Goodbye Football League....Hello Conference

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Goodbye Football League....Hello Conference

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Anybody think we wont get relegated now?

No.

Didnt think so.......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Here it is! The pointless thread appears, so stupid.
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:Here it is! The pointless thread appears, so stupid.

Don't think this is a pointless thread here,sure that there will be plenty of comments on this one :-D
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

que sera sera
The gulls are going up
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

robbotufc wrote:
Don't think this is a pointless thread here,sure that there will be plenty of comments on this one :-D
Ignore him he feels the need to persistently insult people, why? only he knows.

It is all so sad but the biggest shock for me is Hargreaves lack of ideas leading to us going down without a fight. Couple that with his old pals act he really has shocked me. Someone said on another thread with a decent striker we would win the conference by a mile. Why? The players CH has resigned wouldn't want that as they wouldn't be resigned in the FL
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Now the situation cannot be salvaged I hope more than anything deep and searching questions are asked of those at the top rather than a collective shrugging of the shoulders. At the end of the day, two teams will always be relegated but despite any bad luck we may have had you have to feel there have been several crucial points where key decisions seem to have contributed to our downfall. If we do give it a proper go in the conference there has to be leadership and organisation off the field as well as on it. If nothing changes I can't see what's to stop us becoming the next Stockport.
The original taunton_gull!!!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Dave_Pougher wrote:
Ignore him he feels the need to persistently insult people, why? only he knows.

It is all so sad but the biggest shock for me is Hargreaves lack of ideas leading to us going down without a fight. Couple that with his old pals act he really has shocked me. Someone said on another thread with a decent striker we would win the conference by a mile. Why? The players CH has resigned wouldn't want that as they wouldn't be resigned in the FL

to be honest dave, i dont give a sh*t what that plank thinks or says.

you are bang on about CH. i hate to say it, but he has no idea. i said when he got the job we would be relegated.

add on the fact that he decided to sign stevens, that put the tin hat on it for me.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Dave_Pougher wrote: Ignore him he feels the need to persistently insult people, why? only he knows.

think i might cry!

theres so many threads on here about the same stuff, but the OP wants his attention so let him have it
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

10 points adrift. Just hope Barnet don't go up.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

The omens aren't good that's for sure - you only have to look at Halifax, Chester and Darlington to see what a second relegation to the conference has resulted in. Right now I'd easily settle for a few years of a top half finish down there but I can't be sure that will even be achievable.
The original taunton_gull!!!
harrytorquay101
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by harrytorquay101 »

Hi new to the forum, there just needs to be a consistent line up, changing the formation to match the opponents isn't going to save us from relegation, we need to work on our own formations and line ups, this changing it around every game is not working!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

harrytorquay101 wrote:Hi new to the forum, there just needs to be a consistent line up, changing the formation to match the opponents isn't going to save us from relegation, we need to work on our own formations and line ups, this changing it around every game is not working!

Welcome.

Unfortunately the changing of formations doesn't work because the players we have aren't good enough, it doesn't matter what line up we have.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:
Welcome.

Unfortunately the changing of formations doesn't work because the players we have aren't good enough, it doesn't matter what line up we have.
We could try this formation Danny...
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

If the players are good enough then there would be no need to change our line-ups; our opponents would be doing that out of fear and respect for our team. One day perhaps..
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I actually happen to think the players are good enough, I just don't think we've used them to the best of their abilities and I don't think the right players have been used. Too many loanees replacing players who haven't been given a decent chance. We've had nothing creative in midfield despite having a creative player being farmed out on loan, signed a player from Man Utd then not played him potentially ruining a link with a youth system developing some of the best players in Britain.

Compare this to Buckle, who we all whinged about for getting the same players yet in terms of loans he managed to bring in players like Robinson and Tomlin, players who aren't 17 years old, have actually played in the first team who came to help the team succeed.

If you look through our team, there really is no excuse for this position we are in:-

Goalkeepers: Probably the strongest pairing we've had in all the years I've supported TUFC apart from Olejnik.

Poke - We all know what he's capable of.
Rice - Came in and did a sterling job at the start of the season. I actually think we've been worse since Poke came back.

Defence: Experience mixed with youth, just what you'd want from team.

Tonge - Many years at Rotherham, who aren't exactly bad at this level or the one above.
Pearce - Highly rated young player from Birmingham who I hope would stay with us. Potentially very good defender.
Downes - A pairing of him and Pearce should be a rock solid pairing, lets be honest.
Nico - Past his best, no doubt about that and was always far too slow. A player bred from a time when it was okay to constantly hoof the ball down the line. Times have changed now though, he doesn't work in modern day, lower tempo football with fast forward lines.
Cruise - Highly rated but I just don't think he's quite good enough. Still could turn into a very good player as he has time on his side.
Cooper - Spent most of his career in the league above and very comfortable on the ball. Will hopefully plug the left back weak link.

Central Midfield: Not our strongest area but shouldn't be so poor either.

Mansell - Like Nico, running round like a nutcase just doesn't cut it. I'd like to see him used in a more defensive role.
Lathrope - Great in that 'sitting in front of the defence' role. Our best sides since Ling took over have involved him in that role.
Harding - Started off awful but perhaps we'll see why he's played 250 games in career.
Labadie - When not biting opposition players, can pass, can tackle, shoot and head the ball. Probably our best all round player.
Craig - I'm not going to pretend he would be the saviour of Torquay United, but he would add some passing ability into the midfield and every decent team in the history of football usually ends up having a player who creates chances and passes the ball around. So why not use the only player in the squad who can do that?

Wings: Raw power and pace with a bit of crossing ability, this really shouldn't be a negative area at all.

Bodin - I like to think of him as the League 2 Ronaldo. All tricks and flicks, just doesn't score, or cross, or do much at all.
Chappell - Probably one of our best players, fast, direct and can score. So why take him out of the team?!
Cameron - The Rotherham fans really liked him. Fast and can cross well. So why play him on the right?!
Thompson - Young and still needs some time to improve but I'd like to see him here, as a back up to Chappell.

Forwards: Probably our poorest area.

Hawley - Came with a decent reputation, scored a few for a poor team last year. Seemed to constantly have to get the ball from deep though as nothing was being created behind him.
Benyon - Did very well for us last time and made us a few quid. Nothing is being created for him though, so he can't do his usual trick of goal hanging.
Yeoman - I don't think he'll ever really be good enough, he'd have been in our first team and been sold on by now if he was.

I won't go into loanees as they aren't really our players.

Aside from up front, on paper this is a team which should be at least mid-table. Simple fact is though, we haven't scored enough goals and that isn't helped by playing left footed players on the right wing, right footed players on the left wing and having a midfield full of players who are defensive players, not creators of chances. The formations have been a constant problem and rather than getting a good result and tweaking the formation, we've changed it constantly.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"