Exeter tickets

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Exeter tickets

Post by Sunnysideup »

Anyone local who wants to get a ticket for Exeter, the office is now open tomorrow

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 58297.aspx
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

The attendance for this game should be 5000+. Any less can be translated as a pointless loss of income by TUFC. So, just for arguments sake, let's agree that one person is worth £15 of income. Just calculate what TUFC will lose if the attendance on Sunday is the same as that of Boxing Day. In other words, 1600x£15 down the drain - and all because of the stupid, ludicrous, risible all-ticket policy.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Ridiculous situation yesterday too. There is never any trouble at plainmoor and yet all ticket forced upon us. The police needed to do feck all yesterday, the club should ask for a refund!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i think if the club/police are going to insist on these games being all ticket then they should at least sell them on the day of the match so the floating fans can turn up and get in on the day.
also it doesnt help that premiership football is on the tv, my sons mates said they couldnt be bothered to go to plainmoor as there was football on the tv at the local pub in newton abbot, its a case im afraid of tv on telly and the armchair fans prefer it.
if you look at other crowds at games yesterday we were not the only club to suffer, 2,009 at accy, 3,500 at chelts, 3,008 at morecambe, bury 3,200, wycombe 3,500, burton 3,300 and they are 4th in the league, there were exceptions of course, but i feel that tv is killing the game at lower level.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Exactly - there must be a reason that we cannot sell tickets on the day - the club should come out and say what it is. It really is a farcical situation. There is NO justification in the floating supporter not being able to turn up and get a ticket on the day.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

ROADRUNNER wrote:i think if the club/police are going to insist on these games being all ticket then they should at least sell them on the day of the match so the floating fans can turn up and get in on the day.
Well, if they sold them on the day the match wouldn't BE all ticket would it?!

That's the whole point of an all-ticket match isn't it?!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

ROADRUNNER wrote:i think if the club/police are going to insist on these games being all ticket then they should at least sell them on the day of the match so the floating fans can turn up and get in on the day.
also it doesnt help that premiership football is on the tv, my sons mates said they couldnt be bothered to go to plainmoor as there was football on the tv at the local pub in newton abbot, its a case im afraid of tv on telly and the armchair fans prefer it.
if you look at other crowds at games yesterday we were not the only club to suffer, 2,009 at accy, 3,500 at chelts, 3,008 at morecambe, bury 3,200, wycombe 3,500, burton 3,300 and they are 4th in the league, there were exceptions of course, but i feel that tv is killing the game at lower level.

No

Lazy and fickle people who claim to be real fans but aren't are doing this hence why we have a hardcore of 2000. The rest come and go as they please so if we rely on them for income we're f*cked.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bodin

Post by rooster »

Generally each game is graded taking into consideration previous crowds, previous trouble, travelling crowds etc etc day of the week and then in order to arrange Police/stewards a number is required so that the appropriate amount of staff can be allocated, this can only be done if the approximate number are known which is probably why some are all ticket etc...........
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Well, if they sold them on the day the match wouldn't BE all ticket would it?!
That's the whole point of an all-ticket match isn't it?!
No, you're wrong Scott. Theatre seats and coach seats are all-ticket, yet they can be purchased right up to the last minute, if available. The point about these things being all-ticket is to prevent the capacity being oversold, or to prevent more people turning up than can be accommodated.

As I said on the 'Bristol Rovers Game' thread, why can't the club do what National Express do? You can go to the website, check availability, order and pay for your ticket (credit or debit card), then print it out. Or make a phone call, check availability, order and pay for your ticket, then go and pick it up, right up to departure time. You don't even need a ticket; just the unique Identification Number, which you can note at the time you order, then give this number to the coach driver. Simple.

With modern technology available, there is no excuse to deny the purchase of tickets on a match-day, and to have a ground of Torquay's size just over half-full for an all-ticket match speaks for itself.
Last edited by Gullscorer on 27 Dec 2013, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I've got a revolutionary idea for anyone with friends visiting over the weekend of the Exeter game.

First of all you telephone your friends.

Then you wait until they answer and proceed with, "Hey Stuart! I was thinking, with you and Tom coming to stay at the weekend I wondered if you wanted to go to the Torquay v Exeter game with me? As you know I go when I can get and I'm planning to go on Sunday. What do you reckon?"

Then you get the response, "Yeah, sounds good mate. We're both up for it".

To which you reply, "OK, well it's all ticket so i'll get some booked and we can head off on Sunday and enjoy some footy".

IT REALLY IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT

It is called 'Planning ahead' apparently. Not heard of it myself but I've heard it helps in situations like this.

It's ironic that in this world of advanced communications, some folk can't even sort this out effectively.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
vinny
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jordan Chappel

Post by vinny »

Those of us who attend week in week out knew what sort of attendance we would get on Boxing day, in fact lower than i thought........................But why oh why cant the `Powers that be` ??

Sunday against them from up the road will be slightly more, cos they`ve sold their allocation..!!

In years gone by we have had pay on the gate.....and how often have we seen trouble at Plainmoor ?
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Unfortunately Andy, it's really not as simple as that. Simple as it may seem to you, for most people life is not always so simple, hard as that may be for simple people to understand.. ;-) =D

It's ironic that in this world of advanced communications, the club can't even sort this out effectively.. :(
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I believe it was April 27th, when there was a week full of threads asking why the Club allowed away fans in the home ends. If Exeter have sold out then you can't sell them on the day or it defeats the whole point. You either have it all ticket and lose a few hundred off the gate or pay on the gate and let anyone in anywhere. The only constant theme seems to be the Club taking stick whatever they decide.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Gullscorer wrote: No, you're wrong Scott. Theatre seats and coach seats are all-ticket, yet they can be purchased right up to the last minute, if available. The point about these things being all-ticket is to prevent the capacity being oversold, or to prevent more people turning up than can be accommodated.

As I said on the 'Bristol Rovers Game' thread, why can't the club do what National Express do? You can go to the website, check availability, order and pay for your ticket (credit or debit card), then print it out. Or make a phone call, check availability, order and pay for your ticket, then go and pick it up, right up to departure time. You don't even need a ticket; just the unique Identification Number, which you can note at the time you order, then give this number to the coach driver. Simple.

With modern technology available, there is no excuse to deny the purchase of tickets on a match-day, and to have a ground of Torquay's size just over half-full for an all-ticket match speaks for itself.

GS,

Theatres and coaches don't have to segregate rival supporters, therefore it works slightly differently for them.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Gullscorer wrote:Unfortunately Andy, it's really not as simple as that. Simple as it may seem to you, for most people life is not always so simple, hard as that may be for simple people to understand.. ;-) =D

It's ironic that in this world of advanced communications, the club can't even sort this out effectively.. :(
Life is simple. It's all ticket - buy one. End of. Simple.