Disgrace

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Disgrace

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Walking home from the game stunned by how poor te officials were, completely ruined the game how he is qualified to ref is beyond me

- never a red card
- never challenged any of newports late challenges
- never challenge the time wasting

I'm sure people can add more I'm too pissed off to add more but he ruined the game
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I could see Goodwin swing an elbow from where I was - gave the officials a decision to make when it was completely unnecessary.

What ruined the game was our dismal "performance"
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Well we lost today and I am not even bothered.We have been conference bound for most of the season and now even the most diehard supporters must accept that next season we will not be a league team.Everybody has their thoughts on why and who was responsible but now it really dose not matter.The team can go out and play without any pressure and play for their professional lives and contracts for next season, where ever that might be.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Jeff wrote:I could see Goodwin swing an elbow from where I was - gave the officials a decision to make when it was completely unnecessary.

What ruined the game was our dismal "performance"
Being to the left hand side of the halfway on the pop I would disagree, there's no swinging elbow at all!

Performance was always going to go down without Goodwin he had a couple of great runs before being sent off

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To be honest didn't have a good enough view to comment like to see a video clip, yep that was always going to have an effect on the performance, but that decision can't take away from just how poor we were.
Formerly known as forevertufc
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Whatever the performance, it is clear that some of the refs that have officiated at Plainmoor in recent seasons are utterly incompetent. Not fit to officiate an under tens game.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

The refs are a joke there is no way he should have been sent off,, they are spoiling the game, what has happened to the game of old when you could tackle without fear off being sent off, it seems the done thing these days to get other players booked or sent off for diving, what happened to the tommy smiths and ron harris of this world, its a game for fannies!
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Looked like a red from where I was, he needlessly raised the elbow right in front of the ref. Why he signalled in our favour to begin with is beyond me though.

It wasn't the ref that cost us the game. It was a lack of ability and cutting edge.

We were devoid of ideas in the second half and why oh why did we continue to lump long balls forward after taking Enoch off? Yeoman and Benyon are never going to win anywhere near enough flick ons and neither have pace. Stockley should have come on.

The ref was poor, but for both teams. Blaming him is denying how disappointing we were.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Our defeat was nothing to do with the ref.

We were already losing when Goodwin was sent off and prior to his dismissal, not once did we look remotely threatening. As soon as the inevitable Zebroski goal went in, it was game over. Newport barely had to break sweat to comprehensively outplay us.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

I agree we were poor, but im sorry is was never a sending off, poor decision, spoilt the game and we could have made a game off it with shamir out there
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Obviously the sending off has divided many fans.

I am looking forward to seeing the reply, as it looked pretty clear cut to me, and right in front of the ref, which to be fair was one of the few times the ref kept up with play.

The ref certainly could have been fitter, but that could also be said for our team who have lacked fitness most of the season....it almost seems that when the Royal Marines tell the players each pre-season that they are the fittess team in the league, they believe it !
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

I'm not sure about the card. I sat over on the Bench today, pretty much opposite the incident. There was certainly an elbow raised, but I would like to think it wasn't intentional and it didn't look like a malicious movement. I would have thought a caution would have sufficed. I'd like to see a replay though, and I agree with those who say he gave the ref a decision to make by raising it in the first place.

As others have said, the referee didn't have the best game today but we did have our fair share of 20-yard free kicks so can we complain? We had chances.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

gullintwoplaces wrote:Whatever the performance, it is clear that some of the refs that have officiated at Plainmoor in recent seasons are utterly incompetent. Not fit to officiate an under tens game.
It's so true, I'd have rather Deadman officiated than the numpty today!!

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Some interesting points raised here. The referee wasn't fit enough to do the job. As someone else confirmed he definately awarded a free kick to us following the Goodwin incident.
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

The Ref actually smiled at Zebs when he put his finger to his lips to silence those Torquay fans who had called him a wa&!£r. The Ref clearly wasn't concerned about Newport players enticing the home fans. Lee Minshull ( the Newport player who was "knocked over" by Shamir ) actually winked at the Torquay fans after Shamir was sent off. I also felt that Flynn ( Newport Captain ) was influential in the Ref's decision to send off Shamir.