We Will Survive My Prediction.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

We Will Survive My Prediction.

Post by portugull »

In 75 days we will know for sure if we are going to retain our League status.

The last 2 games could be key Mansfield Away and Wycombe Home.

I am an optimist so here are my wildly optimistic predictions simply because I believe Chris Hargreaves is a WINNER.

Acc Stanley Home Win 3 points
Burton Home Win 3
H'Pool Away Draw 1
F'Wood Home Draw 1
R'Dale Home Draw 1
Cheltenham Away Draw 1
Bury Home Win 3
Newport Home Win 3
York Away Lose 0
Southend Away Lose 0
Scunthorpe Home Draw 1
Rovers Away Draw 1

Daggers Home Win 3
Exeter Away Draw 1
Mansfield Away Draw 1

Wycombe Home Win 3

6wins, 8 draws and 2 defeats will give us 55 points and safety.

I believe our luck in front of goal will change and 2 of the loan signings will get the goals if Jesus insists on shoot on sight and work the goalkeeper which we have not been doing. Priority is to get the ball in the penalty box quickly and the goals will come.

A couple of good wins will change everything and most important the team will enjoy playing again. At the moment they are getting uses to losing and this mus stop now if we are going to survive.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You are mad
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I think your predictions are a little generous and it is depressing to think that even if we did as you suggest, it would only harvest enough points to get 55 overall.

I think we will lose more than 2 but it might be that we nick another away win which would be worth 3 of those draws. I certainly think that we have to win 4 of the next 6 home games and as you list, there are four winnable games there.

The way Exeter play at home, if we are on a decent run, then we could nick something there and also York away is a place we could maybe do better than a draw, while I would expect us to possibly lose the home games to Fleetwood, Scunny and 'dale.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Trouble is, when doing these predictions, it's so easy to led the heart rule the head, we can stay up no doubt, but things on the filed have to change pretty quickly.
Formerly known as forevertufc
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Hector you are right Fleetwood, Scunthorpe and Rochdale will be very tough games.I know I am being optimistic but it is the same problem for all the teams at the wrong end of the table.

Outright wins at least 6 from 16 are absolutely vital.
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

I would like to think this is true but since we have won 2 games at home all season, only 2 losses for the rest of the season is crazy I'm sorry to say
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Burton Home Draw 1
H'Pool Away Draw 1
F'Wood Home lose 0
R'Dale Home Draw 1
Cheltenham Away Win 3
Bury Home Draw 1
Newport Home Draw 1
York Away Lose 0
Southend Away Lose 0
scunthorpe Home Draw 1
Rovers Away Lose 0

Daggers Home Win 3
Exeter Away Draw 1
Mansfield Away win 3

Wycombe Home Win 3

22 points in my opinion at a push.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I went through the fixtures portugull before the Northampton game, strangely enough came up with the same 55 pts end total that you have, then thought how much of my predictions was more me wishing for the results, than me actually thinking about whether the team were capable of getting the results.

Problem on my predictions is I had us getting 3 pts from Northampton 0pts from Chesterfield so my end total is already down to 52 pts, margin of error running out already.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

portugull wrote:In 75 days we will know for sure if we are going to retain our League status.

The last 2 games could be key Mansfield Away and Wycombe Home.

I am an optimist so here are my wildly optimistic predictions simply because I believe Chris Hargreaves is a WINNER.

Burton Home Win 3
H'Pool Away Draw 1
F'Wood Home Draw 1
R'Dale Home Draw 1
Cheltenham Away Draw 1
Bury Home Win 3
Newport Home Win 3
York Away Lose 0
Southend Away Lose 0
scunthorpe Home Draw 1
Rovers Away Draw 1

Daggers Home Win 3
Exeter Away Draw 1
Mansfield Away Draw 1

Wycombe Home Win 3

6wins, 8 draws and 2 defeats will give us 55 points and safety.

I believe our luck in front of goal will change and 2 of the loan signings will get the goals if Jesus insists on shoot on sight and work the goalkeeper which we have not been doing. Priority is to get the ball in the penalty box quickly and the goals will come.

A couple of good wins will change everything and most important the team will enjoy playing again. At the moment they are getting uses to losing and this mus stop now if we are going to survive.
im all for optimism, but I think you must have had too much sun where you are if you think we are going to get (anywhere near) 55 points.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

Acc Stanley Home Win 3
Burton Home Draw 1
H'Pool Away loss 0
F'Wood Home Draw 1
R'Dale Home loss 0
Cheltenham Away loss 0
Bury Home draw 1
Newport Home Win 3
York Away Loss 0
Southend Away Lose 0
scunthorpe Home loss 0
Rovers Away Draw 1

Daggers Home Win 3
Exeter Away loss 0
Mansfield Away Draw loss 0

Wycombe Home draw 1

I make it 14 points .. Takes us to 43 .. Hello non league
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

For what it's worth, heres mine ...

Accy Home Win 3 points
Burton Home Win 3
H'Pool Away Draw 1
F'Wood Home Lose 0
R'Dale Home Draw 1
Cheltenham Away Draw 1
Bury Home Win 3
Newport Home Win 3
York Away Lose 0
Southend Away Lose 0
scunthorpe Home Lose 0
Rovers Away Draw 1

Daggers Home Win 3
Exeter Away Draw 1
Mansfield Away Lose 0

Wycombe Home Win 3

That has us finishing on 52, I think i,m not being too generous ans to be fair there are more than a few games in there that in my opinion are 50/50 The burys at home and rovers away for example .

Needless to say there will be many twists and turns before the end!

Just out of interest, does anyone know the average amount of points you need for survival?
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

I think depending on our position we could potentially get 9 points from the last 3, Exeter's home form is woeful and it being a derby and everything... Mansfield same story 3 wins at home all season, and Wycombe last game of the season crunch with us beating them 1-0!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Robiberto22 wrote:
Just out of interest, does anyone know the average amount of points you need for survival?
I don't know an average but the answer has to be to keep two clubs below you as the number of points for the team in 23rd has varied considerably.

Until last season 50 was always regarded as the target as no team had ever got relegated with that number of points. 49 was the previous highest (Exeter's relegation to the Conference was with 48). Last season though Barnet went through the trapdoor in 23rd with 51 points.

There have been a few relegated teams with early to mid-30's total points, but there is no indication that will happen this season.

I think it will be on the high side again, so let's get out of this bottom two as soon as possible and then stay out of the bottom two!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

We have 29 points from 30 games currently, if I've worked this out correctly I make an average of 0.96 points per game, that would give us a final points total of 44/45 points, and we would need a huge slice of luck to stay in the league.

Last season as Stef rightly points out, Barnet went down on 51 points but only on goal difference, difficult to work an exact average because no one knows what the final needed points total will be, I've worked it on 52 points needed, which would require an average of 1.43 points per game, some way above were we currently are in terms of average, or 7.6 wins from our last 16 games.
harbertongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: guy branston

Post by harbertongull »

WE WILL SURVIVE!