come straight back down.
Brady

I Wish I Was There