Plymouth Argyle v Torquay United - 1/1/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Plymouth Argyle v Torquay United - 1/1/14

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

If you like U2 then I give you my version of possibly the only song they have made that is any good and this one is quality especially the guitar riff near the end. If you want to sing along here is the link.

What a sight, on New Year's Day
Two teams of sh*te get underway
I want to cheer with you cheer with you night and day
Nothing changes on New Year's Day
On New Year's Day

I will see us lose again
I will see us lose again

Under a green slime sky
A crowd has gathered in yellow and white
Arms entwined, the chosen few
Mansell says, says
Says it's true it's true!
The Torquay break through
Gargs torn in two
We can be one

I.....I will cry again
I ....I will cry again

(Then comes the sh*t hot riff that should be enjoyed at full blast only)

Oh
Maybe the time is right
Ohhh maybe we're not sh*te

We, we will score 2 again

So we go , go on the rampage
And Hawley at last earns his wage
The Gulls have scored 2
But gargs have the last say
On New Year's Day

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like a 3-2 loss to me then. As much as my residence of Chesterfield has allowed me to see the flaws in Sheridan's management style I will admit that at least he has got one. We on the other hand have South Devon's solution for pest control only he uses a pushbike instead of more conventional chemical methods and mirroring his football management, he continues to repel the most obvious solution to a problem and replace it with the most bizarre. In fact it could be argue that he is the Derren Brown of league 2 football management in terms of laughing in the face of footballing basics and using a special form of alchemy which turns all yellow into chalk. Brittle and powdery.

The Pilgrims earned a last gasp draw at Wimbledon last time out with in form striker Reuben Reid (sounds like one of these dog awful R&B type artistes like Robin Thicke or Isingbut Nobodycanunderstandaf*ckingwordi'msayin'). That said he DOES have 12 goals to his name this season which is just 2 less than ALL our current contracted players put together. Plymouth have only lost once in November and once in December and are through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup unlike us who have been eliminated in all 3 without scoring, a fact Knill lovers have conveniently forgotten in the euphoria of beating Southend and Dagenham.

In fact Burton are the only team to take 3 points away from Home Park since the middle of September and only then a hard fought 1-0 win. Oh and did I mention that they are in 3rd place. We aren't, we're second bottom and not even going to trouble our neighbours down the A38. This is a certain defeat IMO because firstly we just aren't good enough and secondly we have to dig deep into physical and mental reserves for the second time this season and I just don't think we are strong enough and resolute enough to dig a result out of the sh*t when faced with a baying home crowd. Downes knows what it is like and I'd say he was our best chance of a goal. Need I say more. Hawley, if you are reading this brother, you've got your place back by default, I've seen what you are capable of when you played for Carlisle as I used to go to Brunton Park when I lived on the Warwick Road but now you are just taking the cash and laughing at us. Get some self respect back and give us everything, it's in there because I've seen it but you need to give this club something more than 3 goals. It is truly shocking and if you aren't prepared to step up now then it's either retirement or conference footy mate because nobody in the 92 will be giving you a contract. Be true, be yellow.

All you Gulls thinking of avoiding this game then I don't blame you but just get your arses down there anyway. Have a wander around the city, Plymouth is ok, lots to do, lots to see. Could be worse, could be Accrington and you could be looking at needing the quacks for a citalopram top up.

As Moby said............................GO!!

Don't care how we play so long as we compete and f*cking well concentrate!!

I can't see us getting anything from this but I do think it may be an entertaining game and I'm going either 3-1 or 3-2 to the janners.

KISS MY FACE!!!

The useless clueless obligatory blind man in the middle is the experienced Keith Stroud who was the man who sent off Aaron Downes in the 3rd minute at Daggers last season the last time he reffed us.

Peace man!! :)
Last edited by AustrianAndyGull on 30 Dec 2013, 09:51, edited 2 times in total.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

COYY!!
Last edited by AustrianAndyGull on 30 Dec 2013, 08:50, edited 1 time in total.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

HAHAHA you are indeed a genius Andy!

We'll draw this one - and if i was the board i really wouldn't know what to do!!

all we can do is dream and hope! and pray we dont find ourselfs in a hereford-esce situation in a years time!

COYY!!! Anything is possible in this game!

:scarf:
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

This looks like we are on a hiding to nothing here against improving Argyle. However both teams are going to be leg weary on another heavy pitch so it might not be that easy for Plymouth to make the running.
Plymouth have played a seventeen year old left back in the last two games. He has done well and Sheridan said last night he will definately be playing against Torquay.
He is inexperienced though so we need to get the ball out to Bodin on the right. This looks a gilt edged chance for Knill to bring back Pearce and give Tonge a deserved rest.
O'Connor and Bodin marauding down the right hand side against a kid with two league games to his name looks a decent prospect to me but will Knill bite the bullet? not a cat in hells chance.
We will have the same team Hawley up front. Stockley will get on with ten minutes to go when we are 3-0 down and Benyon most likely will not get on the pitch.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Don't worry Brucie. The Gulls will win all their January games and Alan Knill will be named Manager of the Month.. :)
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Gullscorer wrote:Don't worry Brucie. The Gulls will win all their January games and Alan Knill will be named Manager of the Month.. :)
You said that about December....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

4-1 to Plymouth if we play well. If we don't then 7-1 to Plymouth. Lose the next 3 games and I think we have had it.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Good news!

Priso's toe is better, Andrews has just phoned in and asked for a run out. Thorne is doubtful but he mentions that Hawley can do a similar job to himself if required.

Also, just been confirmed that Loo brush is back coaching our defence.

eeee iiii eeeee iiii eeeee iiiii ooooooo!!!!
up the football league we go!

:keepie:

3 nil
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

More good news: Compton appointed manager!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:If you like U2 then I give you my version of possibly the only song they have made that is any good and this one is quality especially the guitar riff near the end. If you want to sing along here is the link.

What a sight, on New Year's Day
Two teams of sh*te get underway
I want to cheer with you cheer with you night and day
On New Year's Day

I will see us lose again
I will see us lose again

Under a green slime sky
A crowd has gathered in yellow and white
Arms entwined, the chosen few
Mansell says, says
Says it's true it's true!
The Torquay break through
Gargs torn in two
We can be one

I.....I will cry again
I ....I will cry again

(Then comes the sh*t hot riff that should be enjoyed at full blast only)

Oh
Maybe the time is right
Ohhh maybe we're not sh*te

So we go , go on the rampage
And Hawley at last earns his wage
The Gulls have scored 2
But gargs have the last say
On New Year's Day

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like a 3-2 loss to me then. As much as my residence of Chesterfield has allowed me to see the flaws in Sheridan's management style I will admit that at least he has got one. We on the other hand have South Devon's solution for pest control only he uses a pushbike instead of more conventional chemical methods and mirroring his football management, he continues to repel the most obvious solution to a problem and replace it with the most bizarre. In fact it could be argue that he is the Derren Brown of league 2 football management in terms of laughing in the face of footballing basics and using a special form of alchemy which turns all yellow into chalk. Brittle and powdery.

The Pilgrims earned a last gasp draw at Wimbledon last time out with in form striker Reuben Reid (sounds like one of these dog awful R&B type artistes like Robin Thicke or Isingbut Nobodycanunderstandaf*ckingwordi'msayin'). That said he DOES have 12 goals to his name this season which is just 2 less than ALL our current contracted players put together. Plymouth have only lost once in November and once in December and are through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup unlike us who have been eliminated in all 3 without scoring, a fact Knill lovers have conveniently forgotten in the euphoria of beating Southend and Dagenham.

In fact Burton are the only team to take 3 points away from Home Park since the middle of September and only then a hard fought 1-0 win. Oh and did I mention that they are in 3rd place. We aren't, we're second bottom and not even going to trouble our neighbours down the A38. This is a certain defeat IMO because firstly we just aren't good enough and secondly we have to dig deep into physical and mental reserves for the second time this season and I just don't think we are strong enough and resolute enough to dig a result out of the sh*t when faced with a baying home crowd. Downes knows what it is like and I'd say he was our best chance of a goal. Need I say more. Hawley, if you are reading this brother, you've got your place back by default, I've seen what you are capable of when you played for Carlisle as I used to go to Brunton Park when I lived on the Warwick Road but now you are just taking the cash and laughing at us. Get some self respect back and give us everything, it's in there because I've seen it but you need to give this club something more than 3 goals. It is truly shocking and if you aren't prepared to step up now then it's either retirement or conference footy mate because nobody in the 92 will be giving you a contract. Be true, be yellow.

All you Gulls thinking of avoiding this game then I don't blame you but just get your arses down there anyway. Have a wander around the city, Plymouth is ok, lots to do, lots to see. Could be worse, could be Accrington and you could be looking at needing the quacks for a citalopram top up.

As Moby said............................GO!!

Don't care how we play so long as we compete and f*cking well concentrate!!

I can't see us getting anything from this but I do think it may be an entertaining game and I'm going either 3-1 or 3-2 to the janners.

KISS MY FACE!!!

The useless clueless obligatory blind man in the middle is the experienced Keith Stroud who was the man who sent off Aaron Downes in the 3rd minute at Daggers last season the last time he reffed us.

Peace man!! :)
Bearing in mind that most of our chanting consists of Yellow Army and very little else, I think you have about as much chance of hearing us sing all that as I have to becoming Prime Minister of the UK. or winning the lottery 3 times in 3 weeks with a huge jackpot :lol:
If you can come up with something that lasts 5 seconds no more, and has only 4 syllables we may have half a chance.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

with marquis upfront, and a similair performance to the one against southend, then we'll win. however can't see a lot going for us, 4-0
The gulls are going up
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

gullno4 wrote:with marquis upfront, and a similair performance to the one against southend, then we'll win. however can't see a lot going for us, 4-0
Marquis won't be available.. :( http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 64889.aspx

But we'll still win.. :)
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I would be amazed if we won. To think two years ago, a side of...

Olejnik
Oastler
Robertson
Ellis
Nicholson
Bodin
Mansell
O'Kane
Lathrope
Stevens
Atieno

...almost gave an exhibition of football at Home Park, yet take out Olejnik and O'Kane and is the remainder much better than what we have now, yet how differently they perform?

It is depressing to think that Plymouth are quite likely to do what we did, to us. I cannot see our players withstanding the baying Home Park crowd and a heavy defeat is a strong possibility.

3-0 to Plymouth.
vinny
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jordan Chappel

Post by vinny »

2 years ago at HP was a day to remember. We had over 1900 fans there. I can see barely 900 going this time around.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

vinny wrote:2 years ago at HP was a day to remember. We had over 1900 fans there. I can see barely 900 going this time around.
I was crammed in amongst the home supporters with my mate (argyle fan). Was gutted I couldn't really celebrate that day until I was out of the stadium. Not going this time round, will leave it at that.