Torquay United v Rochdale 11/03/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Torquay United v Rochdale 11/03/14

Post by arcadia »

Time to win a game roll your sleeves up and go for it. Hope Goodwin or Stockley and Craig are involved :goal: :goal: :goal: It's alright I'm dreaming
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Would be surprised if the gate was over 1500 for this one. Let's hope for those who do go are rewarded with a long overdue win.

A repeat of the 5-0 win a few seasons back certainly would be welcomed.

Head says draw, heart (and money) says defeat.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Didn't go Saturday, will be going for this game, expecting another 90 minute bore fest, watching the ball whacked all over the place in hope it might find a pale lemon shirt, my head says another defeat, hope to be proved wrong.
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote:Didn't go Saturday, will be going for this game, expecting another 90 minute bore fest, watching the ball whacked all over the place in hope it might find a pale lemon shirt, my head says another defeat, hope to be proved wrong.
Saturday was better but we still don't create clear chances, like they did a couple of times and scored, plus we need our luck to change.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

We go into the match with no form, hardly any goals at home, two home wins all season, probably with yet another changed line-up, -21 goal difference, 10 points adrift, bottom of the Football League, bottom of the form table against a side who eased to an FA Cup win against us earlier, almost odds-on for automatic promotion so nailed on for an easy three points for Rochdale. But wait, Chris H calls for a hero. Not sure who that will be but a great time for the miracle to start.
On the law of averages we're due several penalties and a thumping home win!! I'll be there to see it happen! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

nickbrod wrote:We go into the match with no form, hardly any goals at home, two home wins all season, probably with yet another changed line-up, -21 goal difference, 10 points adrift, bottom of the Football League, bottom of the form table against a side who eased to an FA Cup win against us earlier, almost odds-on for automatic promotion so nailed on for an easy three points for Rochdale. But wait, Chris H calls for a hero. Not sure who that will be but a great time for the miracle to start.
On the law of averages we're due several penalties and a thumping home win!! I'll be there to see it happen! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Sounds like 2010 when we were staring back at the Conference trapdoor and league leaders Rochdale rocked up with 2000 fans expecting the 3 points needed to celebrate promotion. Torquay United 5 Rochdale 0 (and young Benyon got two). History can't repeat itself surely! Or can it? :scarf:
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Can't see anything but a 0-5 slaughtering.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:Can't see anything but a 0-5 slaughtering.
I think with the back four and midfield we had Saturday and in the same frame of mind with either Goodwin Craig or Stockley with Showumni I think we could be in business.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I am adopting a new appoach for tomorrow night. Not travelling to the game. Not listening to the commentary. Not coming on here and leaving it till Wednesday morning to find out the result.
We won't lose tomorrow because I am not going so we are guaranteed a win or a draw. The only home match I have missed lately is Burton and typically we didn't lose that one.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

standard 0-3. it's laughable
The gulls are going up
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Now fully resigned to non-league oblivion I just hope we go down with a bit of fight, starting tomorrow night. 1 - 0 will do for me. Probably 0-1 again though :aww:
Oblivion!!!!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

stefano wrote: Sounds like 2010 when we were staring back at the Conference trapdoor and league leaders Rochdale rocked up with 2000 fans expecting the 3 points needed to celebrate promotion. Torquay United 5 Rochdale 0 (and young Benyon got two). History can't repeat itself surely! Or can it? :scarf:

dont talk wet.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Thompson back from loan with Weymouth-hopefully he'll be given some game time tonight.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with brucie; I wouldn't go near the place. What! 100 miles in the dark for crap like that - no thanks!
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

It's impossible to pick tonight's team. We seem to make about a handful of changes each week and never play the same formation in successive games. No wonder we always look clueless although I'm not blaming Hargreaves because I just don't think any combination of players is good enough with the weak squad we have. I think Pearce is the only player who has started every game of the Hargreaves reign which just about sums it up.

Cameron looked lively when he came on against Fleetwood so hoping he starts. At least he can take his man on even if there's not much end product. Mansell was taken off on Saturday instead of Labadie or Lathrope so a lot of fans may get their wish and see our skipper on the bench if we revert back to 4-4-2.

Think we'll lose 2-0 irrespective of what numbers Hargreaves pulls out of his bag. Just over 1,600 in attendance.