Danny Stevens

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Danny Stevens

Post by MidDevon »

Good to see Danny Stevens at the match on Saturday. I suspect just ensuring that no one forgets he is still a free agent.....especially where he was sat in the family stand :nod:

To be honest , if I were Danny I would be playing for a non league club , even if it does mean dropping down to Conference South or below to keep fit, but I do wonder if he could return sometime this season, depending on who takes charge?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

as harsh as it is, i dont think hes good enough.

add that to the fact that we have an abundance of midfielders, then you would have even more reason to say its a no.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

Trojan 67 would love to see him back,love him to bits :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

As Gilbert perhaps....
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
beano
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ricey

Post by beano »

I hear there is a paper round going.......
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

It's a shame Danny hasn't found another club, as he is a very good footballer. If he was a foot taller then I think he could make it as a league player, but at 5 foot 1 it was too easy to push him off the ball and out of the game. His finishing was one of the best at the club, and he chipped in with his fair share of goals, which is one of the things we are missing from the midfield this season. But he wasn't consistent enough to hold down a regular first team place and by the time he reached 25 he wasn't likely to improve any further so it was a fair decision to release him. Under the right manager, in the right system (4-5-1 was perfect for him) he could still play at a high level in non-league, as well as training in personal training part time.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Are you mad - we want to stay up.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with brucie.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

Gulliball wrote:he could still play at a high level in non-league, as well as training in personal training part time.
Just in case it wasn't clear enough the first time around.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

close to be my all time hall of shame player its a no from me we need players with ability danny lacks any ability
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

MidDevon wrote:To be honest , if I were Danny I would be playing for a non league club , even if it does mean dropping down to South Devon League Division 6 or below to keep fit
:goodpost: Agree with this. :nod:

wivelgull wrote:I agree with brucie.
I agree with saint wivel. :nod:

teeboo100 wrote:close to be my all time hall of shame player its a no from me we need players with ability danny lacks any ability
:goodpost: Agree with this. :nod:

robbotufc wrote:Trojan 67 would love to see him back :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Don't agree with this. :no: :@ :red:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

teeboo100 wrote:close to be my all time hall of shame player its a no from me we need players with ability danny lacks any ability
This is soooooo unfair :red: ! You must have a very short memory ! Danny played in most of the games in our two seasons in the Conference when, firstly, we reached the play-offs and then, secondly, won at Wembley. He was an almost ever-present in Ling's team that got to the Div 2 play offs, scoring 10 goals that season. I can't see either Bodin or Chappell getting into double figures this season !! Danny also worked very well on the left with Nicholson and created goals for others. Agreed - his form dipped last season in a struggling side and it was time for him to move on but let's not forget that he played almost 200 games (Conference and League) for the Gulls.

Personally, I am very surprised that he hasn't been offered a contract with a Conference side or the next level down (Skrills North or South or whatever they're called). So forget last season and remember Danny for the good seasons he had with us.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Never saw him win a 50/50 tackle, never saw him "win" a header but did see him run up endless blind alleys and get knocked off the ball almost every time he was challenged. Garbage player. Had ability but wasted it.
Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote:Never saw him win a 50/50 tackle, never saw him "win" a header but did see him run up endless blind alleys and get knocked off the ball almost every time he was challenged. Garbage player. Had ability but wasted it.
:goodpost: Absolutely spot on.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Just before Trojan jumps all over that comment, I would point out he only started 30 odd games in the conference seasons. He's bags of talent and good with both feet but just a little lacking in stature to be really effective IMO. If (whatever deity you choose) had seen fit to give him another 6 inches (Ooh Missus) or so, no doubt he would have been easily championship level. Oh and his tracking back to support the full back was pretty, how shall I put it, lightweight. Shame but thats life..
Last edited by Sunnysideup on 06 Jan 2014, 17:41, edited 2 times in total.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........