Plymouth Argyle v Torquay United - 1/1/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

We were completely clueless today. No idea what system we were supposed to be playing. Got about 3 crosses Into the box. Had no runners off the ball. We were a rudderless ship heading for the rocks. After the glimmer of hope, from the 2 recent wins,we have reverted back to type. The players are individually ok, but they are receiving no guidance as to how to perform as a team. Knill has to go before we sink into the abyss that is non league football.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
vinny
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jordan Chappel

Post by vinny »

Alan Knill`s comments after the game....

"It is difficult to find positives after losing two derby games"...........No sh!t sherlock....the only positive to come out of this is if you were to resign, NOW !!

"We’re again involved in both games until that first goal"..........Stating the bleeding obvious, he must think we`ll all thick as.......He talks just like he manages - no style, no charisma, no fight, no authority, no sense, to name a few.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Before the match yesterday, Knill was being derided by both Gordon Sparks and Chris Fleet after comments he made on the lines of "it's unfair on clubs with small squads to have to play four games in two weeks over Christmas/New Year". Gordon Sparks made the point that teams used to play three games in four days on heavy muddy pitches with no substitutes. Chris Fleet commented that we have had an easy time with three games at home (Bristol Rvrs, Exeter and Morecambe) and just a short trip down the A38 for the away game. Plymouth, meanwhile, have had to travel to Oxford and Wimbledon during the same period. Knill should remember the advice "It's better to be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". I really hoped he would succeed by turning things around but he has lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:I'm happy with 0-0 but if we go back to the Exeter game, Tisdale (hardly a tactical genius) took DECISIVE action at half time and that helped tip the game in their favour. :-/
Maybe a 'throwaway' comment Andy, but actually I think Tisdale is quite an astute manager when it comes to game-plans. He certainly 'out-tacticked' Knill on Boxing Day, but then Knills lack of how to change the game plan becomes more and more obvious every game.