Who still has faith?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Who still has faith we will stay up?

We will stay up
17%
We will go down
83%

Total votes: 66

tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Who still has faith?

Post by tktufc91 »

I have to say, today was the day I lost faith that we will be a football league team come the end of the season. How does the rest of the forum feel? I'll allow votes to be changed so people's opinions can change game by game.

On today's performance, we will go down.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Pringlejumperman

Post by Pringlejumperman »

The club is going down end off . not going to say sack the board who else would take over .but for a start take the bench down won't need that where we are going
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Going Down definetly.

Too many players dont care, and thats what happens with too many loan players.

But unfortunately most of this squad are not good enough for league 2. Ball control, passing ability, desire not good enough.

Our forward line has been pathetic all season. And still is!

Thats my last game this season, not worth my time or money, see you all in the conference next season
TUST MEMBER
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Until the day it's mathematically impossible, we can still stay up. We've done it so many times before too. Apart from the odd season or two of success, we are usually around the foot of the League Two table and somehow we always seem to stay up. We've done it before, and we'll do it again.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Neal wrote:Going Down definetly.

Too many players dont care, and thats what happens with too many loan players.

But unfortunately most of this squad are not good enough for league 2. Ball control, passing ability, desire not good enough.

Our forward line has been pathetic all season. And still is!

Thats my last game this season, not worth my time or money, see you all in the conference next season
thats the most annoying thing. if we can see it why cant the coaching staff???? :@

of course we are going down.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

I've put yes but under terms

It's time to assess who can help us and who can't,
Wilkinson played the whole match today and didn't earn the right to wear the shirt again. Obrien on the pitch for minutes but looks woeful. Goodwin on the other hand provided pace and urgency that we needed today and was let down by others. Stevens isn't needed when we have Courtney Cameron

It's time to get Oconnor back to RB and put downes and Pearce together again

Hawley held the ball up fantastically well today, but needed someone better to link up with.
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Pringlejumperman wrote:The club is going down end off . not going to say sack the board who else would take over .but for a start take the bench down won't need that where we are going
Oh dear
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i've still got the faith, but i dont think it'll do any good now

still 45 points to play for, but we cant score for toffees, two musnt lose home games and we lose them both, penalty appeal and we get a yellow, pokes goalkick, the luck is truly not with us, two home wins all season, there arent two worse teams than us form wise at the moment, so we're gonna go i think
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:I've put yes but under terms

It's time to assess who can help us and who can't,
Wilkinson played the whole match today and didn't earn the right to wear the shirt again. Obrien on the pitch for minutes but looks woeful. Goodwin on the other hand provided pace and urgency that we needed today and was let down by others. Stevens isn't needed when we have Courtney Cameron

It's time to get Oconnor back to RB and put downes and Pearce together again

Hawley held the ball up fantastically well today, but needed someone better to link up with.
terms?

you are obviously out to lunch.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Hard (impossible?) to stay positive after today. It was a must win and we just didn't look up for it, again. The striker situation is ridiculous and we just roll the dice each week and hope the selection that comes up might nick a goal.

Going to plainmoor just isn't enjoyable anymore, I dread to think what Tuesday's attendance will be.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

You all know my record of attendance over the last few years and I'm seriously considering not bothering on Tuesday.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ferrarilover wrote:You all know my record of attendance over the last few years and I'm seriously considering not bothering on Tuesday.

Matt.
oh dear, it must be bad. :(

TUST Member 468

robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

Clueless.Gutless, Couldn't care less, that is the attitude of our players, a good clear out end of season that includes the old school. Hurry up get this season over with, :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Following the Portsmouth game I genuinely believed we could just about do it but to be honest I think it was just masking the inevitable, today's result just demonstrates how much trouble we're in. I think the most likely outcome is that we will finish bottom and it will be a fight amongst the rest as to who will join us. Those who have read my posts before know where I feel the blame lies. There's no doubt we have had a fair share of bad luck (Ling's absence, the weather halting any chance Hargreaves had of building momentum, the injuries and availability of players under Knill) however all of this is overshadowed by in my opinion the poor leadership at the top of the club over the last few years.

I think what angers so many like myself is having worked so hard to get back into this position we are going out without a whimper and will most probably never return. Money had to be spent on projects such as the new stand and the training ground but not at the expense of our league status. Even the training ground project doesn't exactly sound as though it has been a success so it just makes you wonder what has been going on at the club. I have nothing but thanks and gratitude towards Thea Bristow, but I can't help but feel she has been very poorly advised over the past few seasons. In particular, Simon Baker's handling of the Ling sacking and the way Thea was forced to deal with it was quite simply staggering. As stated previously as far as I'm concerned the club lost its way when the board failed to appoint an industry expert following Colin Lee's departure. The fact Bill Phillips is said to have taken on this role is some sort of bad joke. Although Paul Buckle was a questionable manager in many ways I'd much rather have someone in charge who is not afraid to be ruthless when required - the lack of this quality has seen carthorses such as Lee Mansell and Kevin Nicholson stay at the club far too long to the extent where they wield a ridiculous amount of power which has been to the club's detriment. I've no doubt had PB (or a manager of his ilk) been in charge they would have been shown the door a long time ago. There's no choice but to give CH a chance in the conference, but I can't say that the club is exactly moving forwards in this regard when you consider we have re-signed Danny Stevens.

I seriously fear we will slip through the trap door never to return, the fact that I would probably accept a top half conference finish shows where we're at as a club. In a wider sense the town's residents also are responsible for this for simply not caring that there is a league club who badly need their support, but of course this is nothing new. Sadly they will end up getting what they deserve which is a non-league outfit. Unlike them I love this club and I just hope we are able to stabilise things when the inevitable happens.
The original taunton_gull!!!
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I have seen all but 1 home games and 8 away...we are simply the worst football league team